Page 45 of 215 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see people declaring that murder mysteries should be banned from comics, but people being tired of killing off characters for shock-value.

spoilers:
    And Steel could've totally been used in the JSA again, since he was on Johns' roster later during his run. Ditto with Lagoon Boy as a member of the Aqua-Family.
    end of spoilers
    If the premise is a murder mystery, people shouldn't be shocked that characters die going into this. How is killing characters in such a story shock value? Characters dying is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Does the Technis Imperative count?
    It should but doesn't.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If the premise is a murder mystery, people shouldn't be shocked that characters die going into this. How is killing characters in such a story shock value? Characters dying is a given.
    I mean, this was promoted as a story about mental health and trauma but now it's a murder mystery apparently.

It's not necessarily a surprise that characters are going to be dying, but the way it's come about is pretty much on par with the kind of shock value death prevalent in comic events.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    As probably the nuttiest Wally West there is on this continent, I'm gutted say I agree with you.
    There is absolutely no coming back for the character if they take him down this route and I'm not interested in reading a repentant murderer Wally serving penance with the Suicide Squad (which I currently find pretty bloody awful).
    As a fanatic Wally West fan who also fell for Hank Pym (based on Earth's Mightiest Heroes-animated TV) before she knew all the [stupid] facts? I also agree that 'better dead than caught red-handed'.

Also, isn't Didio the writer or one of the main people behind this? Death of favorite characters not his own is kind of a safe bet. The man is a greater menace to legacy characters than Darkseid. hahahaha*whimpers*
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

LoL, that happened to me with Pym too. Except for me it started from United They Stand. And they have tortured me ever since.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-21-2018 at 10:32 PM.

I mean, this was promoted as a story about mental health and trauma but now it's a murder mystery apparently.
    And not just a murder, a full on massacre of mental trauma victims.

Anyway, aren't they releasing a preview for this? I was so looking forward to this thinking Bella Ivy will play a prominent role, but since the actual premise was revealed, dreading what it meant for her. Just a few days now to know about her fate for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    And not just a murder, a full on massacre of mental trauma victims.
    I'm pretty sure we learned about the murder mystery premise not long after the initial announcement. This certainly isn't recent news.

And we haven't read the issues so we don't know how it plays out to be dismissed as just shock value death. How does a murder play out to avoid being "shocking"? Hell, despite the cliche Women in Refrigerators thing it had going for it, the initial premise of Sue Dibny being murdered and the shocking reveal of it wasn't all that bad on it's own. It was a whole slew of other things that went along with it that were terrible, chiefly the unnecessary use of the rape trope, throwing Jean Loring under the bus, casting a pall over the Satellite era and the mystery not being well thought out. And Sue was a much bigger deal than the named victims so far aside from the big one.

Anyway, aren't they releasing a preview for this? I was so looking forward to this thinking Bella Ivy will play a prominent role, but since the actual premise was revealed, dreading what it meant for her. Just a few days now to know about her fate for sure.
    Ivy is far more valuable than the characters killed so far, even the big one. I think it's a given that she will at least survive the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    As a fanatic Wally West fan who also fell for Hank Pym (based on Earth's Mightiest Heroes-animated TV) before she knew all the [stupid] facts? I also agree that 'better dead than caught red-handed'.

Also, isn't Didio the writer or one of the main people behind this? Death of favorite characters not his own is kind of a safe bet. The man is a greater menace to legacy characters than Darkseid. hahahaha*whimpers*
    This! The current DC leadership and especially Didio are beyond awful. They lack imagination, talent, leadership, and are so out of touch with their fan base. Every idea and book Didio touches he destroys! If I was a writer I would be terrified to pitch him an idea and see how he could pervert it.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Ivy is far more valuable than the characters killed so far, even the big one. I think it's a given that she will at least survive the story.
    Conversely, they could've managed to keep confirmation of her death under wraps as she may be the biggest name among the victims. There are signs pointing to that as King saying Harley was spending time in Sanctuary for Ivy, but Ivy hasn't been in any of the preview images or any of the covers save the initial one. And there was a planned Harley and Ivy one-shot prelude set in Sanctuary and claiming that "a dark and mysterious force was after the duo", but then we heard nothing about the book before it made it to solicitations.

I would be glad to be wrong, but some of the preview images with a crushed Harley Quinn aren't giving me much confidence.

Even if Ivy dies it won’t be long before she comes back. Probably in a big way.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-22-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Conversely, they could've managed to keep confirmation of her death under wraps as she may be the biggest name among the victims. There are signs pointing to that as King saying Harley was spending time in Sanctuary for Ivy, but Ivy hasn't been in any of the preview images or any of the covers save the initial one. And there was a planned Harley and Ivy one-shot prelude set in Sanctuary and claiming that "a dark and mysterious force was after the duo", but then we heard nothing about the book before it made it to solicitations.

I would be glad to be wrong, but some of the preview images with a crushed Harley Quinn aren't giving me much confidence.
    As popular as Ivy is, Harley is on a whole other level, so it's not surprising that Harley is getting the lion's share of the focus. Maybe Ivy will be seriously injured/threatened/be kidnapped, but otherwise recover by story's end?

Like Godlike said, even if they kill her we know it won't stick. So depending on how it plays out, I don't think it will be upsetting for everyone. They killed her before, how long did that last?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Even if Ivy dies it won’t be long before she comes back. Probably in a big way.
    There's a theory going around that, if Ivy dies, she'll become the new protector of the Green, since Swamp Thing is quitting his position in JLD. And a human needs to die first to come back as part of the Green.

BANNED

Another major death revealed

spoilers:
    Wally West
    end of spoilers

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...firmed-really/
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-22-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Some new victims have been announced:

spoilers:
    Apparently Blue Jay, Lagoon Boy, Citizen Steel, and someone with a GL symbol (though who it is is unknown) join Arsenal and Hotshot in getting killed in the massacre.
    end of spoilers

From Comics Beat, reporting from a retailer preview (first 17 pages of the book).
    spoilers:
    So a JLI member, a Titan, and JSA member, and a green lantern. Anyone else get DC crossover cannon fodder bingo yet?
    end of spoilers

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Wonder how many issues in they’ll reveal the dead ain’t really dead, and were really replaced by clones, robots, shape shifting aliens, etc at some point.