Page 103 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3211
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Another this was the interview where King said Didio chose Harley and Booster:

https://ew.com/books/2018/07/13/batm...s-crisis-more/

Attachment 74281

King asked Didio which two character to use as protagonists. Didio chose Harley and Booster, but King seems pretty happy about this.

So, it was still King choice.
    This is ignoring that editorial chose who died, which is the majority of the outrage. There is not a lot of outrage at Harley and Booster being the main characters, even if there is some exhaustion about Harley's absurd level of exposure.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    This is ignoring that editorial chose who died, which is the majority of the outrage. There is not a lot of outrage at Harley and Booster being the main characters, even if there is some exhaustion about Harley's absurd level of exposure.
    My outrage is more how king has butchered every bit of character progression Booster has had since the old JLI days.

Astonishing Member

I remember that the list was about the characters King could kill, which imply King still plan to kill a lot of characters in his story.

I don't think editorial force King to kill characters.

PS: Although maybe my memory is bad. Do you remember where is the source of that information?

Yeah, that's why im still annoyed and fed up about about Harley's "Wolverine Publicity" levels of exposure that is shoving everybody is throats when she's stealing the spotlight which she has no role on event to begin with that DC attempting to make Harley a Cookie cutter Diet Deadpool lite character.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Yeah, that's why im still annoyed and fed up about about Harley's "Wolverine Publicity" levels of exposure that is shoving everybody is throats when she's stealing the spotlight which she has no role on event to begin with that DC attempting to make Harley a Cookie cutter Diet Deadpool lite character.
    Harley's push would be a lot more tolerable if the writers didn't botch her redemption arc.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I remember that the list was about the characters King could kill, which imply King still plan to kill a lot of characters in his story.

I don't think editorial force King to kill characters.

PS: Although maybe my memory is bad. Do you remember where is the source of that information?
    Both versions were said. Bleeding Cool has an article - with a quote/correction by King himself - about how the original list of dead characters included by DC included Bunker, and neither him nor his editor wanted that. There is another interview where the line was something like "DC sent a list of characters to be killed, so it was not on him [King]". I can't look for either right now, but they're out there.

That said, the fact that both Wally and Roy were on any list - be it a "to kill" list or a "can kill" list, is both crap and indicative of the very same editorial bias.

Even if this was 100% Kings idea (something I don't believe is the case), go pitch this exact same story to Dan Didio with Barry Allen or Hal Jordan instead, and see how it flies.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Thank you for the answer.

According to Didio, the death of Wally (or, at least, a Flash) is idea of King. Didio say this in an interview:

"We did an interview and a panel, and God bless Tom King for reminding me of my own statements," the Co-Publisher said. "He said, 'I take the word Crisis very seriously. I remember when Dan did an interview in 2007 and said you can't have the word Crisis and have a live Flash. You've got to kill a Flash every Crisis. I take those things to heart.' I didn't give him that thought.

https://www.google.com.pe/amp/s/www....is-deaths/amp/

Are we sure that was Booster at the end? What if it was the simulacrum? That would explain his force field not working in his fight with Harley.

Incredible Member

This series is making no sense to me.
    Why are all the Sanctuary residents wearing this crime fighting outfits?
    Why must they pretend to not know each other?
    (“Hi, I’m Roy,”would not reveal anyones secrets.)

Astonishing Member

Thank you for the answer.

According to Didio, the death of Wally (or, at least, a Flash) is idea of King. Didio say this in an interview:

"We did an interview and a panel, and God bless Tom King for reminding me of my own statements," the Co-Publisher said. "He said, 'I take the word Crisis very seriously. I remember when Dan did an interview in 2007 and said you can't have the word Crisis and have a live Flash. You've got to kill a Flash every Crisis. I take those things to heart.' I didn't give him that thought.

https://www.google.com.pe/amp/s/www....is-deaths/amp/
    This is a stupid lie. They didn't kill a Flash in Infinite Crisis. They didn't kill a Flash in Final Crisis. The didn't kill a Flash in Identity Crisis. They didn't kill a Flash in Zero Hour: Crisis in Time.

There is literally only one Crisis where The Flash died and that was Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Anyhow, here you go: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...s-kill-bunker/

Tom King confirmed there was a list of killable characters after word leaked the Bunker was among their number. Apparently King got to pick from said list as it was probably bigger and filled with even more Titans than he needed to kill.

Considering Roy and Wally are big names I'm pretty damn sure those were insisted on being killed for impact rather than a list of low exposure Titans no one's seen in years. Those are the ones Tom King got to choose. Wally and Roy are the ones editorial would step in on -- either to protect them or demand their death. Editorial always has the oversight on big names.
    Last edited by Dred; 11-28-2018 at 08:32 PM.

This is a stupid lie. They didn't kill a Flash in Infinite Crisis. They didn't kill a Flash in Final Crisis. The didn't kill a Flash in Identity Crisis. They didn't kill a Flash in Zero Hour: Crisis in Time.

There is literally only one Crisis where The Flash died and that was Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Yeah I know, it makes no damn sense.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeah I know, it makes no damn sense.
    Not only that, they brought a Flash back in Final Crisis. Up to HIC's nonsense, the total Crisis Flash Death Count adds up to 0!

Astonishing Member

Well, I just put what Didio said about King saying this.

I don't think Didio needs to lie, since he's always pretty honest about his wish to dissapear legacy characters.

So, it's likely King wants to kill a Flash.

Anyhow, here you go: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...s-kill-bunker/

Tom King confirmed there was a list of killable characters after word leaked the Bunker was among their number. Apparently King got to pick from said list as it was probably bigger and filled with even more Titans than he needed to kill.

Considering Roy and Wally are big names I'm pretty damn sure those were insisted on being killed for impact rather than a list of low exposure Titans no one's seen in years. Those are the ones Tom King got to choose. Wally and Roy are the ones editorial would step in on -- either to protect them or demand their death. Editorial always has the oversight on big names.
    Thank you for the interview.

I really doubt DC forced Tom King to kill Roy and Wally. It seems to be King decision, but editorial doesn't prevent this.

Astonishing Member

Well, I just put what Didio say about King saying this.

I don't think Didio needs to lie, since he's always pretty honest about his wish to dissapear legacy characters.

So, it's likely King wants to kill a Flash.

Thank you for the interview.

I really doubt DC forced Tom King to kill Roy and Wally. It seems to be King decision, but editorial doesn't prevent this.
    I guarantee you Didio expressly said to make Wally and Roy the "big" deaths in HiC. And I guarantee you if King had asked for Barry and Ollie he would've been shot down. There's a very, very obvious reason for that and I will leave it to you to figure that one out.

Now obviously the story is not done. Characters can (and in wally's case probably will) come back to life. But it doesn't make this any less shock value tripe. Pretending to care about this character's history and arc while you look at a body on the ground.

Astonishing Member

I guarantee you Didio expressly said to make Wally and Roy the "big" deaths in HiC. And I guarantee you if King had asked for Barry and Ollie he would've been shot down. There's a very, very obvious reason for that and I will leave it to you to figure that one out.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure DC would have prevented King from kill Barry or Ollie. There is no doubt about that.

That's why if King decide a Flash should die (which seems to be his decision), then he should know Wally would be the chosen one.