Page 55 of 215 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Both writers and psyciatrists do this all the time. Here you have both!
    ^^^^

I think the original idea for Sanctuary was good, but Didio turned it into...this. I would have been interested in the PTSD focused story that King wanted to tell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm sure it's fun to think pessimistic, but Kyle will be ok. He is going to titans.
    Maybe they can kill that character off there....
    Last edited by mrbrklyn; 09-26-2018 at 07:49 AM.

wait a minute, there's an obscured body wearing a familiar symbol along with the rest of the bodies... just underneath superman's cape.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Wait for it.

Stuff like this is why I don't bother buying comics anymore. You bring Wally back just to kill him off less than a year later? WTF?!
    To be fair, Wally returned in DC Universe: Rebirth in May of 2016, so he's been back for a little more than two years.

Well, at least the art was good. Literally nothing else was.

And, seriously. Why is Harley Quinn involved? Last I saw, she was still a Suicide Squad member and stuck in Belle Reve (her own series being part of its own continuity).

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wait a minute, there's an obscured body wearing a familiar symbol along with the rest of the bodies... just underneath superman's cape.
    Looks like it. Hence my original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    To be fair, Wally returned in DC Universe: Rebirth in May of 2016, so he's been back for a little more than two years.
    Hasn't he died at least once a year since he returned?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, at least the art was good. Literally nothing else was.

And, seriously. Why is Harley Quinn involved? Last I saw, she was still a Suicide Squad member and stuck in Belle Reve (her own series being part of its own continuity).
    Nope Harley's series is based in main continuity this has been stated many times, as to why she is involved I'm guessing because King wanted to use her in his story.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Nice catch i missed that!

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." Truer word have never been spoken by the Dan "The Man" Didio.

I'm totally putting that in my signature lol.
    Once again didio is wrong. He thinks half the fans should stop buying books.

Good job Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    Well I’ve not bought or read the issue yet, but reading the CBR article that’s it, that’s me done with DC now.

I’ve been reading comics since I was 15, now I’m 48 and I’m sick of them pissing on my favourite characters.

I’m going to cancel this before I even pick it up. Not interested in another Didio murderfest.

I know people will say I’m over reacting and to give it a chance but I just can’t get engaged in a company who thinks the only way forward is to kill off legacy characters.

Even the murder of minor characters such as Blue Jay and Steel hurts, and I’ve a feeling Kyle’s next.

So I’m out. See you in the collected edition section guys.

Paul x
    Same here, being a comic reader for over 20 years myself I am just tired of this stunt marketing and death just for shock value.

The fate of my favorite character Poison Ivy wasn't revealed in #1 and because DC editors have messed Ivy up and blocked real development for years and just don't seem to agree how to handle her I bet they use the easy way out and she'll get identified as another body in issue #2.

At this moment I just don't wanne get invested anymore, DC is just too frustrating under Didio.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Nope Harley's series is based in main continuity this has been stated many times, as to why she is involved I'm guessing because King wanted to use her in his story.
    But, sometime in the future though, right? Because Croc isn't in prison, Power Girl pops up every so often, and Harley barely even mentions anything to do with Gotham (even when Gotham criminals pop in from time to time). But currently, she should be in Belle Reve.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Once again didio is wrong. He thinks half the fans should stop buying books.

Good job Dan.
    But don't you know that we are expandable as the characters in this book? Not like sales are dwindling every year and there is millions of news per year........ Oh wait.

My one hope for this really is that it actually resolves itself by the end and isn't just a way to promote some other new project or just to get certain characters in place for their next thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    But, sometime in the future though, right? Because Croc isn't in prison, Power Girl pops up every so often, and Harley barely even mentions anything to do with Gotham (even when Gotham criminals pop in from time to time). But currently, she should be in Belle Reve.
    Part of me at times makes me wish I could ignore the rest of DC continuity just for Harley's book.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    My one hope for this really is that it actually resolves itself by the end and isn't just a way to promote some other new project or just to get certain characters in place for their next thing.
    I have a bad theory that has to do with something on cover that I mentioned in earlier post will lead to even worse fate for one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    Well I’ve not bought or read the issue yet, but reading the CBR article that’s it, that’s me done with DC now.

I’ve been reading comics since I was 15, now I’m 48 and I’m sick of them pissing on my favourite characters.

I’m going to cancel this before I even pick it up. Not interested in another Didio murderfest.

I know people will say I’m over reacting and to give it a chance but I just can’t get engaged in a company who thinks the only way forward is to kill off legacy characters.

Even the murder of minor characters such as Blue Jay and Steel hurts, and I’ve a feeling Kyle’s next.

So I’m out. See you in the collected edition section guys.

Paul x

These things are cyclical, but even so, I'm with you. I'm just tired of this crap. Stop treating characters like they're disposable and just tell good stories with them instead of going for shock value, DC.