Page 38 of 215 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Im ready to read and support this thing already. The hate is getting beyond ridiculous at this point.
    Hating characters getting killed and their deaths being used to publicize the event. I wonder why?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Meh. I don't really care for this version of Roy anyway, so kill away for all I care.

Hopefully they'll bring back the real pre-Cry For Justice Roy (with Lian) sometime after Doomsday Clock is finished (or maybe by Rebirth: The 52nd Kingdom Crisis (Infinite Countdown Clock to Zero Hour) at the most...)

Besides, it wouldn't be a Big 2 company wide crossover if nobody died and/or was maimed in some fashion. Actually, I can't think of one DC event where nobody died and/or was maimed. (is there one?)

So, wake me up when the real Roy is back.

Until then, I'll just pick it up and see if it entertains me, personally. If not, I'll just drop it and see if anything else out there might interest and entertain me, personally.
    That's how I feel about this universe as a whole, most of these characters don't feel like themselves but it's what were stuck with for the time being.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Hating characters getting killed and their deaths being used to publicize the event. I wonder why?

Ignore it? When there's a title i have zero interest in. Especially a title i know for a fact that i won't like. I just look for something that suits my taste.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I would have preferred <REDACTED> or <REDACTED> but hey <REDACTED> is probably at <REDACTED> worst when <REDACTED> has nothing to do with <REDACTED> and has to resort to being <REDACTED>
    You know, since the bloody issue won't be released for another week-and-a-half, SPOILERS should be used here.

Courtesy, please!

Ignore it? When there's a title i have zero interest in. Especially a title i know for a fact that i won't like. I just look for something that suits my taste.
    How can you just ignore it when a character that someone follows dies in it?

Why is this suddenly about your taste? I was replying to you thinking the hate is ridiculous and I gave a major reason why it's getting the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Meh. I don't really care for this version of <REDACTED> anyway, so kill away for all I care.

Hopefully they'll bring back <REDACTED> sometime after Doomsday Clock is finished (or maybe by Rebirth: The 52nd Kingdom Crisis (Infinite Countdown Clock to Zero Hour) at the most...)

Besides, it wouldn't be a Big 2 company wide crossover if nobody died and/or was maimed in some fashion. Actually, I can't think of one DC event where nobody died and/or was maimed. (is there one?)

So, wake me up when the real <REDACTED> is back.

Until then, I'll just pick it up and see if it entertains me, personally. If not, I'll just drop it and see if anything else out there might interest and entertain me, personally.
    Don't people realize it isn't polite to talk about these things before the issue is released without any spoiler boxes or anything (especially when the title of the thread doesn't say "SPOILERS")?!?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You know, since the bloody issue won't be released for another week-and-a-half, SPOILERS should be used here.

Courtesy, please!
    It's the worst kept secret, it's like Captain Atom and Monarch all over again.

That's how I feel about this universe as a whole, most of these characters don't feel like themselves but it's what were stuck with for the time being.
    Why do you say "for the time being"

Do you actually think Doomsday will fix everything?

(not trying to sound rude, just wondering why you said that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Why do you say "for the time being"

Do you actually think Doomsday will fix everything?

(not trying to sound rude, just wondering why you said that?)
    I say time being because it is inevitable that things will reboot or relaunch at some point.

Could be a year or a decade.

Mighty Member

How can you just ignore it when a character that someone follows dies in it?

Why is this suddenly about your taste? I was replying to you thinking the hate is ridiculous and I gave a major reason why it's getting the hate.

Here we go....again. Is taste and preference NOT important? I'm very much LOOKING FORWARD to Heroes In Crisis, despite angry fans on the internet telling me not to. I feel like it will tackle some subject matter that i can truly relate to. It won't be for you and that's fine. It's all about tastes. It's no big deal. Hopefully a book comes around that you'll be excited for.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Here we go....again. Is taste and preference NOT important? I'm very much LOOKING FORWARD to Heroes In Crisis, despite angry fans on the internet telling me not to. I feel like it will tackle some subject matter that i can truly relate to. It won't be for you and that's fine. It's all about tastes. It's no big deal. Hopefully a book comes around that you'll be excited for.
    You're excited, that's cool. I never said I wasn't or that you shouldn't be, I was explaining that people (and myself) are upset at the idea of promoting a book with character death. Yet again more dead Titans in an event book.

Taste, preference, and opinion are all well and good but I never brought these things up or questioned yours.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The more I hear, the worse it sounds.

Why on Earth does Didio hate the legacy characters of the DCU??
    Roy, Dick, Wally, Garth, Kyle - all have been screwed in various severity.
    Then there's the JSA and Infinty Inc - completely ignored.

There is SO much more to DC than the Silver Age reiterations of these characters!
    Stop pissing on everything that doesn't meet your ideal PLEASE and embrace what makes the DCU great.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post

There is SO much more to DC than the Silver Age reiterations of these characters!
    Stop pissing on everything that doesn't meet your ideal PLEASE and embrace what makes the DCU great.
    It's going to be a vicious cycle, once the current heads of DC are replaced by people who grew up with the legacy characters they will be back in full force. Then the people who grew up with the current pseudo Silver Age rebirth will replace them and on and on.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

It's going to be a vicious cycle, once the current heads of DC are replaced by people who grew up with the legacy characters they will be back in full force. Then the people who grew up with the current pseudo Silver Age rebirth will replace them and on and on.
    Sure, but for a while there in the 90's readers got to have their cake & eat it too.
    We had the JSA, JLA but then there was also Teen Titans, Titans.
    There were legacy characters side by side with their idols/mentors
    Jay and Wally
    Bart & Max
    John/Guy & Kyle
    Ollie/Connor
    Bruce/Dick
    Dick/Tim
    We had great titles like Starman and Manhunter that built upon the great characters of the Golden & Silver Age
    Adam Strange was cool again. Hawkman's history actually made sense and he kicked arse!
    Roy was an agent of Checkmate and COMPETENT.

Guess I am getting old. I never thought I'd ever say "Things were better when I was younger"
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post

Minor thing: Roy and Garth aren't legacy characters.