Page 207 of 215 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3211

As a major fan of Wally's, I didn't buy this mini because I was afraid it'd be another "Identity Crisis" style ruining of a fun character under the guise of darkness masqerading as depth.
    Last edited by edpower; 05-29-2019 at 05:36 AM.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Always Rakzo

Last issue was character assassination, this one was plot assassination.

Good Lord, this was one of the most stupid resolutions that I've ever seen, one even has to wonder why they wanted to use time travel of all things if they were going to use it so poorly, especially for a story that was supposed to be a murder mystery. Nothing was solved, nothing was changed and we're supposed to accept things as they are.

Oh, and this Wally can now burn in hell. I can't believe that people were willing to forgive him so easily and I can't believe I'm saying this about my favorite Flash.

Art was good but who cares at this point? This was easily the worst DC event that I've seen, at first I thought this was just as bad as Cry for Justice but f*ck that, this is much worse and that's quite the accomplishment.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    So how long before King, Gerads, and who knows who else starts trying to defend this issue on twitter?
    Can’t wait to read it.

I can't believe some of you guys spent your money on that shit. I really hope most of you pirated it online or something, because DC doesn't deserve anyone's hard earned money with most of the garbage they are printing these days.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 05-29-2019 at 06:01 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I can't believe some of you guys spent your money on that shit. I really hope most of you pirated it online or something, because DC doesn't deserve anyone's hard earned money from this shit.
    I bought it so y’all didnt have to but I used an Itunes Voucher I had to pay for it. Instead I used my comics budget on a One Per Store Angel #1 Variant
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

If the theme of this series was supposed to be that you can go on and that you are not alone, then its narrative really fails to support it. Justice League Dark did that better in two issues (#5 and #6) than this nine-issue event comic did, and with more sympathy for and better characterisation of its principals throughout.

But then you have so many other problematic elements and messages heaped into this story. The way mental illness is stigmatised. The way mental health treatment is depicted as useless and dangerous. The way the innocent victims of a mass shooting are erased, while the white male instigator is the one who we are told to understand and sympathise with. The way Poison Ivy became "saved" by a man's violence against her.

And the way Booster and Beetle "cloned" a dead body. Either they murdered a third quick-grown Wally, or dead!Wally was never alive in the first place, and that puts Barry's and Batman's forensic competence into even worse ground.

I can understand King failing down in asking the questions and exploring the themes that are at the core of Heroes in Crisis. But a good editor should never have let this through. That's the real tragedy here. There are good questions here, but the answers are damaging. There are good messages it wants to send, but they are not supported by the story. There are good—even great—moments, but they are all isolated.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ya, #9 kind of blew. I don’t know, I was expecting more. Totally said all he needed was a hug and for a human person to tell him he’s not alone.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-29-2019 at 06:49 AM.

This was pure garbage. I didn't even buy the issue and I want a refund and an apology. Yeah it's official I'm done with DC.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I don't really know what this series was or why it was needed.

The story was unsatisfactory, had a poor ending, and seems to have really hurt a character that DC seems dedicated to making awful despite him having a really committed set of fans you'd think they'd want to bank on.

I'm disappointed.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 05-29-2019 at 06:09 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Last issue was character assassination, this one was plot assassination.

Good Lord, this was one of the most stupid resolutions that I've ever seen, one even has to wonder why they wanted to use time travel of all things if they were going to use it so poorly, especially for a story that was supposed to be a murder mystery. Nothing was solved, nothing was changed and we're supposed to accept things as they are.

Oh, and this Wally can now burn in hell. I can't believe that people were willing to forgive him so easily and I can't believe I'm saying this about my favorite Flash.

Art was good but who cares at this point? This was easily the worst DC event that I've seen, at first I thought this was just as bad as Cry for Justice but f*ck that, this is much worse and that's quite the accomplishment.
    No doubt Rakzo, aside from the plot and the choices king makes, that’s fine. But why is everyone a stammering, blubbering idiot with the dialogue of an emo 14 year old?

Kings writing has made him persona non grata to me, I don’t care if he wins 46 Eisners.

So I guess they are dropping the ‘Barry is blameless for Flashpoint’ angle? Seeing as Wally’s blamed Barry multiple times in this book. Maybe he should be put in a cell next to his nephew. Not saying this to stir up Barry vs Wally shit, love both characters. But it is ironic that both Barry and Wally have caused more pain and destruction than Captain Cold and a good chunk of the rogues ever will.

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

This run is legitimately the worst I ever see in this year
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    So I guess they are dropping the ‘Barry is blameless for Flashpoint’ angle? Seeing as Wally’s blamed Barry multiple times in this book. Maybe he should be put in a cell next to his nephew. Not saying this to stir up Barry vs Wally shit, love both characters. But it is ironic that both Barry and Wally have caused more pain and destruction than Captain Cold and a good chunk of the rogues ever will.
    Didio's credo is that for us to win, a hero has to sacrifice something. It always boils down to them being selfish or terrible at their jobs. Barry and Wally have both used time travel to fix problems before. They're better than this. The Flash simply has no place in Dan's DCU.

This sucks. There's no way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    A. He's paid.

B. He's one of those Zack Snyder esque "reality is dark and miserable and I want things to be realistic" guys.