Page 205 of 215 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3211
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    spoilers:
    He can still wind up with the Suicide Squad, though.

(Wonder if Harley would be a part of that?)
    end of spoilers
    I can't tell if your making this a good thing or bad thing.

spoilers:
    He can still wind up with the Suicide Squad, though.

(Wonder if Harley would be a part of that?)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    From how it Ends, There is No clear Direction for him, not even that
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    spoilers:
    From how it Ends, There is No clear Direction for him, not even that
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    But Wally joining the Suicide Squad was a popular rumor at one point, one that seemed to get derailed by Wally's apparent death in HiC.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Wally fans: I have the Spoilers You’ve been looking for:
    spoilers:
    The short version is everyone hugs it out and Wally is locked up in a justice league prison, so he lives is the only good news
    end of spoilers
    Still really dumb. spoilers:
    Should have been revealed not to be wally after all. Wally and DC fans promised better then this crap. This is not what anyone wants. Its garbage that could still lead to him being in Suicide Squad. Which is not a good thing. This was awful. It made no sense. It made no sense how happen or covered up. It made no sense not to reunite wally with his family instead do 9 issue bore fest. King wanted to do a story about trauma. No problem but not this way where you brutally and bad kill off random characters. Then try to ruin a fan favorite character. For what? For Suicide Squad book he didn't need to be apart of? Anger fans that you just were making up for with Rebirth?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Still really dumb. spoilers:
    Should have been revealed not to be wally after all. Wally and DC fans promised better then this crap. This is not what anyone wants. Its garbage that could still lead to him being in Suicide Squad. Which is not a good thing. This was awful. It made no sense. It made no sense how happen or covered up. It made no sense not to reunite wally with his family instead do 9 issue bore fest. King wanted to do a story about trauma. No problem but not this way where you brutally and bad kill off random characters. Then try to ruin a fan favorite character. For what? For Suicide Squad book he didn't need to be apart of? Anger fans that you just were making up for with Rebirth?
    end of spoilers
    The entire point of Wally in this comic is everything DC promised of Wally was a lie and he is not up to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The entire point of Wally in this comic is everything DC promised of Wally was a lie and he is not up to the task.
    Only because of badly forced writing.

spoilers:
    But Wally joining the Suicide Squad was a popular rumor at one point, one that seemed to get derailed by Wally's apparent death in HiC.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think him dying ever stopped the Suicide Squad rumors. Those rumors came out the same time it was revealed Wally would be the killer in HiC right at its beginning. What I think might have caused some issues with the Suicide Squad book is that Azz (who was rumored to write it) seems to have become upset with DC given the whole fallout of the BatPenis controversy.
    end of spoilers

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Of course DC delayed Doomsday Clock to put it out with this. Didio couldn't miss a chance to thumb his nose one last time at Johns and his belief that Wally is a good, heroic character.

This is genuinely worse than Countdown. It's a One More Day level trainwreck. What a tragedy that this got published.

15 years of this...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Okay, calling BORED AT 3 A.M. You lost a bet, fella.

(but I'll empathize and change my description as well)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Damn it. The whole thing is so... you know ? That feeling when... And then I wasn't expacting that and I didn't know... Gaaah !

The End ?

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Okay, calling BORED AT 3 A.M. You lost a bet, fella.

(but I'll empathize and change my description as well)
    That's a 2x loss. I knew it. The bet was rigged from the start, I mean why would Nemesis show up let alone be important?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That's a 2x loss. I knew it. The bet was rigged from the start, I mean why would Nemesis show up let alone be important?
    The rumored(which now seems like it could have been a red herring) Azzarello Suicide Squad book. Pretty obvious.

Thank God this event is over. One of the poorest event stories I've ever read. It feels like it completely missed its mark at nearly every level. In this issue alone outside of Mann's art I found everything about it just frustrating and insulting. King's whole premise just never made any sense. He wants to act like Wally was this big hope figure but we never saw Wally do anything. Wally was never given a solo book or his own story to really become anything when he was brought back before DC and King decided to tear the character down. Then all this was in some garbage attempt to write some story about mental illness and depression, but King completely fails to accurately capture any of those real issues in the story. It was so confusing. His depiction of things like mental illness bordered on being insulting by trying to justify and excuse all of Wally's actions with it too. Manipulating the corpses of heroes he killed, like shoving fake teeth into one, is kind of inexcusable and just there just to service some poorly thought up "'murder mystery" that made little sense. King trying to close off this issue with some "inspiring" lines about carrying burdens completely fell flat as well.

So at the end Wally goes to some prison and will probably be stuck in some Suicide Squad book likely to complete that old rumor (I pray King doesn't write it), Booster and BB are laughing and having drinks on a couch, Harley and Ivy are happy together, and what made the least amount of sense to me is that Barbara goes BACK to Sanctuary acting like it is this good place. This is probably one of the biggest faults of the series in that King failed to establish that Sanctuary is effective at all or even good. Not one hero there seemed to be better off by going there. All it did was just cause problems and fail to do what it was set up to do. If anything it felt more harmful forcing or allowing heroes to relive their horrible nightmares, which again is King failing to understand anything about real mental illness.

And then all the 9 panel grid hero confessions just got on my nerves. Trying to boil down these characters into a few lines while missing the point of so many. The Robins being so concerned with the others Robins is one I particularly found grating. King doesn't get it at all it felt like. Lastly what was really annoying was all the forced humor in the issue trying to add some awkward comedic moments in a story where Wally killed loads of heroes and then manipulated their corpses. Like half the issue was bad attempts at humor.

I'm just glad it is over with but I have little confidence or hope that anything better will come of this in the end.

As for the book itself, I'll take that it didn't live up to it's potential as long as I got Harley and Ivy. That aspects was beyond solid.