Page 184 of 215 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3211

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    No he has the memories of the previous wally pre flashpoint this wally was erased from history in the new 52 and recently came back because of speedforce hijinks
    I mean he is physically much younger again this isn't hard
    reminds me of obito from naruto having this perfect image of the rin he knew from childhood well into his adulthood.
    When entering the New 52 universe he was changed, just as Barry was changed when he showed up in the New 52 universe at the end of Flashpoint. So at the very point he "re-entered" the universe he fell victim to the effects of the changed that had caused the New 52 universe to be different. In his case he ended up having years removed from his timeline like everyone else which made him younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Not giving up hope until # 9 drops.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    People said the same about 8, you're just hurting yourself at this point. This is how it is going to be, get used to it.

For those who hated Heroes in Crisis 8:

If Wally does manage to survive his own suicide and join the Suicide Squad, will this somehow lessen the anger you feel about this issue?

Mighty Member

I don't read Flash. Can someone give me a clue what is going on with Linda not remembering him? Is there a New 52/Rebirth Linda Park running around who doesn't remember meeting/dating/being married to Wally West?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The reason I ask: Wally mentions in one of the previous issues about how he would travel back in time and watch their wedding. Does he mean he did that before he re-entered the universe in Rebirth? Or could he travel back in time to when he was married, but as he comes forward, she has some amnesia about it?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    If Wally does manage to survive his own suicide and join the Suicide Squad, will this somehow lessen the anger you feel about this issue?
    Personally, I'd say no. It won't change my feelings on this issue. Wally's death we already knew about from issue 1 so that's not what makes me dislike this issue.

Astonishing Member

I'm not angry, I'm just confused at how any of this got past the editors. Wally on Suicide Squad could be interesting but with the way DC is doing business right now, Wally will most likely be the first person on the new roster to die.

It would be best to have Wally 'die' and stay in limbo. Then revive him later on without explanation and NEVER reference the events of HIC again. Also bring back everyone who died there too.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I don't read Flash. Can someone give me a clue what is going on with Linda not remembering him? Is there a New 52/Rebirth Linda Park running around who doesn't remember meeting/dating/being married to Wally West?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The reason I ask: Wally mentions in one of the previous issues about how he would travel back in time and watch their wedding. Does he mean he did that before he re-entered the universe in Rebirth? Or could he travel back in time to when he was married, but as he comes forward, she has some amnesia about it?
    He would not be able to go back there and watch their wedding after entering the New 52 universe, so the right thing for him to have said would be: "I used to go back sometimes..."

Always Rakzo

No.

If Wally was simply dead that could be solved with a classic resurrection a couple of years after.

What happened here was character destruction and it will require A LOT MORE than that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Is there a New 52/Rebirth Linda Park running around who doesn't remember meeting/dating/being married to Wally West?
    Yeah, it's established in DCU Rebirth that she doesn't remember Wally in this timeline because they haven't met yet. But during the first arc of Titans, she is involved in things and Abra Kadabra essentially implies the two of them are still destined to get together.

They end up forming a tentative friendship, but that got killed off-screen so Abnett could push the Wally/Donna relationship. Which, ironically, got killed itself as soon as it began by editorial. The funny thing is how Iris and Frances Kane can somehow regain their Pre-Flashpoint memories through Wally, but Linda can't.

The reason I ask: Wally mentions in one of the previous issues about how he would travel back in time and watch their wedding.
    I assumed he was simply using the simulation chamber to recreate it from his memories. I don't think any sort of time travel was involved. I could be mistaken, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    What is Hope like? I ran out a while back
    Wasn't "HOPE" what DC Universe: Rebirth was restoring to the DC Universe (nearly three years ago now)?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Yeah, it's established in DCU Rebirth that she doesn't remember Wally in this timeline because they haven't met yet. But during the first arc of Titans, she is involved in things and Abra Kadabra essentially implies the two of them are still destined to get together.

They end up forming a tentative friendship, but that got killed off-screen so Abnett could push the Wally/Donna relationship. Which, ironically, got killed itself as soon as it began by editorial. The funny thing is how Iris and Frances Kane can somehow regain their Pre-Flashpoint memories through Wally, but Linda can't.

I assumed he was simply using the simulation chamber to recreate it from his memories. I don't think any sort of time travel was involved. I could be mistaken, though.
    Thanks, that helps. I mean, it all sounds insane and suggests a severe disconnect in planning at DC, but it . . . makes some sense. Kind of. I think using Sanctuary to relive the memory does make sense - Wally who was married to Linda didn't really seem like someone who'd go back and watch the wedding rather than spend time with her, but Wally who re-entered the universe wouldn't have a wedding to travel back and see.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

No.

Not for the issue, not for the series, and specially not for the dumbass decision.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wasn't "HOPE" what DC Universe: Rebirth was restoring to the DC Universe (nearly three years ago now)?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Far from me from defending this, but ok:

OK, beyond the idea that Wally West was acting out of character, can someone explain exactly HOW he accomplished the following?

- How did Wally find all the billion scattered bits of data and piece them all back together? I understand that he could do it fast, but how did he do it at all? If it's deleted data that is still somehow on the Internet "in the cloud," how does he find the data, retrieve the data, piece it all together, and read it? Does he run inside the wiring of the computer networks of the world? I know the impossible is possible in comics, but this really isn't.
    Yeah, that was stupid on many levels, no argument there.

- How did Wally reprogram Sanctuary's VR to convince Harley and Booster that they were outside when they were still in their chambers? When did Wally acquire the necessary knowledge to reprogram computers?
    He could techinacally learn how to do it in a pico-second if he studied what was needed. He just can't retain that knowledge. (This is established both on Johns first run and Waid's second run)

- How did Wally make use of Booster's future tech to travel 5 days into the future? When did Wally acquire the necessary knowledge to understand future tech?
    He is an experienced time-traveller, being that both Iris (his aunt and mentor/mother figure) and Bart (his protege) are 31st century natives. Further, he has tinkered with the cosmic treadmill quite a bit.

He seems pretty smart for someone who had a breakdown and, by his own admission, is "not great with words." But he sure knows future time travel tech and advanced computer systems, eh?
    Wally is pretty smart, just not in an academic sense, and it's not something that he uses on his sleeve.The "not great with words" is OOC BS.

So, two things:

- Beyond Wally acting out of character, we should comment on how it was not possible for Wally to do what he did whether he was in character or not.
    Yup, that was crap.

- Forgetting about all the Z-listers killed in HIC, Wally's confession means that Roy Harper, one of Wally's best friends, is dead and that Wally killed him. And then tried to blame 2 other people for it.
    Yup, crap.

Beyond everyone being upset about Wally's demise and character assassination, we should also not forget about Roy, a B-list long-running character, who was killed dismissively in a crowd scene.
    Yeha... crap.

Given recent events happening to Dick Grayson and now the twofer of Wally and Roy, it is pretty clear than DiDio hates the Titans and is trolling their fans.
    Well... yeah. Not exactly news.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

If Tom King is to believed Didio had nothing to do with this from the Wally West standpoint. King is taking full credit for all of this, he says it was all his idea.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El