Page 48 of 215 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I dunno, I'm not a regular reader of The Flash, but I was under the impression those characters had come up a lot in the run during Rebirth. Don't get me wrong I don't think its likely. But I don't think its so far out of the realm of imagination that its stupid to even think of it.
    jay appeared in the button story, the rest didn't make an kind of appearance until the annual or flash war. they've really not come up that much during rebirth. wally's only appeared in like 8 of the 50+ issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I posted this thought in the Superman thread (a thread is there for his role in HiC and it kinda went thread drift, lol), but on the consideration that these particular two deaths are true, how would you guys feel if
    spoilers:
    By the end of the story both Wally and Roy are saved via time travel. And the time travelers are Iris and Jai West. They save their dad and Roy, and then reveal that prior to this, they had gone back in time and saved someone else; and they reveal they have Lian Harper with them.
    end of spoilers
    Would this earn back your good will? Would it make the journey and the initial anger worth it? Just curious what those most invested in this might think.
    To what end?

Oh boy only 2 days until we find out for sure which character's fans are going to be mad that they're dead. I haven't missed the anger and frustration caused by big event comics that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To what end?
    Just to bring back said characters and restore that part of the continuity. They're going to get to a complete pre-FP status quo (outside of some additions, but probably very little exclusions) pretty soon, as they're pretty close to being there already. To me its just a matter of time before they come back at some point or another.

But again I think its a thin theory that it will happen here. I was just trying to gauge what the reaction would be in such a hypothetical.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I’m not for bringing characters back simply just to bring them back. If someone has a story, and sees a future with so and so, then by all means have at it. But bringing characters back just to bring them back doesn’t help anything. Take Wally’s kids for example. Bringing them back just to be back could actually limit future ideas when it comes to Wally.

Spectacular Member

I’m not for bringing characters back simply just to bring them back. If someone has a story, and sees a future with so and so, then by all means have at it. But bringing characters back just to bring them back doesn’t help anything. Take Wally’s kids for example. Bringing them back just to be back could actually limit future ideas when it comes to Wally.
    killing him off is also quite limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's always weird when Harley uses "Puddin'" and she's not referring to Joker. Actually that whole sequence is a weird train of thought for her, even by Harley standards .

Doe she hate pudding because Joker ruined it for her?

This 100%.

I want my favorite characters back but with their personal history and characterizations so they can continue their story. Bringing them back just to bring them back without these things makes them completely different. Slapping them into a new universe and acting like that fixes everything is misguided.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

King is being very facetious with Harley here
    She is definitely about to break down in that talking head page
    she hates pudding but its also ironic that its her standard term of endearment to anyone. I don't even know how to begin to make sense of what that means

Incredible Member

Are harley and booster being used like marvel used speedball and the warriors in civil war?????

I sure hope not.......

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    Are harley and booster being used like marvel used speedball and the warriors in civil war?????

I sure hope not.......
    neither character is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    neither character is dying.
    Speedball didn't die. He became Penace.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Oh boy only 2 days until we find out for sure which character's fans are going to be mad that they're dead. I haven't missed the anger and frustration caused by big event comics that's for sure.
    You and me both. I think it would be wise for me to stay off the forum for a few days after the first issue comes out. I don't need negative comments souring my experience.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    You and me both. I think it would be wise for me to stay off the forum for a few days after the first issue comes out. I don't need negative comments souring my experience.
    Takes you a couple days to read an issue?