Page 3 of 215 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    These are superheroes,not messed up millennials that think everything is sooooo serious.they we're created to be positive,happy,uplifting role model types,not sad,mopey,depressed,characters that can't function without someone holding their hands.
    So only millennials get sad and depressed and could use a helping hand from time to time?

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Where? I cannot find him
    Right above Hawkgirl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So only millennials get sad and depressed and could use a helping hand from time to time?

Yes,it's just them and only them,and couldn't possibly bee just throwing out a example sigh

These are superheroes,not messed up millennials that think everything is sooooo serious.they we're created to be positive,happy,uplifting role model types,not sad,mopey,depressed,characters that can't function without someone holding their hands.
    Interesting comment. Not sure what comics you've been reading this entire time. Also your thoughts on depression are...a choice.

If there's one complaint I have, it's that we haven't seen enough of Sanctuary actually helping people.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Feelings,nothing more than feelings.

Why do writers feel that they need to give every hero tragedy,and not able to deal with it?

Geoff did it to Barry,abnett is doing it to half the Titans,and now king will make every DC superhero a mess,is this what is cool nowadays to do to our heroes
    I agree with you 100%. This is not what I want to see in superhero comics. Superhero comics are supposed to be upbeat and fun, over the top sometimes and flashy. Yes, sometimes there is drama or even tragedy but the idea that being a superhero messes you up is wrong. This is too dark and depressing. This would work a lot better for vertigo or an indie comic, but not for main stream superheros.

The idea that being a superhero, saving the world and people traumatises and breaks a super hero is very dark and depressing.

And why does he keep on repeating the word violence? Yes superheroes do punch the bad guys, super heroes are a action, adventure genre but most super heroes aren't the punisher.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 06-13-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Interesting comment. Not sure what comics you've been reading this entire time. Also your thoughts on depression are...a choice.

Hello Geoff made my favorite character a emo character,always stuck in his feelings,and I stayed a fan.not every hero needs or should need a therapist to get thru the day.

Bruce Wayne had to deal with something happening to him,he needs a therapists,before Tim Drake lost his dad,Barry Allen lost his mom,or Wally lost his entire family they were not shattered and in need of help,writers feel the need to crush a heroes life so they can write them

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Right above Hawkgirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Look the characters Behind BIRD BARDA.
    I thought it was Damian, but he's already in the center. So you're right it should be Tim

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I love Tom King’s work but this is kind of disappointing. With all the Source Wall and multiversal upheaval I was hoping for something bigger in scale. This seems more like Identity Crisis.
    I despise Identity Crisis but I do like that it was a major superhero crossover that was smaller and more personal in scale. The execution was beyond awful but I still like that general approach - especially since the vast, vast majority of "epic" superhero crossovers tend to pretty seriously suck.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Normally I'd like this concept, but if that cover is representative of who the main focuses of the book are going to be, it's going to be primarily about white A-listers and characters previously without trauma who King changed and/or butchered.

Hard pass.
    ^This.

And I guess Cyborg is the only minority that's gonna be in this book ...oh wait I see Vixen and she's all the way, alllll the way, aaaaallllll the waaaaaay in the back.

I hate that Harley Quinn is being turned into a hero and is involved.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

This is such an interesting premise. I really do prefer this human, character-driven approach to story-telling in the DCU to Snyder's bombastic action and grandiose monologue.

And of course Tom King is an automatic buy. He's pretty much all I read these days, but this in particular sounds right up his alley.

I'll even be willing to stomach NuHarley Quinn for this.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Makes me sad that Straczynski “Samaritan X” never made it to print https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-stracz...ritan-x-at-dc/

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    There are many characters with white capes..

[B]WHAT IS THAT THING IN SUPERMAN HANDS? A mask and??
    It appears that there are a bunch of people (more in the back) amongst the heroes with the same mask that's in Superman's hands and wearing white cloaks. (which is what I imagine is in Superman's hands with the mask) No idea who they could be though... could they all be Santuary? Like anonymous priest/shrinks??

I don't know if King was influenced by this, but the first thing I thought of when hearing this premise was that issue of "X-Factor" where the team talked to Doc Samson. The characterization in that one issue helped define those characters for a long time afterwards. I would hope that the whole things isn't as maudlin and depressing as people seem to be assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This would be a good concept for an alternate superhero universe, one that had a plan for a finite end.

But when you're talking about an ongoing, serialized superhero universe, the idea that these heroes would start reflecting too hard on what they're doing and the consequences of their life choices, it seems like a thread you don't really want to tug on.

If any of these heroes really wanted to step back and consider the life of violence they choose to led, the only answer to getting healthy is for them to stop being vigilantes, take off their costumes, and stop spending their days and nights beating the sh*t out of people.

Being a superhero isn't equivalent to being a policeman or solider - if you put it up to any serious analysis, it's a sickness, not a public service.

Bruce Wayne doesn't have to dress like a bat and fight criminals, much less encourage and train children to do the same. It's a concept that only really works in a fantasy universe where putting on costumes and solving problems with your fists is not looked on as an insane decision. But the more real you try to make that world and the more you try and apply real world psychology to these characters, the more of a nutcase Bruce and other heroes begin to look.

It's different with someone gifted with godlike abilities like Superman. But for any street level hero, any kind of therapy that doesn't move them towards an end goal of giving up doing what they're doing seems absurd.
    I have to agree.
    Taking this stuff too seriously is one of the biggest ball and chains that DC and Marvel could possibly attach to their comics.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I agree with you 100%. This is not what I want to see in superhero comics. Superhero comics are supposed to be upbeat and fun, over the top sometimes and flashy. Yes, sometimes there is drama or even tragedy but the idea that being a superhero messes you up is wrong. This is too dark and depressing. This would work a lot better for vertigo or an indie comic, but not for main stream superheros.

The idea that being a superhero, saving the world and people traumatises and breaks a super hero is very dark and depressing.

And why does he keep on repeating the word violence? Yes superheroes do punch the bad guys, super heroes are a action, adventure genre but most super heroes aren't the punisher.
    I feel like most superhero comics are exactly as you want/describe them. The fact that everyone is comparing the solicit to Identity Crisis from 13-14 years ago, and not something more recent, tells me that these kind of stories don't come around often and are easily skippable if they don't appeal to readers.

Personally, I can't wait. I dug the hell out of Identity Crisis, and I love the occasional tale that delves into super-serious territory (I don't want all my stories like this, but occasional ones are A-Ok to me).
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."