Page 41 of 215 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm trying not to jump the gun, and will wait till I actually read the story, but MAN all the tidbits coming out about this story has me fearing the worst.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That era to me is the height of DC's quality line-wide.
    90s is when I started reading comics, and I agree with that statement.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    90s is when I started reading comics, and I agree with that statement.
    Unfortunately is hard to be a 90's era fans nowadays.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'm trying not to jump the gun, and will wait till I actually read the story, but MAN all the tidbits coming out about this story has me fearing the worst.
    This I can actually respect. At least you're willing to give it a chance, unlike most who write it off due to rumors without ANY FACTS, or thinking they truly know what's going on behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Raijin; 09-18-2018 at 04:17 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Unfortunately is hard to be a 90's era fans nowadays.
    That is absolutely true, but I do see a glimpse of hope. I mean, if it is true that Kyle goes back to the Titans? That could be great. If only we can have Roy back. And maybe Hal went Parallax... A man can dream...

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    That is absolutely true, but I do see a glimpse of hope. I mean, if it is true that Kyle goes back to the Titans? That could be great. If only we can have Roy back. And maybe Hal went Parallax... A man can dream...
    I'm not totally sure about Kyle saving his butt too.
    We know he's alive at december but HIC will end after. I'll never be relieved till it end.

You can actually wait to read the story before judgment? #MINDBLOWN

Seriously though, the possibilities for very good or very bad are all there. Next week, we'll all have a much better idea of what we're concerned with and talking about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I'm not totally sure about Kyle saving his butt too.
    We know he's alive at december but HIC will end after. I'll never be relieved till it end.
    I am with you on this one, except it doesn't really make sense to bring him on the team and then kill him off in a different book a couple months later.

I don't think anyone is jumping the gun. Airing grievances and worries before going into a story is natural especially when a lot of the story points are controversial. You can still pick it up day 1, I am too and be cautiously optimistic to read it. I don't understand people who act like critiquing or complaining about something automatically means you won't read it or give it a chance.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Maybe they're making Kyle a Titan so that they can kill another Titan lol
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Mighty Member

I don't think anyone is jumping the gun. Airing grievances and worries before going into a story is natural especially when a lot of the story points are controversial. You can still pick it up day 1, I am too and be cautiously optimistic to read it. I don't understand people who act like critiquing or complaining about something automatically means you won't read it or give it a chance.
    Well....you and many others have been against the book since Day 1. So for me it was safe to assume that none of you had any intentions to read it? I'm honestly surprised you're going to pick it up.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

The same people who keep wishing for the legacy characters to take over would also cry when they get pushed aside for the newer generation to take over their place and the cycle of whining would continue.

If these characters can't stand on their own without taking over famous mantle, then what's the point of them? (It's not true at all that were created to take over).

And about HiC, will give it a shot and see how it goes. I have a feeling that the most entertaining thing about it is going to be fans reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Well....you and many others have been against the book since Day 1. So for me it was safe to assume that none of you had any intentions to read it? I'm honestly surprised you're going to pick it up.
    Why is that surprising? You do understand that negative doesn't automatically mean bad. Dick Grayson is my favorite comic book character of all time but I could go on at length about issues I have with him. I complain because I care, because I know DC can do better without resorting to "who's gonna die and come back in a couple years?" It's pointless ideas that will be reversed later on and no one will care. Questioning and confronting these ideas is to hope for better stories down the line that don't resort to this kind of stuff. Maybe Heroes in Crisis will be my all time favorite DC story, I have no idea but what I do know is that their promotion of this book is awful and beneath DC.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Why is that surprising? You do understand that negative doesn't automatically mean bad. Dick Grayson is my favorite comic book character of all time but I could go on at length about issues I have with him. I complain because I care, because I know DC can do better without resorting to "who's gonna die and come back in a couple years?" It's pointless ideas that will be reversed later on and no one will care. Questioning and confronting these ideas is to hope for better stories down the line that don't resort to this kind of stuff. Maybe Heroes in Crisis will be my all time favorite DC story, I have no idea but what I do know is that their promotion of this book is awful and beneath DC.
    I can definitely sympathize with everything said here. Just like Dick Grayson is your favorite (and mine too), Roy Harper is definitely my favorite. Outside of Dick and Wally, he's probably the only Titan who has been developed and showed so much growth over the years. I've been with the character since the Devin Grayson era, Outsiders, JLA and RHATO. I think killing him is a mistake. There's still so much you can do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    The same people who keep wishing for the legacy characters to take over would also cry when they get pushed aside for the newer generation to take over their place and the cycle of whining would continue.

If these characters can't stand on their own without taking over famous mantle, then what's the point of them? (It's not true at all that were created to take over).
    There's more than enough room for all of the characters without killing anyone. Just because a writer doesn't want to play with a toy doesn't mean they should break it so no one else can either.