Page 186 of 215 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3211
    Astonishing Member

Why would they care about fans being upset about a character they have nothing invested in? The entire reason they used Wally for a controversial event like this is because he is expendable to them.

Wow, I did not expect a disaster of this magnitude

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    The only consolation I can take is that the fans are furious with this character assassination and DC will likely retcon it or find some plot device that excuses all of it within the next 3 or so years like they do with every idea that's poorly received
    We've pretty much gotten confirmation that Didio does what he does with the intent of pissing off his own readers. I wouldn't hold my breath on anyone swooping in to clean all of this up anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    The only consolation I can take is that the fans are furious with this character assassination and DC will likely retcon it or find some plot device that excuses all of it within the next 3 or so years like they do with every idea that's poorly received
    And yet, how many people thought Identity Crisis was a good story?

(Granted, you can't exactly compare what they did there to Jean Loring, Sue Dibny, and others with what King is pulling in Heroes in Crisis, but . . . )

So much like Identity Crisis, this is going to get ignored eventually because nobody really likes it, correct? I mean Ralph and Sue are back...

Man, I'm actually having a hard time putting into words how bad this whole thing is. I don't understand how anyone has gotten anything enjoyable out of this. Literally everything about it except for the art is bad.

I'm not a fan of King's Batman and stopped reading it awhile ago, but even with that opinion of King, I'm still surprised at just how bad HiC is. I have to think about it some more, but this might honestly be the worst story/series/event I've ever read. Damage done.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    So much like Identity Crisis, this is going to get ignored eventually because nobody really likes it, correct? I mean Ralph and Sue are back...
    Well, they were able to explain away Hal going crazy and destroying the entire universe.

They exonerated Leslie Thompkins for her allowing Stephanie Brown to die.

Identity Crisis was pretty much retconned out with the New 52.

In trying to keep my emotions in check regarding this, because I'm very unhappy as a fan of Wally West, this is strictly a maneuver designed to increase talk and get people upset. Despite all this talk, I have no doubt Issue #9 will be highly sought after even by those who are angry about this, because they'll want to see if somehow this is undone in that issue. It won't be, because this is exactly the reaction DC wanted and they'll drag this out as many years as possible.

Like I said earlier, this really sucks because I feel that the Rebirth moment between Wally and Barry was the best moment in recent comic book history. But that's all tainted now. We'll just have to ride it out, unless fans truly want to make a statement and go cold turkey in buying DC comics. But let's be real, that's going to happen. If anything, this will garner more attention.

I wonder if Mark Waid will speak out about this.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Well, they were able to explain away Hal going crazy and destroying the entire universe.

In trying to keep my emotions in check regarding this, because I'm very unhappy as a fan of Wally West, this is strictly a maneuver designed to increase talk and get people upset. Despite all this talk, I have no doubt Issue #9 will be highly sought after even by those who are angry about this, because they'll want to see if somehow this is undone in that issue. It won't be, because this is exactly the reaction DC wanted and they'll drag this out as many years as possible.

Like I said earlier, this really sucks because I feel that the Rebirth moment between Wally and Barry was the best moment in recent comic book history. But that's all tainted now. We'll just have to ride it out, unless fans truly want to make a statement and go cold turkey in buying DC comics. But let's be real, that's going to happen. If anything, this will garner more attention.

And even though Identity Crisis has been retconned out, the damage to Sue Dibny and Dr. Light remains.
    Even though most of the events surrounding Infinite Crisis didn't happen, the damage to Maxwell Lord and Ted Kord remains.
    Heroes in Crisis may one day get retconned away. But the damage to Wally and Roy will remain. Even if they return.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Mark Waid is not going to criticize another writer's work this early after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Mark Waid is not going to criticize another writer's work this early after release.
    He's pretty vocal, especially when it comes to Wally.

Astonishing Member

He's pretty vocal, especially when it comes to Wally.
    Not really. When the New 52 Wally stuff was happening he kept his lips shut. When Wally came back he didn't say very much. When Wally was erased by Flashpoint he only made a snide comment about hoping he's safe. Waid's generally pretty quiet on the Wally front since he left DC.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And even though Identity Crisis has been retconned out, the damage to Sue Dibny and Dr. Light remains.
    Even though most of the events surrounding Infinite Crisis didn't happen, the damage to Maxwell Lord and Ted Kord remains.
    Heroes in Crisis may one day get retconned away. But the damage to Wally and Roy will remain. Even if they return.

Nope. The damage to DIDIO and KING remain. My love for Wally is just fine and will continue to be.

I had The Flash combo hardback books that were Barry but had even one page worth of Wally in them on cart hold. I had the single trade for Flash War on hold.
    Removed.
    I refuse to buy anything DC that does not feature "Wally West" and written by "Mark Waid" and/or "Messner-Loeb" on the cover. I will not purchase anything with Didio or King's name on it save what has to be on it because he's the main guy and legally they have to print his name even on reprints of Mark Waid and Messner-Loeb.

The above is not exaggeration. One time GE ticked me off by selling me a radio that fell apart one-day after warranty. That was 40 years ago and I still go out of my way to avoid buying GE if there are other options.
    Didio wants to play petty?
    Someone hold my beer.
    I may not care to play that game, but I am an expert at it.
    Last edited by Kyer; 04-24-2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: interrupted by parental unit
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Not really. When the New 52 Wally stuff was happening he kept his lips shut. When Wally came back he didn't say very much. When Wally was erased by Flashpoint he only made a snide comment about hoping he's safe. Waid's generally pretty quiet on the Wally front since he left DC.
    He gave a pretty long statement when Barry came back about his love for Wally and how he hoped DC wouldn't just sandbag him for Barry.

Always Rakzo

Nobody can keep Waid quiet.

For better and worse.

(Usually worse).

Astonishing Member

He gave a pretty long statement when Barry came back about his love for Wally and how he hoped DC wouldn't just sandbag him for Barry.
    I still remember on the old comicbloc forums, Johns promising that Flash Rebirth was not the end of Wally and Barry coming back would be better for him, that he'd still continue to kick ass.

What a load of bullshit that and literally every other public sentiment from DC about Wally has been. I'm sure it wasn't Johns' intent, but when everyone reading the comic saw it coming he's a fool for thinking anything else but stuff like this was going to happen.