Page 29 of 215 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    you guys have gotta stop believing every rumor posted on 4chan.
    Yup. They were floating a Wally mini a few weeks back where he reunites with Linda. And some other HiC rumors that contradict this one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Will he also trade in his escrima sticks for a dead cat?

And as I said in another thread . . . what's 4Chan's level of credibility based on their past track record?

Is it right up there with

And don't forget, even a broken analog clock normally has the right time twice a day (unless we're dealing with time changes).
    4chan is less reliable than a Ouija board actually.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I bet Barron Trump shitposts on 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Someone else put some rumors about the story in 4Chan (I do not believe it all, but some things make sense:
    Sincerely hope that post is full of crap. That's like a lite version of what they did to Hal Jordan in the 90s.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Honestly I would classify "rumors" on 4Chan to be more on the order of fan speculation rather than actual legit rumors. Any time I've come across ones from there it always sounds more like things fans "want" to happen than anything that may actually happen to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Finally making him interesting?

How has he lasted so long if he's so uninteresting?
    Listen....I'm speaking for myself. Not every character is interesting to ME. It doesn't matter how long they lasted. Thanks.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Someone else put some rumors about the story in 4Chan (I do not believe it all, but some things make sense:
    You know...I know this is probably 99% BS, but...I'm actually ok with most of this. I think it would springboard some interesting stories for the next few years.

The only part I outright hate (and I'm gonna get flack for this) is the bit about making Secjic change his art so the "girls are less sexy". Superhero comics are escapism...I'm heterosexual, so of course I love sexy women in my comics (no, not in a dirty way). If the girls are "too sexy" and/or offensive, then they need to give Bruce Wayne some love handles and maybe Dick can start balding. Male & female superheroes are mostly just naked drawings of sexy people with painted on costumes, I say let the artist depict them how they want. It's pretty easy to see how an artist draws things, so if you don't like their depiction of women then don't hire them to draw the book lol (or as a consumer, don't buy it).

Anyway, off my soap box. Putting on my flame-resistant suit now :P
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Incredible Member

The 4chan post did indicate Kyle Rayner as one of the victims, and The Green Lantern's new direction (which apparently limits the Human GLs to 2) would give credence to him being killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    The 4chan post did indicate Kyle Rayner as one of the victims, and The Green Lantern's new direction (which apparently limits the Human GLs to 2) would give credence to him being killed off.
    Let's not say "would give credence" to something from 4chan just yet.
    I think "so maybe that could happen" would be closer.

I won’t acknowledge that these rumors are legit but if Nightwing loses an arm I will stop reading, Nightwing losing an arm is beyond stupid considering how many times Bruce has come back to life and also Alfred had his hand re-grown. Giving him a Metal arm like Bucky would push Percy to the worst Dick Grayson writer ever because his forced Luddite narrative is boring me. If you add him getting back together with Barbara in some reverse crippling that relationship will also be toxic to me.

Once again you can see the pattern; they take things that fans on the internet are vocally paranoid about happening (bad stuff happening to Nightwing in a crossover) and weave them in with parts of likely theories (Poison Ivy dying considering her character arc up until now is a solid enough theory).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Once again you can see the pattern; they take things that fans on the internet are vocally paranoid about happening (bad stuff happening to Nightwing in a crossover) and weave them in with parts of likely theories (Poison Ivy dying considering her character arc up until now is a solid enough theory).
    Yeah. It seems like those "leaks" were designed to purposely piss off Wally fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    I won’t acknowledge that these rumors are legit but if Nightwing loses an arm I will stop reading, Nightwing losing an arm is beyond stupid considering how many times Bruce has come back to life and also Alfred had his hand re-grown. Giving him a Metal arm like Bucky would push Percy to the worst Dick Grayson writer ever because his forced Luddite narrative is boring me. If you add him getting back together with Barbara in some reverse crippling that relationship will also be toxic to me.
    Not to mention the fact that Arsenal lost his arm during "Cry For Justice" and everyone hated that too.

Mighty Member

Exactly.

Think about it. There really isn't much point to doing this other than enjoying the freakout that results from people on the internet. The rumors are going to be disproven, probably fairly quickly. But they get a bunch of attention and result in people freaking out. It really is being done just to get a reaction out of people.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

They are also sprinkling in just enough truth to look credible. Take this little gem from the recent list:

>Red Hood is killing criminals with a crowbar to get the Joker's attention. In fact, he's using the original crowbar that Joker used on him. Batwoman will try to stop him.<

Red Hood is going to be using the same crowbar Joker used on him in this new direction that Lobdell has planned and he might also be killing criminals again. That said I don't believe that he's using the crowbar to specifically get Joker's attention. I read the book and there's nothing indicating that to be true nor do the solicitations we have indicate that Joker is is going to be involved in this story line at all. Also Batwoman being the one to try and stop him seems out of place here as well.

I think most of these "rumors" are of the "lies sprinkled with truth" variety.

Also the last set of these claimed that Lobdell was being taken off RHATO and Lobdell himself squashed that one almost right away so no I don't believe anything I see from there. 4Chan is far from a credible source. Heck, I'd take BC over them any day even if I still take BC's rumors with a grain of salt. At least it isn't a whole box of salt.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-01-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG