Page 46 of 215 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I think that in the end, Booster will go back in time and prevent the deaths or some other cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Another major death revealed

spoilers:
    Wally West
    end of spoilers

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...firmed-really/
    Hmm, I hope there’s more to this one.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

spoilers:
    Wally West
    end of spoilers

This one casts some doubt over how permanent the rest of the deaths are going to be, if they are even legit.
    spoilers:
    Wally is being saved for something in Suicide Squad, isn't he? And surely he's gonna play some sporadic role in Williamson's Flash.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    spoilers:
    Wally is being saved for something in Suicide Squad, isn't he? And surely he's gonna play some sporadic role in Williamson's Flash.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Suicide Squad is nothing more than a rumor from Bleeding Cool so far. And Williamson seemed to set up Barry taking over Wally's story about finding Hunter and the missing Flash-Family at the end of Flash War.
    end of spoilers

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

spoilers:
    DC really hates redhead men, don't they? Well, I'd rather he died a hero than become a murderer, so hopefully he comes back when Didio is gone.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I don't mind if Roy dies you can take tim drake as well I wouldn't care

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    spoilers:
    The Suicide Squad is nothing more than a rumor from Bleeding Cool so far. And Williamson seemed to set up Barry taking over Wally's story about finding Hunter and the missing Flash-Family at the end of Flash War.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ah, gotcha. That's what I get for trade waiting Flash. Still, even if Wally's role in Rebirth has fizzled out, he's still too popular for DC to permanently kill him off in such a fashion. Him being on the death list makes it like none of this is as it seems, or it will be reversed somehow by the end of the story.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I don't mind if Roy dies you can take tim drake as well I wouldn't care
    LOL same.

I'm pretty sure we learned about the murder mystery premise not long after the initial announcement. This certainly isn't recent news.

And we haven't read the issues so we don't know how it plays out to be dismissed as just shock value death. How does a murder play out to avoid being "shocking"? Hell, despite the cliche Women in Refrigerators thing it had going for it, the initial premise of Sue Dibny being murdered and the shocking reveal of it wasn't all that bad on it's own. It was a whole slew of other things that went along with it that were terrible, chiefly the unnecessary use of the rape trope, throwing Jean Loring under the bus, casting a pall over the Satellite era and the mystery not being well thought out. And Sue was a much bigger deal than the named victims so far aside from the big one.
    But those were a big part of Identity Crisis's murder mystery to begin with.
    Ivy is far more valuable than the characters killed so far, even the big one. I think it's a given that she will at least survive the story.
    Well, she's definitely the most popular, but value is in the eye of the beholder.

spoilers:
    Wally West
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Wasn't Wally supposed to be one of the suspects? Although I doubt this will stick.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Although death might be better then getting stuck on the Suicide Squad...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But those were a big part of Identity Crisis's murder mystery to begin with.
    Isn't one of the main criticisms of Identity Crisis that Sue's rape by Dr. Light's hands didn't have much of anything to do with Jean killing her? And Jean being the perpetrator was poorly done?

We don't know yet if anyone's getting gratuitously raped in this or if the final suspect will make sense or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she's definitely the most popular, but value is in the eye of the beholder.]
    This is true, but I doubt there are enough beholders who see value in the misc characters that spoilers:
    are not Roy and Wally
    end of spoilers to compete with the number who love Ivy. They just have not had enough appearances to have the numbers to compete with her. Kill Ivy, and the Batman franchise is going to be phased and won't keep her down for long. spoilers:
    kill Hotspot and Lagoon Boy and the Titans and Aquaman franchises will truck along just fine without them, and any ditches they fall into are not going to be resolved just by bringing those characters back. According to Comic Vine, Blue Jay has only made about 67 appearances since 1971, so while something cool could always be done with him, it's also not a major loss.
    end of spoilers

Isn't one of the main criticisms of Identity Crisis that Sue's rape by Dr. Light's hands didn't have much of anything to do with Jean killing her? And Jean being the perpetrator was poorly done?
    There's so many criticisms for Identity Crisis that those were probably a few of them .
    This is true, but I doubt there are enough beholders who see value in the misc characters that spoilers:
    are not Roy and Wally
    end of spoilers to compete with the number who love Ivy. They just have not had enough appearances to have the numbers to compete with her. Kill Ivy, and the Batman franchise is going to be phased and won't keep her down for long. spoilers:
    kill Hotspot and Lagoon Boy and the Titans and Aquaman franchises will truck along just fine without them, and any ditches they fall into are not going to be resolved just by bringing those characters back. According to Comic Vine, Blue Jay has only made about 67 appearances since 1971, so while something cool could always be done with him, it's also not a major loss.
    end of spoilers
    Again, Ivy probably has more fans then those characters, but that doesn't mean the fans of those characters don't value them as much as Ivy fans do Ivy.

But I don't think level of popularity should matter that much in terms of saying one character is more "okay" to kill off then another.

(Although, honestly, I'm not sure if the Batman franchise would be that effected by Ivy's death to be honest considering how she's been used so sporadically and inconsistently. The Harley solo would probably ignore it anyways).

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

My own rumors:

Ivy gets murdered.... but comes back as did Groot. Harley carries baby-Ivy around in a pot for several issues.
    Wally West gets murdered.... but it was merely his speed after-image. The real Wally has since returned to the Speed Force because he's savvy enough to cotton on that DC has entered the Stupid Zone.

But more likely:

The massacre is the murder of [insert name of DC multiplying mutant here] Oh, the horror.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I think that in the end, Booster will go back in time and prevent the deaths or some other cop out.
    Heh. I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up being revealed as somebody’s imaginary psychotic break at the end and none of it actually happened (which wouldn’t be a bad twist for a story about mental illness/trama if executed properly)

As long as the fallout from the character’s Imaginary mental breakdown effected them and some of the rest of the DCU afterwards enough for future stories (like most events do) that’s worthy of having an actual event for, that wouldn’t be that bad of an ending, IMHO.
    Last edited by docmidnite; 09-22-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    Ah, gotcha. That's what I get for trade waiting Flash. Still, even if Wally's role in Rebirth has fizzled out, he's still too popular for DC to permanently kill him off in such a fashion. Him being on the death list makes it like none of this is as it seems, or it will be reversed somehow by the end of the story.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The last Flash issue Wally was in did have Iris claim his story was far from over and that things were going to get a lot harder for him before they got better. That would seem to be some unnecessary misdirection by Williamson if Wally is just going to be taken off the board for the foreseeable future in his very next appearance.

We also haven't gotten any hints his death is going to spill over into the Flash book like we appear to be getting with Green Arrow having a tie-in issue.
    end of spoilers

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

spoilers:
    The last Flash issue Wally was in did have Iris claim his story was far from over and that things were going to get a lot harder for him before they got better. That would seem to be some unnecessary misdirection by Williamson if Wally is just going to be taken off the board for the foreseeable future in his very next appearance.

We also haven't gotten any hints his death is going to spill over into the Flash book like we appear to be getting with Green Arrow having a tie-in issue.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I mean Ben Percy left Nightwing after plans changed abruptly, not to mention the New 52 was done on a whim. It's not like Didio is adverse to upending the creative table when he feels like it.
    end of spoilers

The problem with killing off so many old characters and Titans is that New Age of Heroes best title sell 22K and the fan fare after this will likely cause at least some current readers to drop. DC seems like it is once again headed for a reboot.