Page 37 of 215 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    (Sigh) Roy always was DC Editorial's favorite whipping boy .
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hey, Geoff Johns!
    How's that return of "HOPE"-thing you talked about at the start of Rebirth working out?
    I don't think Johns has much to do with this.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Eh, it's a murder mystery. Someone has to die. As long as it's a murder mystery that makes sense, it will hold up better than Identity Crisis.

It's not as if much was going on with this character anyway, and much like Hotspot, if a new direction comes along a resurrection is easy to expect in the DCU. Odds are far higher that it will happen with him than Hotspot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DamianWayne1 View Post
    It’s a 7 part limited series, with the first issue coming out on September 26th.

From the EW article:
    “Due in September, Heroes in Crisis will mark the introduction of Sanctuary, a crisis center established by the Trinity that uses Kryptonian technology, Amazonian mysticism, and Bruce Wayne’s money to help “superheroes who spend their lives fighting villainy and protecting others.” Created by King, a former counterterrorism operations officer with the CIA, Sanctuary and the limited series reflect his ongoing interest in exploring the consequences of violence on those involved. This theme has been present in almost everything he has written, including Batman (see the I Am trilogy, Kite Man, or how Batman’s relationship with Catwoman asks whether happiness is possible for the Dark Knight), Omega Men, and Mister Miracle (which begins with its titular hero attempting suicide).”

Link to full article here: http://ew.com/books/2018/06/13/batma...sis-sanctuary/
    Attachment 67048
    EDIT: More info
    Attachment 67087
    I love how barda looks here

King writing it raises my concerns, I like his miracle but his batman is very poor imo

If he's the lead ill skip it and maybe pick up the trade

the concept doesn't really interest me either

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Eh, it's a murder mystery. Someone has to die. As long as it's a murder mystery that makes sense, it will hold up better than Identity Crisis.
    Although just mentioning that story brings up the fact that DC doesn't have the best track record with Superhero murder mysteries .
    It's not as if much was going on with this character anyway, and much like Hotspot, if a new direction comes along a resurrection is easy to expect in the DCU. Odds are far higher that it will happen with him than Hotspot.
    There's still a lot I would've rather seen with this character then just killing them off, even if I know they're probably coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    (Sigh) Roy always was DC Editorial's favorite whipping boy .
    end of spoilers
    Hey, Geoff Johns!
    How's that return of "HOPE"-thing you talked about at the start of Rebirth working out?
    I don't think Johns has much to do with this.
    Oh, I know that . . . but it's just is a reminder of all those empty, half-hearted promises (at least from my standpoint) DC seemed to be offering at the beginning of Rebirth but has done a less-than-wonderful job of delivering on (though, again, that's how I feel).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

DC just needs to go ahead and do the event they have always wanted to do .......... The Slaugher of the Titans. That way they could just kill off every character who has ever been a member of the team at once instead of doing them 2 or 3 (or in the case of Infinite Crisis what was it 6?) at a time in other events. Just wholesale slaughter them all so they can not be used as the DC whipping boys and girls anymore. You know full and well at least 2 of the 3 of the new Titans characters have already been fitted for toe tags once the current writer leaves and they get thrown into limbo just waiting for the turn to die in the next event book.

DC HATES THE TITANS PEOPLE!!!! It has never been more obvious. They will not rest until they have killed them all off except maybe Nightwing and Cyborg.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 09-16-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    DC just needs to go ahead and do the event they have always wanted to do .......... The Slaugher of the Titans. That way they could just kill off every character who has ever been a member of the team at once instead of doing them 2 or 3 (or in the case of Infinite Crisis what was it 6?) at a time in other events. Just wholesale slaughter them all so they can not be used as the DC whipping boys and girls anymore. You know full and well at least 2 of the 3 of the new Titans characters have already been fitted for toe tags once the current writer leaves and they get thrown into limbo just waiting for the turn to die in the next event book.

DC HATES THE TITANS PEOPLE!!!! It has never been more obvious. They will not rest until they have killed them all off except maybe Nightwing and Cyborg.
    Omg if they did this it would be like how Marvel killed off every member of Jean Grey's family within 24 seconds. Who would be the villain though? Deathstroke's too obvious. Honestly this sounds interesting now...oh wait Aqualad was a member so nevermind.

I would have preferred Kyle or Tim but hey Roy is probably at his worst when he has nothing to do with GA and has to resort to being Jason's sidekick

Hey, Geoff Johns!
    It seems like Johns talks about that in to relation to a lot of big stories he works on and yet, those stories still end with a ton of bodies.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

If anyone wants to see a list of the dead go check out my post of the fallen in the Titans thread.

It feels like DC just wants to kill off an entire generation because it makes the JL look too"old". After the reboot they just got around it by erasing or deaging, god this damn reboot did nothing but hurt these characters. Rebirth hasn't done any favors either.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Omg if they did this it would be like how Marvel killed off every member of Jean Grey's family within 24 seconds. Who would be the villain though? Deathstroke's too obvious. Honestly this sounds interesting now...oh wait Aqualad was a member so nevermind.
    They would probably want Nightwing to be the one to kill them all off that way they could turn him into a true evil version of Batman.

Oh no, say it ain’t so...

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Oh no, say it ain’t so...
    If you only ever read Winnick's Outsiders and RHatO I could understand your hatred for him.

Meh. I don't really care for this version of Roy anyway, so kill away for all I care.

Hopefully they'll bring back the real pre-Cry For Justice Roy (with Lian) sometime after Doomsday Clock is finished (or maybe by Rebirth: The 52nd Kingdom Crisis (Infinite Countdown Clock to Zero Hour) at the most...)

Besides, it wouldn't be a Big 2 company wide crossover if nobody died and/or was maimed in some fashion. Actually, I can't think of one DC event where nobody died and/or was maimed. (is there one?)

So, wake me up when the real Roy is back.

Until then, I'll just pick it up and see if it entertains me, personally. If not, I'll just drop it and see if anything else out there might interest and entertain me, personally.
    Last edited by docmidnite; 09-16-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Mighty Member

Im ready to read and support this thing already. The hate is getting beyond ridiculous at this point.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K