Page 83 of 215 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3211

Lol after that line from Clark I’m pretty sure King hates Harley Quinn there’s no easier way to generate hate. I’m a big fan of the character and even I was thought maybe Clark was suffering from Krytonite induced madness.

Edit: didn’t read all the comments lol I guess I was right about the hate.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Nicely done is "arguable" to you. Not to me. She stole Diana's lasso, while she was being comforted. Evaded Batman, taking him hostage as he made him come clean about the kryptonite and even confessing which pouch it was in. So yeah.....don't really see a problem.
    Except Harley should not be able to do all that. Look, the Trinity is looking for the murderer of a dozen superheroes (among them some pretty big), there is no way:

Harley would have been able to casually approach WW, take her lasso, put enough distance to,

Evade Batman, use the lasso to choke him, know how to use the lasso, and

Put enough pressure on Batman's neck to break it before Superman blasted her halfway around the world.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yes you are the only one. Everyone else is wrong and hateful. Shame on you guys!

Unless you think as fast as the Flash, Superman or Wonder Woman should have been able to punch her across the city in a couple seconds flat.
    But was Diana trying to hurt anyone? No. In that split moment she was vulnerable. Her guard was down. And in that case, Harley saw an opportunity and took it. Seriously. Are we really going to argue this?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Batman trained almost all his life to become among the best fighters of the world. Harley is a clown that was in an abusive relationship. The latter is not a good reason for being a better fighter than the former.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Batman trained almost all his life to become among the best fighters of the world. Harley is a clown that was in an abusive relationship. The latter is not a good reason for being a better fighter than the former.
    You can be one of the best fighters in the world and still get your ass handed to you.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Nicely done is "arguable" to you. Not to me. She stole Diana's lasso, while she was being comforted. Evaded Batman, taking him hostage as he made him come clean about the kryptonite and even confessing which pouch it was in. So yeah.....don't really see a problem.
    You don't see it, I do.

Always Rakzo

Things are not exactly getting better.

We have more exploration of Sanctuary and its actual nature but at the same time, I think it would have been better if this info was actually delivered in the opening chapter because that was terrible for newcomers. The Trinity get a few interesting moments concerning the theme of the story but at the same time, their characterization is better than the ones from the people who actually died which just rubs me the wrong way. Finally, this issue offers more content as a whole but at the same time, the investigation is immensely dull, doesn't offer enough interesting clues about where this is going and the only thing is hinted at is, you guessed it, more deaths and that's the last thing this book needs at this point.

Worse of all is the characterization from some of the key players. Booster acts as useless as expected from King, being completely clueless about what to do next despite that it should be really logical for normal human beings. Harley doesn't fare much better since she somehow is even more delusional than in her own title and considering how ridiculous the tone of her own stories are, this just contrasts pretty poorly to the overly-serious tone of the book. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that they just hurt the investigation instead of helping.

Good art at least. Do I think this was as bad as the first issue? No, but is still immensely dull at best and just insulting at worst.

But was Diana trying to hurt anyone? No. In that split moment she was vulnerable. Her guard was down. And in that case, Harley saw an opportunity and took it. Seriously. Are we really going to argue this?
    It seems like a point of contention for everyone else here so why not?

I'm not against Harley beating/escaping the Trinity so easily if it was handled better. She just does a surprise attack and somehow gets lucky enough to get out. If she had set some sort of trap that delayed Superman and Wonder Woman I think it would've played better. Then have her disappear into a sewer tunnel that is lined with lead. Gotham seems like the place that would have garbage sewers like that. Then you have a reason for Wonder Woman to be out of the fight momentarily, so Harley can get a hold of Batman and hit Superman with the little green space rock. Her actual escape is just dive out of the wall where Wondy could easily fly out and grab her but she somehow gets away.

Then add the line from Superman that she is as good as Bruce. The guy who spent most of his life training to be the best at everything. Bruce shouldn't have gone through all that, all it took was hanging out with the Joker and you are just as good.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

You're right it doesn't make sense. Yet you people never question it. Harley lused quick thinking in this scenario. She's unpredictable, cunning. And what happened LITERALLY reflected that. Am I the only that's actually reading this story and not hate-reading?
    Yes, you are the only one reading this story properly. Just you and anyone that reads things differently is in the wrong. In our angry stupor we must have forgotten how amazingly capable Harley is and not like the Trinity should have been on their guard or anything given the situation. Harley is just too cunning.

What a joke. There are endless threads of people on the internet complaining about Batgod and how people dislike that aspect of his character. Him beating characters he shouldn't even stand a chance with. Just because writers use it doesn't excuse other writers using it for even less capable characters in Harley. Her besting the Trinity here was bad just like it was bad she wasn't phased when she saw Johnny Sorrow's face and excusing it as her being crazy then having her beat him up. It's all bad and poorly written.

Swiss army nerd

Now, I haven't read a page of Heroes In Crisis, but the very notion of Harley Quinn managing to evade even one member of the Trinity, save maybe an off day Batman, never mind all three of them, is utterly, utterly ridiculous.

Superman and Wonder Woman do mach 10 pretty casually. Like, that's out or a relaxed stroll. Superman may not be a Flash but he's near as damn. That means he's able to move and think about 100,000 faster than the neurons in Harley's brain can fire to tell her body to move. Unlesshe and Diana were severely impaired before laying eyes on her, any notion of her escaping them is sheer plot induced stupidity, as they say on the Rumbles boards. Ignoring characters and their normal presentation for the sake of advancing the plot.

For the record Harley Quinn has a 7-3 record against Batman in all their fights over the years
    Now we see her take out Batman and dupe WW and Supes(she's done this many times enhanced or non enhanced Harley is unpredictable) and it's bad writing because most have their hate blinders on.

Pretty sad

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    For the record Harley Quinn has a 7-3 record against Batman in all their fights over the years
    Now we see her take out Batman and dupe WW and Supes(she's done this many times) and it's bad writing because most have their hate blinders on.

Pretty sad
    Where is this 7-3 record coming from? The pre or post flashpoint?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Now we see her take out Batman and dupe WW and Supes(she's done this many times enhanced or non enhanced Harley is unpredictable) and it's bad writing because most have their hate blinders on.

Pretty sad
    Say it again for the slow kids in the back please. Certain battles I can find believable. By the way this was done, this was one of them. There are countless ways to outsmart and be outsmarted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Where is this 7-3 record coming from? The pre or post flashpoint?
    Her comics are nothing more than joke books, I'm amazed someone is keeping a count of "victories" in Harley Quinn stories. If HIC was a similar story then I would have treated it the same but King is writing a pretentious drama about mental health that wants to win Eisner Awards and make national news.

While I like King's writing he has one flaw present in his every work: he does not care at all about "power levels" of the characters. And it is not a big problem in stuff like Omega Men or Vision because action is not that important there. But when it comes to more mainstream stuff like Batman or HiC that requires X amount of action in every issue then it can get ridiculous and start detracting from overall story.