Page 52 of 215 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

I’m Pretty Sure that Wally is the key to this.... you dont just kill someone that High Profile without any promotion, there’s gotta be a reason

Mighty Member

It was a good setup issue, in MY opinion. The art was beautiful. I loved the intermissions throughout the issue. I also liked the fact that it dropped me right in the middle of it. It could have been a tad bit longer. But walking away with more questions than answers with a story like this in the first issue doesn't bother me. It just means that I have something to look forward to. I don't care to have everything spoon fed to me all at once. Let it marinate. I'm definitely on board. I think the only thing that will bother me about this story is the reactions from the Wally West fan base. They tend to fight really hard, sometimes it can be admiring and most of the time it can be downright annoying (borderline scary) So hopefully they just bring him back. Please.
    Last edited by Raijin; 09-26-2018 at 02:48 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It was teased in both his batman run and williamson's flash run. Think references may have also been said in other books.
    Including, notably, Green Arrow and Red Hood.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

This was so... unnecessary. This series is supposed to be about heroes dealing with PTSD, but with so many nonsensical deaths, it's like they're aiming to make fans even more pissed at these mindless events.
    The art was good, but this really seems like a new Cry for Justice, even if some of the deaths are not permanent.

BANNED

I'm just glad kyle didn't die

Ignoring the deaths, my main issue with the first issue (heh) is how Harley can land so many hits on Booster. His force field should stop a butter knife or whatever.

Also nice meta-text about not being able to remember Hot Spot.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This was so... unnecessary. This series is supposed to be about heroes dealing with PTSD, but with so many nonsensical deaths, it's like they're aiming to make fans even more pissed at these mindless events.
    The art was good, but this really seems like a new Cry for Justice, even if some of the deaths are not permanent.
    Fans are gonna be pissed at everything regardless and that won't change.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    We already knew he wouldn't due to Titans solicits. In fact, he didn't even appear.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Being pitched an exploration into PTSD and the effects of being a hero but getting a murder mystery with a big body count is reason enough for having some kind of negative reaction. If I want that I'll go read Identity Crisis.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Being pitched an exploration into PTSD and the effects of being a hero but getting a murder mystery with a big body count is reason enough for having some kind of negative reaction. If I want that I'll go read Identity Crisis.
    The first issue literally just dropped. You don't even have a clue on how they are going to do PTSD. It's possible to tackle a ptsd and murder mystery in one setting.
    Last edited by Raijin; 09-26-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post

What makes you so sure deaths are completed at the Sanctuary?
    Having Kyle on Titans in December still doesen't confirm anything, HIC last 9 months.
    I'm still worried and will be till the end.

The first issue literally just dropped. You don't even have a clue on how they are going to do PTSD. It's possible to tackle a ptsd and murder mystery in one setting. No one knows anything and I wish fans would just stop these assumptions.
    I'm assuming the body count? I'm assuming that both types of stories can't be done? All I did was compare the initial pitch/ads vs what the first issue is.

Everyone who would be explored at Sanctuary is dead, otherwise if it's supposed to explore people like the Trinity and other Leaguers why did Sanctuary need to be there? Why kill those at Sanctuary? If they need trauma to focus on they could use the files and events used on the variant covers instead of creating a scenario where more heroes die just to come back later.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm assuming the body count? I'm assuming that both types of stories can't be done? All I did was compare the initial pitch/ads vs what the first issue is.

Everyone who would be explored at Sanctuary is dead, otherwise if it's supposed to explore people like the Trinity and other Leaguers why did Sanctuary need to be there? Why kill those at Sanctuary? If they need trauma to focus on they could use the files and events used on the variant covers instead of creating a scenario where more heroes die just to come back later.
    Missing the point....again. Tell me, do you know where this story is going to lead into? Do you know who did what and why? Do you specifically know what's going to happen in the next issue? Like I said before. WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! The point is for us to actually keep reading to know where things are going to go next.

The first issue literally just dropped. You don't even have a clue on how they are going to do PTSD. It's possible to tackle a ptsd and murder mystery in one setting.
    That being the case...

Maybe, it's a little early to have the signature.

Missing the point....again. Tell me, do you know where this story is going to lead? Do you know who did what and why? Do you specifically know what's going to happen in the next issue? Like I said before. WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! The point is for us to actually keep reading to know where things are going to go next.
    I'm taking this issue as is. I can't know where the story is going, I can only take what has been told and given to the audience. In this particular issue we got to see a few heroes give testimonials then bite the bullet. That character work that is being set up is automatically undone with their deaths. So far all these deaths are going to be the driving force of this story not whatever DC was pushing in the ads months ago.