Page 182 of 215 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3211
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    Thought of that (La'gaan), and I am thinking it is part of

spoilers:
    "the version" of events that either Booster/Harley saw while inside, so they thought all the killings weren't at the same time, which would be a clue to speed.
    end of spoilers

Yikes, I hate writing that.

Also, let's ponder that

spoilers:
    Wally West, using super speed, to frame Harley, inserted that smiling toy down the corpse of a deceased friend/ally/fellow hero.
    end of spoilers

DAMN IT.
    Ugh, I'd forgotten about that. My wife hasn't been reading (I've just been telling her) and she just stared at me incredulously when I just told her (I hadn't told her about that toy originally).
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Your wife makes a lot of good points.
    She's pretty cool imo

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    Thought of that (La'gaan), and I am thinking it is part of

spoilers:
    "the version" of events that either Booster/Harley saw while inside, so they thought all the killings weren't at the same time, which would be a clue to speed.
    end of spoilers
    I suppose that's a viable explanation.

spoilers:
    But if King wanted to promote the misdirection, then I think having them actually being shown to kill others in the simulation(s) besides Wally would have been the way to go. Neither one of them even appeared to be around during Gnarrk's death scene in issue six.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

I literally have no words....

This....oh man this book is something else
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I suppose that's a viable explanation.

spoilers:
    But if King wanted to promote the misdirection, then I think having them actually being shown to kill others in the simulation(s) besides Wally would have been the way to go. Neither one of them even appeared to be around during Gnarrk's death scene in issue six.
    end of spoilers
    I think this is further evidence of last minute rewrites

spoilers:
    Just one thing. Wally’s mind is broken. No one is pretending that this is in character for him, but it’s not suppose to be. That the whole point. His mind has snapped. He’s out of his mind, out of his character.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Now that Im thinking about it this whole thing really just looks like it was done because someone from higher up or whatever wanted to completely demolish Wally.

Looking at it from a story and specifically mystery story perspective everything is just kinda stuffed and forced in there.

It really looks like there was just an objective of destroying Wally and the "mystery" and all the threads were just haphazardly thrown around that.

What was the point of the puddlers? Booster and Harleys whole involvement? Lois and Superman revealing Sanctuary to the world?

Just seems like random crap to at most distract from what was going on with Wally. Otherwise it's just a bunch of weak, superfulous random events.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Not giving up hope until # 9 drops.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member

This is why Alan Moore created homage characters instead of the Charlton heroes for Watchmen.

The Watchmen become iconic while the Charlton remained usable.

Everybody won.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Hope for what exactly? That it all wasn't real? But even so Wally actively participated in covering up the deaths he caused in such ridiculous ways that it can't really be justified. Going as far as moving bodies and planting false evidence to throw Bruce and Barry off track and even creating simulations to blame the deaths on Booster and Harley. Those are abhorrent actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

What is Hope like? I ran out a while back
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Hope for what exactly? That it all wasn't real? But even so Wally actively participated in covering up the deaths he caused in such ridiculous ways that it can't really be justified. Going as far as moving bodies and planting false evidence to throw Bruce and Barry off track and even creating simulations to blame the deaths on Booster and Harley. Those are abhorrent actions.
    He mutilated corpses, for God's sake.

I don't know what anyone is waiting for at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    This is why Alan Moore created homage characters instead of the Charlton heroes for Watchmen.

The Watchmen become iconic while the Charlton remained usable.

Everybody won.
    Wasn't his original intent to use the actual characters though, and he was told he couldn't?

Seems like editorial restraint might have also been an unsung hero in that.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

No coming back from this Wally west when you do reprehensible stuff like this as a 2nd gen character it's over for good.
    I still can't get over how pathetic it is that he's plagued by the memories of people he never met(as this is not the pre flashpoint Wally) and proceeded to kill all these heroes and frame Harley and Booster because he got triggered and for a speedster I guess that means omnidirectional death to everyone around him.

This series really isn't a crisis threatening the universe it's about a mental crisis for all the characters involved

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    spoilers:
    Neither one of them even appeared to be around during Gnarrk's death scene in issue six.
    end of spoilers
    You're quite right. Another scene that doesn't fit what we see in this issue. In fact...

spoilers:
    ...unless we are to assume that Wally created the Gnarrk death scene as part of the Booster or Harley simulation (which wouldn't make sense as they wouldn't be around to see it) then we know that not all of them actually died right away, making Wally's actions even more suspect. If they didn't die on the spot then his first priority would have been to get them help rather than to just leave them alone to die while he set up the scheme to point the clues as to their upcoming deaths to Harley and Booster.
    end of spoilers