Page 1 of 215 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Default “Heroes in Crisis” Limited Series by Tom King & Clay Mann to Start in September

It’s a 7 part limited series, with the first issue coming out on September 26th.

From the EW article:
    “Due in September, Heroes in Crisis will mark the introduction of Sanctuary, a crisis center established by the Trinity that uses Kryptonian technology, Amazonian mysticism, and Bruce Wayne’s money to help “superheroes who spend their lives fighting villainy and protecting others.” Created by King, a former counterterrorism operations officer with the CIA, Sanctuary and the limited series reflect his ongoing interest in exploring the consequences of violence on those involved. This theme has been present in almost everything he has written, including Batman (see the I Am trilogy, Kite Man, or how Batman’s relationship with Catwoman asks whether happiness is possible for the Dark Knight), Omega Men, and Mister Miracle (which begins with its titular hero attempting suicide).”

Link to full article here: http://ew.com/books/2018/06/13/batma...sis-sanctuary/
    1B4DBFC9-2A1E-4C0A-9E7F-D969624F41DC.jpg
    EDIT: More info
    2A0D2FA9-E313-4BCA-A8C8-772489315B10.jpg
    Last edited by DamianWayne1; 06-14-2018 at 06:51 AM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Is that Power Girl all the way in the back?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I hate that Booster is front and center after the way King butchered his character when he used him in Batman. King got Booster so wrong on every level, and just did it to set up this story.

BANNED

Normally I'd like this concept, but if that cover is representative of who the main focuses of the book are going to be, it's going to be primarily about white A-listers and characters previously without trauma who King changed and/or butchered.

Hard pass.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Is it a therapy service for DC superheroes?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Another crisis.

I guess BleedingCool was right
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Is that Power Girl all the way in the back?
    Yes.I wonder what happened to make her traumatized.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Normally I'd like this concept, but if that cover is representative of who the main focuses of the book are going to be, it's going to be primarily about white A-listers and characters previously without trauma who King changed and/or butchered.

Hard pass.
    The same characters who we read about since the new 52, I'm bored of it.

This feels like a spiritual sequel to Identity Crisis and that could be...bad. Otherwise it focuses on an idea I was always curious about. Heroes having professional support after traumatic events.

dfsfsdfsd.jpg

DickKori is back ?
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Well does this answer the cryptic Crisis event story? Other than that I'm cool with this and would like to see how it plays out.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-13-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

This would be a good concept for an alternate superhero universe, one that had a plan for a finite end.

But when you're talking about an ongoing, serialized superhero universe, the idea that these heroes would start reflecting too hard on what they're doing and the consequences of their life choices, it seems like a thread you don't really want to tug on.

If any of these heroes really wanted to step back and consider the life of violence they choose to led, the only answer to getting healthy is for them to stop being vigilantes, take off their costumes, and stop spending their days and nights beating the sh*t out of people.

Being a superhero isn't equivalent to being a policeman or solider - if you put it up to any serious analysis, it's a sickness, not a public service.

Bruce Wayne doesn't have to dress like a bat and fight criminals, much less encourage and train children to do the same. It's a concept that only really works in a fantasy universe where putting on costumes and solving problems with your fists is not looked on as an insane decision. But the more real you try to make that world and the more you try and apply real world psychology to these characters, the more of a nutcase Bruce and other heroes begin to look.

It's different with someone gifted with godlike abilities like Superman. But for any street level hero, any kind of therapy that doesn't move them towards an end goal of giving up doing what they're doing seems absurd.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    dfsfsdfsd.jpg

DickKori is back ?
    from the writer who prefers dick and babs, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Yes.I wonder what happened to make her [Power Girl] traumatized.
    Well, she did lose her whole universe (Pre-COIE Earth-Two), and saw her cousin (Kal-L) get punched to death by Superboy Prime.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The same characters who we read about since the new 52, I'm bored of it.
    Let's be fair if the familiar characters we all know was not at the forefront this series might not sell.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he