Page 8 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I’m glad Harley is in this, looking forward to seeing more of her interactions with the DC universe, King writes Harley reasonably well so hopefully it’s enjoyable. This thread is very interesting there’s a lot of people who claim to know a lot about Harley Quinn but clearly haven’t read anything she appears in. Apparently she’s a mass murderer?

Anyway let’s hope King continues to show why he’s one of the top writers in comics today.
    I just hope it doesn't go the way of Identity Crisis because then there would be a problem and many here are apprehensive about this here.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Maybe Dick has heels on, or Kory is standing in a hole...

(This was the first thing I noticed about this picture.)
    I never considered those options....

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't think they are the killers - they are suspects, but like any good mystery, first suspects are almost always not the culprits.

Harley got out during Ivy's reign in Everyone Loves Ivy, and then Batman sent her to Sanctuary with Ivy.
    If Sanctuary has been around awhile, why does Batman keep sending the others to Arkham, which is obviously not the best place to go to for treatment... I don't want to think that he's given up on some and that others like Harley and Ivy are more deserving of help.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If Sanctuary has been around awhile, why does Batman keep sending the others to Arkham, which is obviously not the best place to go to for treatment... I don't want to think that he's given up on some and that others like Harley and Ivy are more deserving of help.
    Because it's probably for "proven" heroes only and not criminals.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Because it's probably for "proven" heroes only and not criminals.
    Or only for voluntary treatment.

Personally, one thing I find refreshing about the "Heroes in Crisis" idea is that it's a non-inflationary crossover event. It involves lots of heroes and their relations to each other, but without the world-threatening or universe-shattering implications that have dominated every other event I know of.

Damn, I was hoping Ivy could be a lead in this but Harley gotta be plastered everywhere.

Though that Clay Mann art is amazing as always, so can't hate.

BANNED

2 things

I love when the whole DCU get together for a splash page or a entire story,I love the connectivity of this universe.

The art will be so damn amazing,so even though everyone will be a freaking mess,they will look amazing doing it

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That I assume will be dealt with in the book.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

So having learned some more details about the book, this just keeps looking worse.

spoilers:
    On the stupid side, The Sanctuary, which has never been referenced before, has apparently been around for five years. Additionally, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have somehow managed to keep it a secret despite various heroes coming in and out of it over the years. And to top it off, these three idiots apparently thought it was a good idea to solely surround these heroes with PTSD with holograms and robots.

And then there's the fact that the story is gonna be kicked off by everyone currently at the Sanctuary being murdered, so we can expect to see the bodies of some beloved minor characters.
    end of spoilers

I saw people yesterday drawing comparisons to Identity Crisis and now I'm thinking this will be just as awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So having learned some more details about the book, this just keeps looking worse.

spoilers:
    On the stupid side, The Sanctuary, which has never been referenced before, has apparently been around for five years. Additionally, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have somehow managed to keep it a secret despite various heroes coming in and out of it over the years. And to top it off, these three idiots apparently thought it was a good idea to solely surround these heroes with PTSD with holograms and robots.

And then there's the fact that the story is gonna be kicked off by everyone currently at the Sanctuary being murdered, so we can expect to see the bodies of some beloved minor characters.
    end of spoilers

I saw people yesterday drawing comparisons to Identity Crisis and now I'm thinking this will be just as awful.
    Yeah this I actually agree with. There's some merit to superheroes dealing with trauma but the way it's described here doesn't seem good.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah this I actually agree with. There's some merit to superheroes dealing with trauma but the way it's described here doesn't seem good.
    They could just be new characters who are of no significance who are dead. Stay cool internet.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-14-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Seems weird to completely write off a story based off of that. You don't even have any true context, just baseless assumptions. I would just rather read the first issue and then decide.
    Last edited by Raijin; 06-14-2018 at 12:38 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

This has the potential to be a very powerful story. I’m all in.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Seems weird to completely write off a story based off of that. You don't even have any true context, just baseless assumptions. I would just rather read the first issue and then decide.
    I fail to see how it's any less weird to get hyped based off a premise, as some people here have, than it is to be pessimistic based off a premise and significant details.