Page 138 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3211

Since when does Garth drink? He came up from Atlantis to go sulk at the Teen Titans hangout town and he got that drunk off of 5 shots? Atlantans are apparently weak to cheap booze.

The whole meta Donna thing, it feels like King saying it would be better if Donna didn't exist. Which is nice to read when a bunch of the original Titans are dead, drunk, or a crazy homeless man.

Where is this Babs resentment\being looked down on coming from?

It would've been pretty cool to see the actual detective clue finding part with Bruce and Barry. Maybe see why one thought one thing and not the other. This story feels like I'm watching a movie that's being fast forwarded randomly. I catch bits and pieces then it's a different scene that feels like it's important but there was no real build up or cause that we see. Also not feeling any sense of urgency or care about this mystery, it's just everyone standing around talking about things.

At least that splash page of Lois was nice to look at.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Eh, it's not like it's a G-rated book so I don't find the objectifying aspect to be that problematic, unless it comes off as trying too hard like with the Poison Ivy cover. With being said, Mann does seem to have the tendency to draw female characters that way, at least judging by his previous Batman work.

Shame the writing is so bad, because I honestly thought this could turn out to be a good story back when it was first announced.
    Normally I'd myself have absouletly no problem with fanservice like this be it for male or female characters. However given the subject matter of mass murder and truama it comes off as rather tone deaf. In a more light hearted story I think it would be fine but here it feels really tonally off to me.
    Last edited by Batknight; 01-02-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Always Rakzo

I'm going to say this: At least Justice League Odyssey this week portrayed the Titans well.

(Also, Superman is now an idiot).

The Harley Quinn part of this story really makes no sense to me. She shouldn't have been in Sanctuary in the first place, and the way the Trinity before and Batgirl treated her here just feels confusing. Treating a criminal who has willingly done horrible things like a lost child is baffling.

All-New Member

Just let me point out a small detail to the people supporting the brilliance of the book. Tom King writes a whole page filled with "Look how smart I am" Kierkegaard "influenced" panels about Troy not existing.
    Only Troy exists. And millions of people visit Troy every year.
    And it's not just this.
    It's written in a very snubby way trying to prove it's smart. But it's not. It has so many plot holes that the entire city of Troy (that according to King and the book editors doesn't exist) falls into one of it.

Troy.-Turkey-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    Normally I'd myself have absouletly no problem with fanservice like this be it for male or female characters. However given the subject matter of mass murder and truama it comes off as rather tone deaf. In a more light hearted story I think it would be fine but here it feels really tonally off to me.
    Agree! Mann's art is beautiful, but his over sexualized depiction of women isn't helping this weak story and #4 made it pretty clear.
    It is impressive how little dialoge this issue had, the characters still felt so off, the trinity still looks like morons, the story barely moved forward, but we got a whole page of Lois in underwear...

This Black Canary page is a great summary of how I feel about this series:
    ltu9dpqskz721.jpg

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Blu Beetle Ted Kord? Out from nowhere?
    Where has been since N52?
    The last time I've heard of him was at the end of Forever Evil and he wasn't Beetle at all.

Reading this series is a torture for me, I can't suffer Harley even more than usual and I'm really starting to detest the Trinity.
    If only many of my favourites characters weren't involved I'd drop it immediately.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 01-02-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Blu Beetle Ted Kord? Out from nowhere?
    Where has been since N52?
    The last time I've heard of him was at the end of Forever Evil and he wasn't Beetle at all.
    He was in the Rebirth Blue Beetle book.

IMO, the Troy page wasn't about whether or not Donna should exist, but about the origin not mattering. It doesn't matter if the mythical Troy existed (As in, as it was in the Aenid. Historical Troy has been discovered, but that doens't mean it was anything like Homer depicted.) It doesn't matter where Donna came from. She's here and most characters can be enjoyed without their origin being spelled out every time they appear.
    Last edited by Jody Garland; 01-02-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    He was in the Rebirth Blue Beetle book.

IMO, the Troy page wasn't about whether or not Donna should exist, but about the origin not mattering. It doesn't matter if the mythical Troy existed (As in, as it was in the Aenid. Historical Troy has been discovered, but that doens't mean it was anything like Homer depicted.) It doesn't matter where Donna came from. She's here and most characters can be enjoyed without their origin being spelled out every time they appear.
    Thanks, anyway in this serie there's some problem with continuity and what is or not is in canon. Probably it's done on purpouse.

Finally someone acknowledges Harley's mental health issues.
    I thought we'd just have the "lol she's the fun kind of insane" forever.

Astonishing Member

Black Canary is the smartest person in the event so far.

Really love Clay Mann's work, but I've never seen his art look so fanservice-y since Gambit and that was completely part of the series' intention. It's not only the art that seems weirdly out of touch though, with King inserting jokes and characters quipping between the scenes of mass murder.

Damn it, it's really is Doomsday Clock 2.0... Incredible art, but nothing in term of coherent or interesting story...

I can't wait for both to be over, but HoC more so than DC.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Damn it, it's really is Doomsday Clock 2.0... Incredible art, but nothing in term of coherent or interesting story...

I can't wait for both to be over, but HoC more so than DC.
    Not even in its happiest dreams Heroes in Crisis is Doomsday Clock.

HoC actually has a story over DC.

Of course, it's a terrible story, which makes it worst than Clock.

But both are as empty as an event can get.