Page 89 of 215 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3211
    Spectacular Member

I don't know, I think that footage from Sanctuary showing Superman opening up about his origins and the psychology of why he does what he does and then commenting on how bad it would be if this footage with all their secrets got out, right after learning that some footage was released is pretty emotional, and a terrifying cliff-hanger for those that care about villains getting info about the heroes and their families.

Also, remember, before she became Harley Quinn she was Dr. Harleen Quinzell, a criminal psychologist, which is how she met "Mistah J" to begin with. It's not hard to believe she could use psychology against the Trinity, hence luring them there in the first place.

So yeah, I enjoyed it, and am intrigued with where the story is going, and just what Barry found that convinced him Booster was responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    The idea that people are crying about Superman and Wonder Woman not catching Harley Quinn instead of Wally and Poison Ivy getting confirmed dead is wild to me
    The arguments about power levels on the internet is serious business but Harley Quinn is not(and never has been for that matter) a serious character so all the complaints are gonna ever amount you are taking this way too seriously
    Everyone already went through the anger and sadness of losing those characters months ago, the next phase is apathy. Who cares that they are confirmed? The creators don't so why should we?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Amazing Member

My biggest issue with the story so far is my issue with DC in general. In stories like these, characters always get sidelined or murdered just for cheap shock value. (I.E: Sue Dibney, Wally West, Ryan Choi, Fridge girl.)

Astonishing Member

The idea that people are crying about Superman and Wonder Woman not catching Harley Quinn instead of Wally and Poison Ivy getting confirmed dead is wild to me
    The arguments about power levels on the internet is serious business but Harley Quinn is not(and never has been for that matter) a serious character so all the complaints are gonna ever amount you are taking this way too seriously
    Wally and Ivy could still possibly be alive. Wally via Speed Force shenanigans and Ivy via Plant powers(she can create a new body from vegetation/plant life).

Harley Quinn beating the Trinity isn't really important.What's important is who pulled this off and for what purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Sanctuary feels dumb because the concept is being horribly misused. If King, Didio and whoever were competent, Sanctuary could be used as a way to rehabilitate characters who got screwed over and possibly retool some characters into better versions of themselves. Instead they use it for a bad murder mystery and character assasination(literally and figuratively)
    This!
    The Sanctuary concept would’ve been such an interesting and challenging storyline itself, but this massacre/murder mystery stuff dumped it down.

Was DC afraid to let the Sanctuary concept stand on it’s own? Were they thinking readers wouldn’t be interested if there wouldn’t kill of fan favorite characters?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    This!
    The Sanctuary concept would’ve been such an interesting and challenging storyline itself, but this massacre/murder mystery stuff dumped it down.

Was DC afraid to let the Sanctuary concept stand on it’s own? Were they thinking readers wouldn’t be interested if there wouldn’t kill of fan favorite characters?
    I think certain high ups saw a wonderful opportunity to rid themselves of fan favorites that they themselves did not enjoy -- so tough luck to those fans.

Also (having seen some images from the book) am flabberga... well, no.... am rolling my eyes at the Trinity being outmaneuvered by Harley. Am now wondering if this whole thing is a Bobby Ewing in Dallas shower dream.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

King wants to tell a story about mental health issues and superheroics
    Superheroes is not a serious concept
    Mental health issues are
    Which premise is being devalued? It can't be the issues the characters are dealing with
    He is not telling a story about the logic that exists on the internet or what characters need to be written like
    If anything this story is tailored to Harley Quinn and Booster because neither character has very much regard for the world they operate in
    How so with Booster? Just because he's not a grim and depressing character?

Astonishing Member

King wants to tell a story about mental health issues and superheroics
    Superheroes is not a serious concept
    Mental health issues are
    Which premise is being devalued? It can't be the issues the characters are dealing with
    He is not telling a story about the logic that exists on the internet or what characters need to be written like
    If anything this story is tailored to Harley Quinn and Booster because neither character has very much regard for the world they operate in

But lets not argue about that this is essentially the same argument that happened when Selina beat the Flashes
    The premise isn't devalued because superheroes aren't a serious concept, Its devalued because the story IS NOT focused on mental health. If Sanctuary was done right, Harley Quinn and some other characters who have legitimate issues would be getting treatment and the story would focus on their recovery/return to sanity.

Instead we have a murder mystery that mentions the 'mental health' issues of characters(some of who never had mental issues, see Superman and whatever WW was babbling about).

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I wonder if Harley being able to getaway from the big 3 was more of the use of her tools in psychology and working with superhumans to get in a position to be able to buy herself some time to get away. However her getting out of range of Supes and Diana is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The premise isn't devalued because superheroes aren't a serious concept, Its devalued because the story IS NOT focused on mental health. If Sanctuary was done right, Harley Quinn and some other characters who have legitimate issues would be getting treatment and the story would focus on their recovery/return to sanity.

Instead we have a murder mystery that mentions the 'mental health' issues of characters(some of who never had mental issues, see Superman and whatever WW was babbling about).
    and you never knew about it until now because like Superman said his image( and many other heroes) is to convey strength and not look weak.
    What he's talking about is essentially noting that on the outside you can convey strength but on the inside you have a lot of problems

Superman dealing with mental health issues is nothing new. Hell, one of the most famous Superman stories since crisis dealt with the concept- Superman: Exile. Plus, Superman's monologue points at a division in personality that people have been pointing out is inherent in the superhero concept for well over half a century. It's a topic well worth exploring. Ditto with Wonder Woman- her warrior upbringing would bring some unique baggage with it, especially coupled with the peace oriented parts of her personality.

Regarding the issue, I'm still of the opinion that if anyone thinks the big names are dead, they're falling for the oldest narrative trick in the book.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wait what? He challenged him to a fight straight to his face. It wasn't even a sucker punch
    As big an asshat as Guy was in those days, even he wouldn't use his ring to give him an unfair advantage over Batman. Guy intended to fight Bats man to man. The ring wouldn't protect him if he turns it off.

When Diana realizes that Harley outsmarted Batman, Superman and her.

BANNED

Oh please Batman walkthrough people he has no business touching on aa daily basis. He's in like 8 titles at any given moment.

He just left a guy with a broken neck for dead in the snow one or two weeks ago.

Outside of Bronze Tiger and Harley Quinn there are very few characters with legit wins over Bruce. Even Bane had to tire him out and mess with his head.
    Bronze Tiger doesn't have any win over Batman legit or otherwise.

BANNED

wait what? He challenged him to a fight straight to his face. It wasn't even a sucker punch
    Doesn't contradict any part of my post.