Page 109 of 215 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3211
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    *sigh*

I feel bad that my first thought in seeing this was, "Please don't be just another excuse to **** on Ted Kord." I got quite enough of that in the last Blue Beetle series.
    Be real funny if that is Jaime Reyes getting taken out as he just got a movie announced.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    If you read Kings Batman run you would note all of those characters are more or less anti heroes or anti villain who help Batman more than hinder.

That's why Bruce let Harley and Ivy go to sanctuary and not Arkham asylum(or Belle Reve)
    Kite man is not an anti anything except competent. Ivy just tried to take over the world and kill Batman but somehow King just makes her somehow a victim. I guess Harley can be seen as an antihero, unfortunately. The others are criminals who the legal system wouldn’t just let go.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Leslipe Thompkins ?
    I forgot about her!

Pre-Crisis/DCAU LT? Brilliant!

Post-Crisis LT? Idunno...look at how Bruce turned out....

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Kite man is not an anti anything except competent. Ivy just tried to take over the world and kill Batman but somehow King just makes her somehow a victim. I guess Harley can be seen as an antihero, unfortunately. The others are criminals who the legal system wouldn’t just let go.
    Seeing real-life news saying there are just 12 years to save the ecosystems and the world and what not, maybe it would've been better if Bruce had let Ivy take over the planet.

Also, "tried to kill Batman" is just... not what happened. Batman tricked her into fatally hurting him so that she would try to save him via Harley.

Last edited by Confuzzled; 11-30-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Seeing real-life news saying there are just 12 years to save the ecosystems and the world and what not, maybe it would've been better if Bruce had let Ivy take over the planet.
    I'm all for saving the environment but I don't think Ivy is that much better at managing it than everyone else who's been trying for decades.

BANNED

I think we should just let Ra's wipe out the population and then send him to sanctuary for being an anti-hero lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm all for saving the environment but I don't think Ivy is that much better at managing it than everyone else who's been trying for decades.
    Capitalists have ALWAYS blocked major efforts by environmentalists. Just look at how painfully drawn out the Dakota Access pipeline issue has become.

Ivy's plan of flat out mindcontrolling people to comply and work together would've been pretty effective, even if it's not morally soundproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Capitalists have ALWAYS blocked major efforts by environmentalists. Just look at how painfully drawn out the Dakota Access pipeline issue has become.

Ivy's plan of flat out mindcontrolling people to comply and work together would've been pretty effective, even if it's not morally soundproof.
    Thing is, you need people to give feedback and debate over what is the best course of action and that wasn't going to happen with everybody under Ivy's control.

This series has kind of ruined DC for me and I have a pretty high threshold for bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Thing is, you need people to give feedback and debate over what is the best course of action and that wasn't going to happen with everybody under Ivy's control.
    But at least she actually archived world peace and in this short time saved many lives. She also brought Batman back from the dead with a combination of magic and technology.
    The way she did all this was morally wrong and would likely go wrong at some point but for a short time it worked.

Maybe that’s why King will kill her off, she’s too powerful...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    But at least she actually archived world peace and in this short time saved many lives. She also brought Batman back from the dead with a combination of magic and technology.
    The way she did all this was morally wrong and would likely go wrong at some point but for a short time it worked.

Maybe that’s why King will kill her off, she’s too powerful...
    Yes, it's Chris Claremont and Phoenix-powered Jean Grey again. First he made her too powerful and then when he realized it would be difficult to sustain stories with someone who can just mindwave away any major issues, he decided to kill her off.

In Ivy's case though, the one out is if DC wants her to be the next Avatar of the Green. There have been a few hints in different titles.

That makes some sense, given what's going on in JLD with a new Parliamnet for the Green, actually. Not the worst fan theory

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    That makes some sense, given what's going on in JLD with a new Parliamnet for the Green, actually. Not the worst fan theory
    That assumes the various parts of DC are talking with each other. JLD with the destruction of Olympos could easily tie into the misplaced mythological creatures in Wilson's starting Wonder Woman run, but we haven't seen any attempt to tie the two together yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I think we should just let Ra's wipe out the population and then send him to sanctuary for being an anti-hero lol.
    Yeah, this "morally questionable" thing for Ivy doesn't work for me at all. There is nothing questionable about it, what she did was classic villain "taking over the world" stuff and should be treated accordingly. Sure, she is not as bad as Joker, but she is still nowhere close to being anti-hero or anything of the sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, this "morally questionable" thing for Ivy doesn't work for me at all. There is nothing questionable about it, what she did was classic villain "taking over the world" stuff and should be treated accordingly. Sure, she is not as bad as Joker, but she is still nowhere close to being anti-hero or anything of the sorts.
    How is wiping out a population the same as preventing said population from harming the environment and themselves (and only temporarily at that)? Even characters like Punisher use more lethal force than that.