Page 181 of 215 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3211
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I posted this in the Wally Appreciation thread but I'll share it here also...

So I have admittedly not read any of Heroes in Crisis, relying on the threads to fill me in on what's going on. I am a huge Wally West fan, as I consider Mark Waid's run with the character to be one of the greatest of all-time. But I have opened up to Barry and have enjoyed the New 52 Flash. Having said that, Rebirth's moment of Barry embracing Wally and finally remembering him was one of my favorite moments in comics over the last decade, and I would probably say one of my favorite moments in 30 years of reading comic books.

I would easily give that moment back just so Wally wouldn't have come back and couldn't be used in HiC. This just sucks. There's no other way to put it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Is this whole thing just flipping off Johns?

I can't see any other purpose for it existing.
    I Tweeted this because I agree with your thoughts
    Check out @ShinySephiroth’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ShinySephiroth/s...645784576?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    The issue had quite a few problems but this was not one of them. It was not future Wally that killed past Wally. It was past Wally who travelled to the future and killed his future self and then took his future dead self back to the present to place in his stead.
    spoilers:
    True... which means he'll still die in five days.
    Because if the future changes and he doesn't get nabbed by his past self and killed then that would undo his 'alibi'.
    end of spoilers
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I've only read a review of the issue, not the issue itself, (this was not something I wanted to support with my money) but from what I've seen, I have two questions:
    -- How does this explain that the two "greatest" detectives each thought Harley and Booster did it respectively? Was Wally really able to meticulously tamper with the crime scene so that people would think that either Harley or Booster did it? (like the fake teeth in Commander Steel's throat)
    -- If he went through the trouble of such an elaborate cover-up/frame job, why did he record a confession?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I've only read a review of the issue, not the issue itself, (this was not something I wanted to support with my money) but from what I've seen, I have two questions:
    -- How does this explain that the two "greatest" detectives each thought Harley and Booster did it respectively? Was Wally really able to meticulously tamper with the crime scene so that people would think that either Harley or Booster did it? (like the fake teeth in Commander Steel's throat)
    -- If he went through the trouble of such an elaborate cover-up/frame job, why did he record a confession?
    All of the cover-up and crime happened in the blink of an eye.

The recording was after he'd had days to reflect on it.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

spoilers:
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    So then when those days catch up Wally should be dead since he killed his future self when those five days pass, past Wally will come and kill him. Wally should be dead now.
    Those days caught up with him at the end of issue 7. What we see in issue 8 is what happened prior to that. Or rather we see what happened after the death of the heroes. Him fixing the Sanctuary simulations so that Harley and Booster each saw the other having done the killing, then going to the future to kill his future self, and then going back to plant the body. What we have yet to see is what happened during those five days in between the flashback in this issue and him being killed five days later.
    end of spoilers

All of what you see in issue 8 happens prior to issue 1. The only character whose appearance here follows the previous issues is future Wally, whose appearance here follows his appearance in issue 7, but whose dead body's appearance precedes issue 1.
    Last edited by Tenzel Kim; 04-24-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    spoilers:
    True... which means he'll still die in five days.
    Because if the future changes and he doesn't get nabbed by his past self and killed then that would undo his 'alibi'.
    end of spoilers
    None of this makes any sense. Following the Flash War, the Speed Force was cut off the Time Stream and all speedsters are unable to time travel. Now you want to tell me that he can travel into the future, kill his future self (instead of going to the past and stopping it from happening to begin with) it's dumb and not true to character.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    None of this makes any sense. Following the Flash War, the Speed Force was cut off the Time Stream and all speedsters are unable to time travel. Now you want to tell me that he can travel into the future, kill his future self (instead of going to the past and stopping it from happening to begin with) it's dumb and not true to character.
    Delete/Duplicate.
    Last edited by kingaliencracker; 04-24-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    spoilers:
    Based on this thread, it was explained he used Booster's time travelling tech.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

So in issue three, we are shown La'gaan coming across some dead bodies and his death right after. But this latest issue has him with everyone else when things 'go bad'.

Is there any explanation for this or was it simply a case of King not being able to keep his own story straight?

Spectacular Member

Further insanity here:

spoilers:
    I told my wife what happened and she said, "so Wally made being fried by lightning bolts look like being shot?"

Me (tongue in cheek): "No, this was Speed Force lightning, so they were impaled."

Her: "Oh, yes... the pointed spear tips of Speed Force Lightning. Of course!"

Me: "So he then used his CSI training from simply 'knowing how Barry AND Batman think'... you know... two of the greatest detectives ever... to make those spear wounds look like bullet holes. Maybe using his speed to change the shape of the holes in their bodies to match a gun."

Her (irritated but laughing): "you know this makes him sound super sadistic. He either did what you said and then got Bullets and covered them with his friends' blood, or he got a gun and shot their corpses."
    end of spoilers

And he did it all in a way that tricked Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    So in issue three, we are shown La'gaan coming across some dead bodies and his death right after. But this latest issue has him with everyone else when things 'go bad'.

Is there any explanation for this or was it simply a case of King not being able to keep his own story straight?
    La'gaan traveled to the past to investigate with his non-existent super-speed powers that totally don't allow time-travel, and got caught in the blast.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    La'gaan traveled to the past to investigate with his non-existent super-speed powers that totally don't allow time-travel, and got caught in the blast.
    Even though I laughed harder than I should have... this is inexcusable. From my PoV, this issue was retconned and because of fan backlash they have changed what the intended outcome of the event was supposed to be and they are going to try and do something... redeeming? Or more baffling, I don't know. But this issue reeks of rushed rewrites.

EDIT - I mentioned this to my wife and she said spoilers:
    that maybe that is a hint that Wally actually didn't do any of this and someone is manipulating his broken mind, and now he is the real bad guy's pawn...
    end of spoilers

I'd like to believe that a little, but I think that is giving this story too much credit.
    Last edited by ShinySephiroth; 04-24-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Amazing Member

Thought of that (La'gaan), and I am thinking it is part of

spoilers:
    "the version" of events that either Booster/Harley saw while inside, so they thought all the killings weren't at the same time, which would be a clue to speed.
    end of spoilers

Yikes, I hate writing that.

Also, let's ponder that

spoilers:
    Wally West, using super speed, to frame Harley, inserted that smiling toy down the corpse of a deceased friend/ally/fellow hero.
    end of spoilers

DAMN IT.
    Last edited by Eduardo; 04-24-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Further insanity here:

spoilers:
    I told my wife what happened and she said, "so Wally made being fried by lightning bolts look like being shot?"

Me (tongue in cheek): "No, this was Speed Force lightning, so they were impaled."

Her: "Oh, yes... the pointed spear tips of Speed Force Lightning. Of course!"

Me: "So he then used his CSI training from simply 'knowing how Barry AND Batman think'... you know... two of the greatest detectives ever... to make those spear wounds look like bullet holes. Maybe using his speed to change the shape of the holes in their bodies to match a gun."

Her (irritated but laughing): "you know this makes him sound super sadistic. He either did what you said and then got Bullets and covered them with his friends' blood, or he got a gun and shot their corpses."
    end of spoilers

And he did it all in a way that tricked Batman!
    Your wife makes a lot of good points.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake