Page 199 of 215 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3211

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Newsarama and The Beat both gave it a 6.

IGN gave it an 8.8.

And two sites I never heard of gave it a 10. I'm guessing to counter all the 2-4 ratings.

Meanwhile, BleedingCool is reporting it was the top selling book of the week and complainers are being called a vocal minority in the comments.
    The reviews seem to be mixed.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...es-in-crisis/8

I can understand both sides here. This issue does explore an interesting question, how much spoilers:
    damage can the world's fastest man do in a moment of weakness? It's Wally West's Emerald Twilight, with astounding production values. On the flipside, this can contradict many people's headcanon of Wally West.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Sorry for the ramblings, but it‘s not just Wally‘s totally out of character depiction, but the initial concept doesn‘t work for me.
    To see how how a good and entertaining comic with some psychological issues involving our heroes can work just check Peter David‘s X-Factor issue from the 90s.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The reviews seem to be mixed.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...es-in-crisis/8

I can understand both sides here. This issue does explore an interesting question, how much spoilers:
    damage can the world's fastest man do in a moment of weakness? It's Wally West's Emerald Twilight, with astounding production values. On the flipside, this can contradict many people's headcanon of Wally West.
    end of spoilers
    The other interesting thing about the reviews is that even the positive ones seem to be pointing out flaws in the series as a somehow separate issue - take this quote from the IGN review "... there's still a sense of deep concern looming over the series. Is it worth the cost? Is it worth breaking these toys and possibly doing lingering harm to fan-favorite characters for the sake of this one book? Those questions can only be answered once the series is completed." That's a line from an 8.8 out of 10!!

I even kind of get it - reviewing each issue individually in a story arc can be rough w/o knowing the whole story (it's much easier, I imagine, when the story is awful at the outset), and putting a numerical grade to a review is always an adventure. If issue 9 makes everything work and all the people who are upset recant, one could look back at that review and say the IGN reviewer was appropriately cautious but gave the creative team a deserved benefit of the doubt. If issue 9 is a what many here expect, the review of HiC as a whole will be a story that was flawed from the beginning and it'll be pretty dissonant to see the first 8 issues having great review scores (more often than not, it seems that reviewers treat the first N-1 issues as individual issues to review, then review the series in the Nth and final issue).

I'll wait to see how it ends before I decide if I need to pillory the series - I'm nothing if not an optimist - so I can see how it's hard to try to form a critical opinion and attach a score to it when you don't know if DC can stick the landing.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    A nearly 200 page thread? It'd be easier reading the book. Meh.
    But, would you really want to subject yourself to that?

Wally West did it? Why? I truly don't understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Farael the Fallen View Post
    Maybe it will really turn out that Holly Robinson did it?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe it will really turn out that Holly Robinson did it?
    It was Terry Long.

Quote Originally Posted by Farael the Fallen View Post
    Perhaps you didn't read it. It was an accident. But then he incriminated Booster and Harley for some reason.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    Perhaps you didn't read it. It was an accident. But then he incriminated Booster and Harley for some reason.
    Panic...a very human reaction, even for the finest of humans. Not that I like or support this development, but it's not entirely implausible.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Panic? What we saw was not panic. It was deliberate, psychopathic behavior. He wrote hateful messages about the people he killed in their blood. This is not Scooby-Doo framing, this is fundamentally insane, evil behavior.

I think it's very obvious they rewrote the how of the deaths after the original leaks showed how bad everyone would take it. Because everything that came after the "accident" reads like it was supposed to be deliberate.
    Last edited by Dred; 04-28-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    It was Terry Long.
    I can accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    It was Terry Long.
    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I can accept that.
    Yeah, somehow I don't think this would bother many people .

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Panic? What we saw was not panic. It was deliberate, psychopathic behavior. He wrote hateful messages about the people he killed in their blood. This is not Scooby-Doo framing, this is fundamentally insane, evil behavior.

I think it's very obvious they rewrote the how of the deaths after the original leaks showed how bad everyone would take it. Because everything that came after the "accident" reads like it was supposed to be deliberate.
    What that man did was pure evil

I've been enjoying this. The latest issue started slow, but once the reveal happened, it was great. The final issue should come out in enoght time for me to get all issues signed by King and Mann in June.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    A nearly 200 page thread? It'd be easier reading the book. Meh.
    You only say that because you haven't read the book.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!