Page 105 of 215 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3211
    Astonishing Member

More about Didio's words "A Flash should die in a Crisis":

https://www.newsarama.com/41143-does...in-crisis.html
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-29-2018 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    we're dealing with booster gold here. i bet any money wally is back by the end of this, and if he's not, dc can kiss my money goodbye. i refuse to support a company that puts out something as dumb as what happened to wally this issue. absolutely stupid
    A man is crying while holding the corpse of a dear friend. He's caught off guard by a surprise attack and takes a huge hit on the head, which kills him. I don't see anything stupid about that. It happens everyday. even with superspeed, if you're caught off guard, you can get hit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Which part do you disagree with? Do you think well adjusted people (even within the context of the DCU) do the things costumed individuals do? Hiding out in clubhouses and punching problems are not mature acts imo. Someone with the intelligence of Superman or Batman could do a lot more for humanity with their brains than their fists, but they put their underwear on over their tights and wear capes instead. I love all that stuff but it's also ridiculous. In a story where we're looking at them as though they are real humans, I don't know why they would have nuanced and sophisticated ways of treating their issues. They're doing what they always do, which is repeating the same behavior expecting a different outcome. They are denying that death should play a part in their lives and that they will have to process their grief in a healthy way. They are applying superhero logic to superhero problems.
    If they were creating such an environment, then they should have trained, living professionals at the facility to monitor & evaluate the progress of the patients (not some AI).

Does DC have a Leonard Samson?

This set-up makes the Trinity look like well-meaning, but dangerous fools. This is bad on the level of the JL mind-wiping Batman & Doctor Light.

I don't think it is a good move to place your (top tier) heroes in stories like this. Writers should find better ways to bring real life situations in their comic stories.

Whoever decided that Alan Moore create homage characters, instead of the actual Charlton characters, was very smart.

Wow, DC really gone and killed their Indian superhero with the most panel time. She had so much potential too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Does DC have a Leonard Samson?
    ...Leslipe Thompkins ?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    When? where? in which issue? I cannot miss that!
    It isn't there. Duke fares better than any of the Robins. Dick, meanwhile, got shot in the head. See also I Am Bane.

A segment of the fan base resents Duke because he's being added to an already bloated Bat Family and taking up space that could be given to established characters who need it more.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Especially if you take into account Rikdad's (always) excellent thoughts on 1-3 which are posted in the Mystery thread. Here's a link:

http://rikdad.blogspot.com/2018/11/h...signs-and.html

And in case it hasn't been mentioned here (avoiding this thread mostly for fear of spoilers), the final panel of #3 was not for nothing. That character's appearance is likely to be meaningful. For some excellent background from Bored at 3AM, check out the HiC mystery thread. The stuff on the significance of the final panel begins on page three but really gets going further into the thread.
    While there's definitely something (intentionally) weird going on that's intended to increase the sense of mystery, I always have a sense of unease when reading a detailed analysis of art discrepancies between two issues. In a meticulously-spun story they might very well mean something - but more often than not most of them turn out to be sloppiness.

The shifting position of the Wally & Roy bodies better get paid off, though. One does not kill off characters that have been more-or-less continuously published for over a half century, and not keep track of where they died.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It isn't there. Duke fares better than any of the Robins. Dick, meanwhile, got shot in the head. See also I Am Bane.

A segment of the fan base resents Duke because he's being added to an already bloated Bat Family and taking up space that could be given to established characters who need it more.
    I guess he wants King to make Batman a Duke showcase book like it was the first 8 or so issues and then virtually disappeared after those.

I guarantee Wally isn't dead in this. DC isn't going invest as much as they did in his return over the last few years to just kill a fan favorite like that

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    I guarantee Wally isn't dead in this. DC isn't going invest as much as they did in his return over the last few years to just kill a fan favorite like that
    I really think he’s dead right now. But with the incredible shitstorm created by HiC #3 (which I don’t understand since it’s the best issue) they will probably bring him back in 2019.

It will easily generate even more money than his death.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 11-29-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    The only thing keeping Wally alive was Geoff Johns. Didio has wanted to kill him off for years but Geoff fought him tooth and nail on it. Didio hates ALL the original Teen Titans and wants them all gone.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The only thing keeping Wally alive was Geoff Johns. Didio has wanted to kill him off for years but Geoff fought him tooth and nail on it. Didio hates ALL the original Teen Titans and wants them all gone.
    Which is kind of inexplicable, since the original Teen Titans are the versions that get all the exposure in the other media and made the brand strong in the first place.

There's a difficult situation for them when it comes to all these generations in place with none of them going anywhere. But even with the possibility of the reboot in the New 52, Dan undermined the whole "streamlining it down to the iconic characters" by using Tim's generation and godawful Tron outfits as the Teen Titans instead. Why was that decision made?

Although even with Wally's grand re-introduction in Rebirth, I think we can conclude there wasn't much of a plan in place afterward in light of the Titans title fizzling out.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Which is kind of inexplicable, since the original Teen Titans are the versions that get all the exposure in the other media and made the brand strong in the first place.

There's a difficult situation for them when it comes to all these generations in place with none of them going anywhere. But even with the possibility of the reboot in the New 52, Dan undermined the whole "streamlining it down to the iconic characters" by using Tim's generation and godawful Tron outfits as the Teen Titans instead. Why was that decision made?

Although even with Wally's grand re-introduction in Rebirth, I think we can conclude there wasn't much of a plan in place afterward in light of the Titans title fizzling out.
    Because Dick's generation "made Batman look too old".

They just brought Wally back, had a bunch of unresolved big plot threads being explored....I think his death is a red herring right now. I just don't see editorial being that dumb (knock on wood)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wow, DC really gone and killed their Indian superhero with the most panel time. She had so much potential too.
    I thought about this, too. Not that I liked the New 52 "darkened light" change to her design. This would be a good opportunity to get back to something closer to her original design. You know, if they want to work around the whole "dead" part.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com