Page 59 of 215 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Ahhh, I feel you now. I'm not as invested one way or the other in regards to JL membership either way, but I see the point.
    It's not JL membership pér se. it's the fact that every character has to be fucked so those can stay on top.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Nope Harley's series is based in main continuity this has been stated many times, as to why she is involved I'm guessing because King wanted to use her in his story.
    Actually Didio told King to use Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    spoilers:
    Wings can also be seen in the picture with Superman which i am guessing may be Golden Eagle if that is him pictured on the cover
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think that's Blue Jay on the cover. The wings are interesting, though it could be attributed to Jay's shrinking issues in the book (Supes sees him as regular sized, then he's small enough to get taken apart by crows). As far as other winged heroes go, I think Golden Eagle is more armored in appearance than traditional feather wings. Maybe it's someone like Silver Swan, Northwind, that new Hawk & Dove that debuted years ago when Hank and Dawn were "dead," Owlwoman, the Shining Knight's horse, or even Zauriel.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    spoilers:
    I think that's Blue Jay on the cover. The wings are interesting, though it could be attributed to Jay's shrinking issues in the book (Supes sees him as regular sized, then he's small enough to get taken apart by crows). As far as other winged heroes go, I think Golden Eagle is more armored in appearance than traditional feather wings. Maybe it's someone like Silver Swan, Northwind, that new Hawk & Dove that debuted years ago when Hank and Dawn were "dead," Owlwoman, the Shining Knight's horse, or even Zauriel.
    end of spoilers
    I think your right about it being Blue Jay
    spoilers:
    Possibly it's the old Titan ally Azrael
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I think your right about it being Blue Jay
    spoilers:
    Possibly it's the old Titan ally Azrael
    end of spoilers
    Ooh, that's another good possibility. And definitely someone I wouldn't mind getting taken out, too.

BANNED

Eh, the storyline is flat, as far as I can tell. I'm not a fan of Harley or Booster and the motivations for Supes, Batman and Ww seem to me ot be off and not easy believable.

Eh.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Meh, the complaint seem pointless to me mainly for Roy, Wally and I guess Ivy fans if she dies. They're going to come back faster than you can blink. As for Hotspot that's it for him. Dude was gone before and during this reboot just to come back now just to get killed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If an illusion or mind control was involved, all of the heroes might have killed each other thinking they were enemies. Harley and Booster seem to be under the impression that the other one did it.That being said I feel like time travel or Speedforce shenanigans are going to come into play later on in the story.
    Lets hope not. I am sick of that.

Astonishing Member

IGN has some weird tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Meh, the complaint seem pointless to me mainly for Roy, Wally and I guess Ivy fans if she dies. They're going to come back faster than you can blink. As for Hotspot that's it for him. Dude was gone before and during this reboot just to come back now just to get killed.
    Hot Spot made a recent appearance in Sideways.

Invincible Member

Just finished reading it. It's not bad. The art is great. The biggest drawback I felt was the overly earnest tone. I mean, yeah several people got murdered so I wasn't expecting a laff riot. But on the other hand Booster was created to be a tonge in cheek character, Harley came from a children's cartoon, Blue Jay started out as a spoof of Hank Pym, etc yet the whole thing has this atmosphere of "superhero are very serious people who do a very serious job so take this comic very very seriously".

I'm still going to give it a chance though

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Actually Didio told King to use Harley.
    Any source for this? otherwise I'm going to have trouble believing that, it kind of goes against everything Didio stands for.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This went as well as it could based on the ill-conceived premise.

... No wait, I'm lying. This went actually much, MUCH worse.

I knew that there were going to be literal character assassinations but at least I was expecting some satisfying send-offs for a few of them. Yes, most of them are just obscure heroes and King tries, and the key word is "tries", to give them focus to depict their personalities but it happens in a single page for each one and showcases some of the worst examples of King's dialogue that I've seen to the point that I just can't take them seriously at all, it almost reads like a parody of profound writing.

And of course, famous characters like Wally West and Roy Harper get immediately killed which makes me suspect about if this will be permanent since it seems like such a dumb decision but still, there's always that terrible fear in the back of my head that DC could decide to stick with it and if so, well, it will automatically make this one of the worst series in years for me. I could even accept an appropriate death but not an off-panel murder just to create shock value or whatever the hell this was.

Not to mention that the plot barely progressed which makes things even more frustrating. Identity Crisis has its haters but at least that story had a pretty emotional punch to its initial death and started a more engaging mystery with much more content (and faaaaar better dialogue). No, this is more like, and I didn't want to believe it at the beginning, but this is more like Cry for Justice level of quality, cringey lines and everything.

Mann's art was good. Aside from that, boy, we're in for a ride people.
    I definitely get the comparison to Cry for Justice... although, I kinda had fun with how ridiculous it was. This seems a little dour. The thing with such an intelligent writer telling a rather long event story is that we could have 7 issues that don't inspire much and then 2 issues to validate the whole thing, or an event where you feel you should have gotten off at a previous stop.

For all the shock of the other parts, Harley and Booster... eh. There are a lot of readers and creators who aren't really interested in fight scenes, but in the case of writers it kinda shows. There's a sense of obligation to it and the physical manifestation of their conflict is a butter knife beatdown? Weird choice for the characters. But it did have Clay Mann to draw it...

Is there something in Roy's hand?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El