Page 214 of 215 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215 LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3211
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't worry for him.
    The type of backlash people like King or Bendis get counts nothing in the real world and it's just a minority in comparison to a large majority of readers who simply don't want to express their opinion on the web in such an explicit way. A vocal minority, but a minority nonetheless.
    This backlash is way more toxic for forums or fan sites rather than for writers or their career.
    True... on the boards some people repeatedly post that King is terrible, awful, a mess as a writer and a person, can't write. In real life he's out winning and being nominated for Eisners, trusted with the most valuable IP DC owns, selling tons of books and getting paid well to do what he loves. There's almost always a pretty big disconnect between reality and message boards but this might be one of the biggest I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    True... on the boards some people repeatedly post that King is terrible, awful, a mess as a writer and a person, can't write. In real life he's out winning and being nominated for Eisners, trusted with the most valuable IP DC owns, selling tons of books and getting paid well to do what he loves. There's almost always a pretty big disconnect between reality and message boards but this might be one of the biggest I've ever seen.
    I think even the best writers have projects where there A-game doesn't come across as well or where they're approach ultimately didn't work.

I think HiC was that for King. And it really displayed some of his limitations and issues as a writer.

LMAOOOOOOOO

8F156792-38DE-4985-800B-A0F46C88F4E4.jpg

DC has no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    LMAOOOOOOOO

DC has no shame.
    "Critically acclaimed" Maybe from shill comic fake media sites but most fans have given the book overwhelming negative view of it.

Extraordinary Member

Just because I love being that guy, if I was also the kind of guy who double dips I'd be picking this up.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

LMAOOOOOOOO

DC has no shame.
    I ultimately hated HiC but, what, do you not expect DC to try and promote their product?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    "Critically acclaimed" Maybe from shill comic fake media sites but most fans have given the book overwhelming negative view of it.
    So anyone who likes it is a shill and it sold huge numbers because everyone hated it? Get out of here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    So anyone who likes it is a shill and it sold huge numbers because everyone hated it? Get out of here.
    Or it got a over stocked by a lot of stores that tend to do that with certain books. So while it might have been high on order lists does not mean it should like hot cakes everywhere.

Just to be fair.

LMAOOOOOOOO

DC has no shame.
    I get they need to still hype and promote this stuff (and it still sold well enough for what it is), but still...

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Just because I love being that guy, if I was also the kind of guy who double dips I'd be picking this up.
    I bought the issues digitally, and will happily pick this up in physical form! I also find the quotes to be accurate, but I'm just a shill lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Even the majority of professional reviewers hated it by the end. https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...roes-in-crisis
    It's not critically acclaimed at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    Even the majority of professional reviewers hated it by the end. https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...roes-in-crisis
    It's not critically acclaimed at all.
    Did you look at the spread on issue #9? It is not like everyone kind of all settled on a 6 or so, like 7 critics gave it a 9 or higher (even 10s) and 4 gave it a 2.5 or lower. Like... does that give you any reason to even care what 'critically acclaimed' means? lol

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I was talk about some sight that obviously put fake reviews for books. Not people here.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Did you look at the spread on issue #9? It is not like everyone kind of all settled on a 6 or so, like 7 critics gave it a 9 or higher (even 10s) and 4 gave it a 2.5 or lower. Like... does that give you any reason to even care what 'critically acclaimed' means? lol
    When you add up all the scores the results are super mixed and divisive. Especially compared to other big events like this. I don't what your definition of critically acclaimed is but this isn't it. This was a deeply controversial book, it was not wide spread acclaim across the board by any means.

I wish it was mythological, as in just a dream or fake story. It would have worked for me if, in the end, the panel zooms out on Batman putting down the "Heroes in Crisis" book he was reading and then he says "well, that sucked."
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.