Page 195 of 215 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3211
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is Harley going to still be on the team with Wally - the guy who framed her?? How would that work? Maybe she's the one who suggests he join? (she might forgive him since he brought Ivy back) I guess maybe that's how they'll get people to pick it up - to see how that plays out. Personally, I think I'd like it if Harley gets Wally to join the Squad as part of her plan to murder him.
    Is Harley even going to remain on the Suicide Squad? DC seems more interested in pushing her as an anti-hero,so she might just keep her solo book and cameo in Batman or something. I'm not even sure what the current SS roster is or if they have a book right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    They clearly don't want Wally as main Flash or really as a Flash. And people that like Wally wouldn't want him to remain, even if not as the Flash? If this new Suicide Squad is being written by acclaimed writer Azzarelo and the movie directed by acclaimed director James Gunn, I predict a rise in the popularity that can only be good for Wally if he's an important character in the book.
    Wally is not going to be in the movie, Azzarello is a terrible writer for Wally (who has just as much if not more negative infamy as he does acclaim), and being in suicide squad benefits suicide squad, not Wally.

DC has yet to announce a relaunch for suicide squad
    Its probably coming but I sincerely doubt Wally is going to be a central character. Any team with him and Harley on the roster is gonna be an instant mess as I'm sure she is gonna attempt to kill him on every mission.

Well if Wally ends up being in the Suicide Squad movie, this will all have been worth it to me. That would be so amazingly OP, though.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    DC has yet to announce a relaunch for suicide squad
    Its probably coming but I sincerely doubt Wally is going to be a central character. Any team with him and Harley on the roster is gonna be an instant mess as I'm sure she is gonna attempt to kill him on every mission.
    If he survives HiC, he'll likely be the 'villain' the Suicide Squad has to hunt down for a year, leading to multiple c- or d-list villains being killed by Wally the Murderer.

His new name will probably be 'Runs Red' or 'The Scarlet Slash'.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

he has a ready-made moniker available courtesy of Walter West his counterpart from hyper time namely the dark flash.

Astonishing Member

Him being I'll and losing it I can cope with

It's the covering it up after I find deplorable writing

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    If he survives HiC, he'll likely be the 'villain' the Suicide Squad has to hunt down for a year, leading to multiple c- or d-list villains being killed by Wally the Murderer.

Red Run? (10 char filler)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Red Run? (10 char filler)
    Or "Red Rum".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Or "Red Rum".
    The play on Red Rum was the joke, but with run used the one letter off made it fit. Trust me, there are possibly two or three people out there laughing at this joke.

The play on Red Rum was the joke, but with run used the one letter off made it fit. Trust me, there are possibly two or three people out there laughing at this joke.
    I caught it and yes, I’m one of those 2 or 3 that had a laugh. Maybe not lmao, but def a small chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    Well, this is a mess. Accidentaly killing all these people is understandable, but the not telling and cover up and framing of other people are unnecessary and make no sense whatsoever. Not only that, but if he can travel through time, why didn't he try to fix it instead of simply covering up? I still think he will end up fixing it,
    But then what's the point of having two Ivys? Buying time to resurrect her was the reason he went to such lengths to cover up the accident and frame others in the first place.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post

yep, the fastest killer alive.. He will became "The Red Death" (as one of the batmen from the dark universe, what a irony)

The truth is the wally we all loved or like as flash is truly death, all that remains is a former shadow that will be violated by writers like King

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I don't know about that. Even as a guy who actively loathed all three stories, there's definitely degrees of awful.

Identity Crisis had a lot going for it. The dialog/narration didn't make you groan, the art was top-notch, the emotions it evoked were real, and the mystery was compelling (up until the reveal). There wasn't a cavalcade of pointless deaths (Firestorm aside) either. But the retconned grottiness of the Dr. Light rape/mind wipes, and the stupidity of the reveal made it horrible. It sucks, and caused horrible damage to the DCU, but it wasn't ALL bad.

Heroes in Crisis (pending a retcon of the deaths) is danged bad. But it's kind of pretty at times, and most of the D-Listers who were killed got a moment of empathy before their (stupid pointless) deaths. And while Tom King's storytelling has a number of unfortunate tics, it's not THAT distracting. Still, the assassination of Wally's character, and the trinity's unconscionably irresponsible behavior make this sucky as all git out.

Cry for Justice is just hilariously, MST3K-level bad. I really can't think of one nice thing to say about it, other than the fact that it got retconned into oblivion with the New 52. It made me wonder who was really writing Starman (one of my favorite titles EVER) all those years. THAT'S how bad it is.
    Degrees of awful don't really matter to me when it's constant ruination of characters/teams/morals that I love and cherish.

For me it's whatever lens I am using to view a story. I can for example read All-Star Batman and Robin and have a total blast reading it. I personally hate that story as well. The absolute mischaracterization and dreck that is passed off for writing will always be horrible but I can just sit back and shut my brain off like it's a terrible B-movie. Some stories I can do that and others like Cry for Justice, Identity Crisis, and HiC I can't. When it comes to any piece of media no matter how great or awful I should get at least one of the 2 E's out of it, entertainment or engagement. As long as I find something either engaging or entertaining then I'm good, preferably both. If not than it's awful and will be lumped together equally with all the things I find to be awful.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I blew some air out my nose in amusement.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics