Page 208 of 215 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3211

Seems there are people willing to pay for being Tom King‘s psycho analyst.

DKR‘s and Watchmen‘s dilemma is, while being great comics, that others try to step in their shoes. How many have succeeded? None, if I‘m not mistaken.

Tom King‘s story might have worked with unknown characters or as an indy-comic, using established, decade old fan favourites was too much for King. The idea itself, how do heroes cope with PTSD, offers an interesting premise on its own, but the moment you involve villains like Harley you water it down.

In the end, King couldn‘t deliver the goods.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    This was pure garbage. I didn't even buy the issue and I want a refund and an apology. Yeah it's official I'm done with DC.
    This^^^

Congratulations Didio and King you have made this lifelong DC fan drop all of DC.

Bye bye. Nice while it lasted.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    Seems there are people willing to pay for being Tom King‘s psycho analyst.

DKR‘s and Watchmen‘s dilemma is, while being great comics, that others try to step in their shoes. How many have succeeded? None, if I‘m not mistaken.

Tom King‘s story might have worked with unknown characters or as an indy-comic, using established, decade old fan favourites was too much for King. The idea itself, how do heroes cope with PTSD, offers an interesting premise on its own, but the moment you involve villains like Harley you water it down.

In the end, King couldn‘t deliver the goods.
    If you go with what interviews have suggested, he wrote a plot without characters and was then told to use certain people in certain roles.

As such, he isnt totally to blame for certain aspects.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This^^^

Congratulations Didio and King you have made this lifelong DC fan drop all of DC.

Bye bye. Nice while it lasted.
    Dan Didio needs to be fired. I'm sorry but its true. Failure New 52 should have caused him to be fired. Continue to treat lead editorial mandates that are killing dc comics. Treating some of most popular characters like trash (Like Teen Titans) cause he hates them. For DC Comic Books to even have a chance to exist and compete with Marvel in the future he needs to go.

Can someone spoil whether or not Roy Harper is actually dead?

And are Wally’s kids back?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Can someone spoil whether or not Roy Harper is actually dead?

And are Wally’s kids back?
    Yes, he is.

No, they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Yes, he is.

No, they're not.
    Ugh, I thought one of the big points of this was a return of his family.

And killing Roy is stupid.

I’m done with King.

All of my complaints have pretty much been said.

So I’ll just say this series has been honest to goodness one of the worst comics I’ve ever read. I really can’t put into words how much I disliked it.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    If you go with what interviews have suggested, he wrote a plot without characters and was then told to use certain people in certain roles.

I still blame him in that, I cannot understand why anyone with the sway King has would agree to write a story like this. Characters should drive a story, the plot should be created around them. A writer shouldn't make a plot than just insert characters with pre-established history and characterization into whatever role the writer needs to move the plot along. It's like giving someone an empty puzzle board, and giving them puzzle pieces from other puzzle sets to finish it. Of course, it's not going to work.
    Last edited by Batknight; 05-29-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

That is a horrible way to go about doing such an important story about mental health and a story that will change a character forever (at least the next few years to a decade) like Wally.

I don't see the stink of this going away for a while.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Bendis is looking at all this and thinking to himself, "Well it's not me this time ruining a beloved character."
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Bendis is looking at all this and thinking to himself, "Well it's not me this time ruining a beloved character."
    If he stays at DC long enough, and wants to be part of the inner circle...
    He may have to.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

My comic shop got shorted...have to wait a week...darn.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    A. He's paid.

B. He's one of those Zack Snyder esque "reality is dark and miserable and I want things to be realistic" guys.
    Yeah he's paid as being a critic is his job. What does that have to do with anything?

He also said he books like Teen Titans and Young Justice are good and never says books like HiC are the only way to go. He also says he understands people not liking this story so he's being far more fair to the other side.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-29-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Yes, he is.

No, they're not.
    Thanks for the info. It seems I saved myself a lot of heartache by believing the rumours and refusing to touch this title in the first place.

(Roy’s my favourite character ever ever ever, so I’m a bit ticked off by it. Second favourite character is currently an OOC amnesiac, third favourite has been in limbo for years, so DC clearly don’t want my money right now.)