Page 97 of 215 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3211

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Almost ten years here, and I haven't seen Tako being wrong.
    Well he's not wrong here that's for sure. The sky is also blue.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Ugh.
    I really enjoyed King's Omega Men.
    I didn't like his Sheriff of Babylon (I dropped it halfway through) and I HATED his take on Booster.
    I've given HiC a go and I'm STILL completely unimpressed.
    I've given him a fair go and I find his characterisation of certain characters is just COMPLETELY out of whack.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

So far, I find the premise more interesting than the issues we got. I suspect it will read better as trade. It's too early to judge this event, but i'm not blown away by the opening.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Waiting for the king fans to come in and tell u how u 'must' be wrong,and how it is the best written story ever
    It's funny, I adore Mister MIracle. And this...clearly ain't that.

Waiting for the king fans to come in and tell u how u 'must' be wrong,and how it is the best written story ever
    This is such a childish comment. People have the right to like King's work as much as you have the right not to like it. AFAIC I love most of what I've read from him, but not everything, and so far, I'm not blown awway by HIC, even though I like the premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    This is such a childish comment. People have the right to like King's work as much as you have the right not to like it. AFAIC I love most of what I've read from him, but not everything, and so far, I'm not blown awway by HIC, even though I like the premise.

It really isnt. Many MANY people have called out Kings terrible Batman run (dipped below the 100,000 which is the 'your off the book' number according to Snyder) with logical explanations of the bad dialogue, dragging plot and ridiculous arcs. The only response tends to be 'Hes deep', 'He's a genius' and 'Its realistic'.

Batmans mental health as displayed by Tom King isn't realistic . At all. Neither is this story. Its a massive waste of a neat concept (sanctuary) on a boring murder mystery thats being used by editorial to kill characters they dont like because their immature

Kon93

Characters done wrong is characters done wrong,simple as that.

If this reads better as a trade then maybe they should just wait to release it as a trade,and not put it out monthly so it feels like nothing his happening or nothing matters or you feel nothing when it does.

Here is my positive thougt about this- I hope the story picks up and gets to something soon,and characters stay in actual character.

I'm still getting this,so I haven't given up

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    It really isnt. Many MANY people have called out Kings terrible Batman run (dipped below the 100,000 which is the 'your off the book' number according to Snyder) with logical explanations of the bad dialogue, dragging plot and ridiculous arcs. The only response tends to be 'Hes deep', 'He's a genius' and 'Its realistic'.

Batmans mental health as displayed by Tom King isn't realistic . At all. Neither is this story. Its a massive waste of a neat concept (sanctuary) on a boring murder mystery thats being used by editorial to kill characters they dont like because their immature
    Characters done wrong is characters done wrong,simple as that.

If this reads better as a trade then maybe they should just wait to release it as a trade,and not put it out monthly so it feels like nothing his happening or nothing matters or you feel nothing when it does.

Here is my positive thougt about this- I hope the story picks up and gets to something soon,and characters stay in actual character.

I'm still getting this,so I haven't given up
    You're speaking of characters who are decades old, who have a multitude of different characterizations and you're claiming your opinion is a fact. it's not. I won't speak for others, but I love his Batman run (save for the Kgbeast issues) because it's different from what we usually get, it has its own distinctive voice, it's daring in its themes and the way it tells its story.

and Jetengine, you probably didn't read a lot of posts, because more often than not, on this board, people who enjoy King's work are able to articulate the whys in a not condescending manner, unlike what you're doing here.

You're speaking of characters who are decades old, who have a multitude of different characterizations and you're claiming your opinion is a fact. it's not. I won't speak for others, but I love his Batman run (save for the Kgbeast issues) because it's different from what we usually get, it has its own distinctive voice, it's daring in its themes and the way it tells its story.

and Jetengine, you probably didn't read a lot of posts, because more often than not, on this board, people who enjoy King's work are able to articulate the whys in a not condescending manner, unlike what you're doing here.
    Yes because telling facts is 'condescension'. Batmans dropped below 100,000. Thats not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Yes because telling facts is 'condescension'. Batmans dropped below 100,000. Thats not correct.
    Batman is selling twice a month. That is correct.

Not to mention that sales are not a direct reflection of quality.

The "facts don't care about you feelings" mentality is misguided because facts may be used to misconstrue an argument without providing the bigger picture.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 11-27-2018 at 06:26 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    dang so much for Harley being the killer
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    dang so much for Harley being the killer
    I never expected her or Booster to be the killer. For this type of murder mystery, it's always someone other than the main suspects. If they presented another suspect or two from the beginning, that's enough variety that I could believe one of them is the killer, but two is too small a number to build intrigue like that.

Is it just me or is Sanctuary coming off even more creepy here?

Okay, it seems like they can exit the simulations at will, that's better than what some of the solicitations made it sound like.