Page 23 of 215 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, my gosh of course.

Tim's just died so he's out.

The book sounds self-contained so anyone can be the killer really, accidentally or not, and have it resolved in this book without bothering their main title.
    Oh this isn't going to be self-contained. This is going to be one of the pre-cursors to the next Crisis. Just like Identity Crisis was the first salvo in the lead-up to Infinite Crisis. All of this is going to be hugely important and resonate through all titles, most likely.

The hallmarks in timing, names, content, is too similar to be ignored.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Exactly. Normally, I would just roll my eyes and be like well he will return again, but he’s not a big enough character that would generate revenue to be brought back to life.
    Ray Palmer? You mean the dude who is one of the main characters on Legends and has never been too far from the Justice League for decades? Yeah, I wouldn't worry so much. If it is him, it won't take too long to bring him back. Especially because both Didio and Johns have a huge thing for classic Silver Age characters.

Kyle and Tim are are my favourites of their respective franchises but they are, at this point, pretty redundant.

I mean, whoever they kill will come back sooner rather than later. Weirdly, I'm more worried about them screwing up a character by making one of the heroes a murderer. Still, it's Tom King so I'm going to go with it.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Ray Palmer? You mean the dude who is one of the main characters on Legends and has never been too far from the Justice League for decades?
    I didn't read it then, but how involved was Ray with the Justice League during the New52 run?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I didn't read it then, but how involved was Ray with the Justice League during the New52 run?
    I didn't read it, I admit. But the Atom always seems like the guy the League calls when they need someone who is tech savy even if he isn't currently a member.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Ray Palmer? You mean the dude who is one of the main characters on Legends and has never been too far from the Justice League for decades? Yeah, I wouldn't worry so much. If it is him, it won't take too long to bring him back. Especially because both Didio and Johns have a huge thing for classic Silver Age characters.

Kyle and Tim are are my favourites of their respective franchises but they are, at this point, pretty redundant.

I mean, whoever they kill will come back sooner rather than later. Weirdly, I'm more worried about them screwing up a character by making one of the heroes a murderer. Still, it's Tom King so I'm going to go with it.
    Ray Palmer in the Arrowverse is very different in terms of character from Ray in the comics. And there has been pretty much zero synergy at DC when it comes to Legends aside from a book that had nothing to do with it having the title.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh this isn't going to be self-contained. This is going to be one of the pre-cursors to the next Crisis. Just like Identity Crisis was the first salvo in the lead-up to Infinite Crisis. All of this is going to be hugely important and resonate through all titles, most likely.

The hallmarks in timing, names, content, is too similar to be ignored.
    Right. Of course. If they're going to go Identity Crisis it's going to annoyingly spill out and will change everything.
    Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.
    I hate it when they do this. Something important that happens to the character should happen in their own book.

I'm going to pay attention and see if they fix their past mistake, that is, not letting the writer in charge of the character's book know something awful is going to happen. Like how Grayson wasn't told that Nightwing was planned to die in Infinite Crisis so she had him propose to Babs, or like how Higgins had to stop his worldbuilding in Chicago because Forever Evil happened.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-04-2018 at 01:58 PM.

I didn't read it, I admit.
    So, if you didn't follow the Justice League for the +/-five years of the New52, how can you say
    Ray Palmer? You mean the dude who is one of the main characters on Legends and has never been too far from the Justice League for decades?

Nightwing? Is this where he finally experiences death? Tom King likes so hopefully this is the first “Crisis” he plays an integral role in.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Ray Palmer in the Arrowverse is very different in terms of character from Ray in the comics. And there has been pretty much zero synergy at DC when it comes to Legends aside from a book that had nothing to do with it having the title.
    He is very different. Still, it is a name that is out there, which improves his chances of coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, if you didn't follow the Justice League for the +/-five years of the New52, how can you say
    Fair enough. I just mean he's iconic enough that he wouldn't stay dead.

Though, honestly, the fact that this is superhero comics means they won't be gone too long.

All-New Member

This is looking to be everything I don’t want to read right now - feels like identity crisis days

I just know they’re going to do something dumb with Kyle due to his trauma from Alex’ death and something dumb with Wally due to the trauma of his losing 10 years and his kids and whatever....

After Booster’s treatment in Batman, i have little hope for him too

Edit: then again, King has been writing Mr Miracle which i thoroughly enjoy - any chance this can just be an Elsewhere book? I can do without ‘nothing will ever be the same again’ for a little bit
    Last edited by Doomsayer; 07-04-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    This!
    The Arrowverse version of Ray Palmer is hardly even recognizable of his silver age counterpart. The comic version is continually “lost” is some various purgatory of the DC universe and may get a cameo every now and then........if we are lucky. Furthermore DC has continually pushed Palmer aside in favor of Ryan Choi, because heaven forbid there be more than one Atom!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

They can pretty much kill Kyle, Roy, and Tim now
    They are starting to hit that weird point of not serving an purpose as characters now that new characters are slowly catching on and taking their place

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    They can pretty much kill Kyle, Roy, and Tim now
    They are starting to hit that weird point of not serving an purpose as characters now that new characters are slowly catching on and taking their place
    Roy's the Nightwing of the Arrow Family, I don't see him getting killed off.

And King already pulled a fakeout Kyle death in Omega Men. Tim had a fake death too.

I can see Roy dying. He is off the Titans, having a reunion with Jason and has no real place at the moment.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Roy's the Nightwing of the Arrow Family, I don't see him getting killed off.

And King already pulled a fakeout Kyle death in Omega Men. Tim had a fake death too.
    Roy only really has RHATO and Titans I don't really see that as too important not to get killed off in a big crossover
    The plan was probably to kill Tim much like the plan was for a time to kill Damian
    One writer(Tynion,Tomasi,etc) just really liked the character and saved him but now the stories have run their course and there's nothing for the character to do anymore.

Kyle really stopped being relevant with the increased push behind Jessica and Simon. Even Hal is sort of taking a backseat to them. In current Lantern hierarchy Kyle is probably dead last even if King did write him well in Omega men I doubt he could justify keeping him around doing nothing some more.