Page 30 of 215 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Forgive my spoiler sensitivity but I feel like when I glanced at this thread earlier today there were 4chan rumors without spoilers so I quickly looked away.

Are we spoiler-free here? Is the coast clear to read this thread for someone that really doesn't want to be spoiled? If not, okay, I just want to know so I know if I should read it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Not to mention the fact that Arsenal lost his arm during "Cry For Justice" and everyone hated that too.
    Speaking of Arsenal, pretty conspicuous that the only direct tie-in to Heroes in Crisis is in Green Arrow.

Although, personally, I'd find it a little problematic if, in a story about mental health and recovery, DC killed off one of their character's most known for growing from trauma and addiction into something better and stronger.

Although Roy has always been kind of the chew toy of the DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Finally making him interesting?

How has he lasted so long if he's so uninteresting?
    Has he honestly lasted so long? It seems like the history of Wally West has been about either building him up or replacing him. My favorite issues were the early ones where he was trying to live up to Barry's shadow... but ever since then??? He gets sucked into the speed force... Jesse Quick takes over for him.... John Fox takes over for him... Bart takes over for him... The kids steal the spotlight from him... now Barry has taken back the mantle... and when Johns was writing him even the rogues were getting some serious stand alone arcs with Wally waiting on the bench.

HOW many times has he been sucked into the Speed Force now for someone else to take over. As much as I DO like Wally... His career just seems to be a long line of 'someone trying to make him interesting' and then quickly trying something else...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Forgive my spoiler sensitivity but I feel like when I glanced at this thread earlier today there were 4chan rumors without spoilers so I quickly looked away.

Are we spoiler-free here? Is the coast clear to read this thread for someone that really doesn't want to be spoiled? If not, okay, I just want to know so I know if I should read it or not.
    I think very few people are taking the 4chan rumors seriously (since no one should be taking them seriously), so no one has really bothered with spoiler tags since it doesn't seem like these are actually spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of Arsenal, pretty conspicuous that the only direct tie-in to Heroes in Crisis is in Green Arrow.

Although, personally, I'd find it a little problematic if, in a story about mental health and recovery, DC killed off one of their character's most known for growing from trauma and addiction into something better and stronger.

Although Roy has always been kind of the chew toy of the DC Universe.
    After reading Green Arrow today, I definitely think Roy is going to into Crisis with the most likely to be killed honor. It definitely seemed like they were setting up Ollie to deal with the fallout of losing him. Enjoyable issue, though.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Someone else put some rumors about the story in 4Chan (I do not believe it all, but some things make sense:
    Why is there so little regard for spoilers in this thread? This post is filled with them!

First the original 4chan stuff is posted without spoiler tags then the correction post on 4chan was posted (with some very realistic scenarios from what I saw before I looked away) which was utterly filled with spoilers but posted without spoiler tags.

This is unusual behavior from this community. Please observe usual rules so fans won't get spoiled if they don't want to. That sucked for me. I hate getting spoiled and I don't know if I was or wasn't. Posters took that decision away from me which is what spoiling is and it sucks, always.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 08-01-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Why is there so little regard for spoilers in this thread? This post is filled with them!

First the original 4chan stuff is posted without spoiler tags then the correction post on 4chan was posted (with some very realistic scenarios from what I saw before I looked away) which was utterly filled with spoilers but posted without spoiler tags.

This is unusual behavior from this community. Please observe usual rules so fans won't get spoiled if they don't want to. That freaking sucked.
    But, it's 4chan.
    How many times have they been correct over the years in their "rumors" of what's suppose to happen?

(Can anyone name anything they were ever 100% correct about?
    90% correct about?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, it's 4chan.
    How many times have they been correct over the years in their "rumors" of what's suppose to happen?

(Can anyone name anything they were ever 100% correct about?
    90% correct about?)
    First, I don't know from 4chan and I shouldn't have to. If rumors are being purported there should be spoiler tags. The rule is very simple.

