Page 115 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3211

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Gays, straights, transgenders and furries
    Interestingly, there's a good deal of overlap there...
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Heroes in Crisis #2 is 7th: 88,547
    Heroes in Crisis #3 is 8th: 83,794

So, it seems its sales are around 80k for now. It will be interesting to see how the sales develop in the future.
    Here’s hoping those sales keep dropping!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Babsgirl teased by Tom King on Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

So I guess it's Batgirl's turn to get outwitted by the mighty and unflappable Harley Quinn .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess it's Batgirl's turn to get outwitted by the mighty and unflappable Harley Quinn .
    That or they may bond over a missing in action Ivy:

She is a character whose inclusion in this story seems like a no-brainer.

That or they may bond over a missing in action Ivy:

I can see Babs' emphasizing with Harley's loss, and I guess she might miss Ivy since they were on two different versions of the Birds of Prey together.

(Will King actually remember that? Who knows).
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Although the 3 Jokers story is also going to examine Barbara's trauma from what the Joker did to her.

Astonishing Member

I don't see why. Unless you think everything revolves around Gotham she has little to no connection with the plot besides just being a spinoff bat character. She's got nothing to do with any of the murdered characters, isn't a part of Sanctuary's deal, and is like the 10th person in the list of "related to Harley" characters I can imagine.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I don't see why. Unless you think everything revolves around Gotham she has little to no connection with the plot besides just being a spinoff bat character. She's got nothing to do with any of the murdered characters, isn't a part of Sanctuary's deal, and is like the 10th person in the list of "related to Harley" characters I can imagine.
    There's the whole "being shot (and sexually abused, depending of how you look at it) by Joker and paralyzed for years thing;
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although the 3 Jokers story is also going to examine Barbara's trauma from what the Joker did to her.
    I'm not as concerned with making sure there's a story handling's Barbara's trauma, it's that when there's a superhero trauma center, the DC icon for traumatic experiences should probably be mentioned.

The whole shot and restricted to a wheelchair for a fairly considerable length of time trauma. Certainly she's been put through more than many of the other characters appearing at Sanctuary for this story..

Astonishing Member

I'm not as concerned with making sure there's a story handling's Barbara's trauma, it's that when there's a superhero trauma center, the DC icon for traumatic experiences should probably be mentioned.

The whole shot and restricted to a wheelchair for a fairly considerable length of time trauma. Certainly she's been put through more than many of the other characters appearing at Sanctuary for this story..
    The entire point of this series is every hero who's been around any bit of time has serious significant trauma, or could be construed as having such. Barbara's not unique in this case, unless you think it's unique based on the popularity of the comic it happened in. A character who would fit is a hero with trauma who was very closely connected to the ones who died. Unless Barbara was secretly really good friends with Roy or something, I dunno. "Having trauma" isn't a unique factor in this, the book that gives everyone trauma. There's half a dozen characters I'd slot in before her (two of which are in the story, admittedly).

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    There's the whole "being shot (and sexually abused, depending of how you look at it) by Joker and paralyzed for years thing;
    Years? Isn't Barbara in her super early 20s? It was like months in current continuity before she had a piece of super technology cure her. The sexual abuse thing would be apt but I don't think DC has ever brought that up with Babs even since making it canon (and then pseudo-uncanonizing it in post Flashpoint continuity). Then again this story referenced Max freaking Lord dying so who knows.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-11-2018 at 08:11 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Years? Isn't Barbara in her super early 20s? It was like months in current continuity before she had a piece of super technology cure her. The sexual abuse thing would be apt but I don't think DC has ever brought that up with Babs even since making it canon (and then pseudo-uncanonizing it in post Flashpoint continuity). Then again this story referenced Max freaking Lord dying so who knows.
    Haven't followed Babs for a while, but at least during the beginning of the New 52 she had spent 3 years in the wheelchair.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

DC's been rather firm on saying that there was no sexual abuse in Killing Joke. That's certainly questionable based on the actual story and Barbara's lack of clothing if we consider being non-consentually stripped and photographed nude sexual abuse.

I'm not as concerned with making sure there's a story handling's Barbara's trauma, it's that when there's a superhero trauma center, the DC icon for traumatic experiences should probably be mentioned..
    On the other hand, having Babs as DC's icon for traumatic experiences isn't a good place for Babs to be, and really a result of DC's decision to revert the character and erase her Oracle experience. Because as Oracle, Babs was not defined by her victimhood, but by being a survivor who recovered and built a new life.

Note also that Babs went through normal, mundane, trauma recovery channels, shown on-camera by both Simone and Yale/Ostrander, possibly others as well. If King had been serious about Sanctuary, I imagine Babs wouldn't have been a patient: she'd have been a lead designer of the place. (Of course, I consider the way Sanctuary has been set up is just bizarre, so I'm just happy that King didn't heap incompetence over her.)

DC's been rather firm on saying that there was no sexual abuse in Killing Joke. That's certainly questionable based on the actual story and Barbara's lack of clothing if we consider being non-consentually stripped and photographed nude sexual abuse.
    Yep. DC can scream all they want that there was no sexual abuse in TKJ, and all they'll do is show how they are stuck in a legalistic and increasingly outdated view of sexual abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    On the other hand, having Babs as DC's icon for traumatic experiences isn't a good place for Babs to be, and really a result of DC's decision to revert the character and erase her Oracle experience. Because as Oracle, Babs was not defined by her victimhood, but by being a survivor who recovered and built a new life.

Note also that Babs went through normal, mundane, trauma recovery channels, shown on-camera by both Simone and Yale/Ostrander, possibly others as well. If King had been serious about Sanctuary, I imagine Babs wouldn't have been a patient: she'd have been a lead designer of the place. (Of course, I consider the way Sanctuary has been set up is just bizarre, so I'm just happy that King didn't heap incompetence over her.)
    Excellent point on that not being a good place for Barbara. I read the pre-nu52 Birds series and loved seeing babs grow and mature there. She dealt with many issues and not just those associated with KJ. I'd love to go on about her and what I think, but except for the basics I've already stated, my lack of expertise in the field as well as the changing history of the character involved makes educated discussion impossible for me.

I still think she's at the top of the list for trauma survivors even though there are dozens or more characters who have died and come back to life. Your point about her being an architect/designer for Sanctuary rings true, but King's obviously playing the trinity as the top three dogs. It would be nice to have had someone knowledgeable about counseling techniques and in the field on this.