Second, the post I quoted also included a response to correct the 4chan post with alternate facts. I don't know what's true and what isn't on 4chan or from a person correcting the record and I'd really rather not have to find out because I clicked on a thread.

If someone is purporting spoilers, whether 4chan or Bleeding Cool or the New York Times they should know to include spoiler warnings.

But, I mean, come on, people here DEFINITELY should know better.

Of course 4chan leaks are most likely lies, the one thing that makes me nervous is that I can absolutely picture King and Didio doing what the post says.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Of course 4chan leaks are most likely lies, the one thing that makes me nervous is that I can absolutely picture King and Didio doing what the post says.
    I haven't read either but I did absorb some stuff from not knowing what I was reading fast enough. Hopefully I'll forget it. Otherwise it's like when someone tells you the score to a game you've recorded and can't wait to watch and then says, "Just kidding! Or am I?" It sort of sours the whole experience of watching the game because the person that said that is in your head throughout it. Same with movie spoilers followed by "just kidding." And even if 4chan is wrong, there's some chance what they wrote came from something right, so I'd rather decide for myself if that's okay. But that would require posters use spoiler tags.

I see people putting spoilers on guesses they have about things in case their guesses come true. That's overdoing it. But ANY rumor should be spoiler tagged and I think any other one probably would. People are already Identity Crisis-hostile toward this series and aren't showing the same respect they normally would wrt spoiler tags for rumors.

Incredible Member

Good old batman's never ending supply of money.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Pretty much. Yet another reason not to spend money on this story.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Double post.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Has he honestly lasted so long? It seems like the history of Wally West has been about either building him up or replacing him. My favorite issues were the early ones where he was trying to live up to Barry's shadow... but ever since then??? He gets sucked into the speed force... Jesse Quick takes over for him.... John Fox takes over for him... Bart takes over for him... The kids steal the spotlight from him... now Barry has taken back the mantle... and when Johns was writing him even the rogues were getting some serious stand alone arcs with Wally waiting on the bench.

HOW many times has he been sucked into the Speed Force now for someone else to take over. As much as I DO like Wally... His career just seems to be a long line of 'someone trying to make him interesting' and then quickly trying something else...
    If you look at how long the character has been in print yeah he has lasted long. Quality and time are two different things.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Pretty much. Yet another reason not to spend money on this story.
    The more information coming out about this series the worse it keeps on getting for me.

I've gone from it just not sounding like it will interest me to sounding like I will hate it.

It sounds like a Didio wet dream. Dark, depressing, heroes dying, going crazy, fighting with each other , Not trusting each other, heroes doing evil things changing their character completely. Not to mention this crap being dumped on most of my favorite heroes whom Didio seems to loathe.

All that topped off with Kings own brand of depressing and psychological concoction makes this sound like it's going to be a disaster for the DCU.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

First, I don't know from 4chan and I shouldn't have to. If rumors are being purported there should be spoiler tags. The rule is very simple.

Second, the post I quoted also included a response to correct the 4chan post with alternate facts. I don't know what's true and what isn't on 4chan or from a person correcting the record and I'd really rather not have to find out because I clicked on a thread.

If someone is purporting spoilers, whether 4chan or Bleeding Cool or the New York Times they should know to include spoiler warnings.

But, I mean, come on, people here DEFINITELY should know better.

Honestly 4Chan is not a credible source at all though. Its fan speculation no different than some of the things people post here and people here post speculation without spoiler tags all the time. This so called "corrected" version of these "rumors" was merely updated to fit whatever new direction that speculation went in or to fit with what this particular poster hopes will be happening. Like I said they sprinkle a bit of fact within those so called rumors to make the more believable but at the end of the day its all just fan speculation not fact nor even rumor. I hate being spoiled but I don't feel like I am being spoiled with this 4chan "rumors" because the source is just not credible in my opinion. YMMV of course but I see nothing to get so upset over since these are most likely things that will not be happening anyway.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG