Page 50 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Oh I’m not talking fun in reading it, I’ve seen parts of it, I’m talking the fun of reactions to what happens
    I figured that but there is very little fun even in that. I will say this its nice to have social media to rant.
    I got to ask that has bothering me since soon after this book was announced. Why does it need to even be? Just another book to kill of heroes. Why introduce interesting idea for super heroes but ruin it before it even gets really introduce. I'm just trying to figure mentality and thinking goes into it. That done right with maybe characters went through trauma and have ptsd might be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I figured that but there is very little fun even in that. I will say this its nice to have social media to rant.
    I got to ask that has bothering me since soon after this book was announced. Why does it need to even be? Just another book to kill of heroes. Why introduce interesting idea for super heroes but ruin it before it even gets really introduce. I'm just trying to figure mentality and thinking goes into it. That done right with maybe characters went through trauma and have ptsd might be interesting.

General consensus afaik is King wanted to do a book about mental health but Didio turned it into Identity Crisis 2.0 so he could sell more books with shitty shock events such as "One of these fan favourites will die"

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    General consensus afaik is King wanted to do a book about mental health but Didio turned it into Identity Crisis 2.0 so he could sell more books with shitty shock events such as "One of these fan favourites will die"
    Identity Crisis the book that marked what I like to call dc's dark period. Where almost every year book its a event book where fan favorite dies. I know marvel does it too and I have complained a lot about them doing it too. Like I said mental health story could have been interesting done right. Sad that has become this. Its not shocking that much. Cliche to death. A lot older fans are just waiting to shoe to drop or if rumors are true. What is the point to care anymore anyway most likely death isn't going to stick for a long time.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 09-25-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Well spoilers are starting to drop
    I'm gonna try and go ghost til tomorrow
    wish we had got sanctuary mini series to explain what the hell this place is in the first place

Ultimate Member

Identity Crisis the book that marked what I like to call dc's dark period. Where almost every year book its a event book where fan favorite dies. I know marvel does it too and I have complained a lot about them doing it too. Like I said mental health story could have been interesting done right. Sad that has become this. Its not shocking that much. Cliche to death. A lot older fans are just waiting to shoe to drop or if rumors are true. What is the point to care anymore anyway most likely death isn't going to stick for a long time.
    The difference is here you got higher ups who have shown dislike in some form for the individuals that are rumor or do get killed.

And for years we have seen ONE FRANCHISE get ruined by this death march or bad writing. THAT is what is infuriating people. Why is it folks linked to Titans?

We don't get that feeling at Marvel (despite what some X-Men or Inhuman fans will say). Now it might take awhile for them to comeback-Hi Jean Grey-Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The difference is here you got higher ups who have shown dislike in some form for the individuals that are rumor or do get killed.

And for years we have seen ONE FRANCHISE get ruined by this death march or bad writing. THAT is what is infuriating people. Why is it folks linked to Titans?

We don't get that feeling at Marvel (despite what some X-Men or Inhuman fans will say). Now it might take awhile for them to comeback-Hi Jean Grey-Summers.
    I use to think the hate for titans wasn't real but become more and more obvious especially considering what recently happen to nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    wish we had got sanctuary mini series to explain what the hell this place is in the first place
    I thought somebody (don't remember who / where) said it was introduced at some point in King's regular Batman series?

(Since I try not to buy/read King's Batman, I can neither confirm nor deny that.)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought somebody (don't remember who / where) said it was introduced at some point in King's regular Batman series?

(Since I try not to buy/read King's Batman, I can neither confirm nor deny that.)
    It was teased in both his batman run and williamson's flash run. Think references may have also been said in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Why would we need to understand the place when you can just destroy it immediately?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It was teased in both his batman run and williamson's flash run. Think references may have also been said in other books.
    I don't read king's batman but I know it was teased as to where Wally was being sent to in Flash. Outside of the mentions not really been shown before to my knowledge.

In general I think it was a mistake to not introduce us to Sanctuary before this event. Yeah they name-dropped it a few times but I don't really see the necessity in keeping the facility itself a secret to the readers until this event. Indeed I think it would only benefit the story, seeing the place beforehand and how it functions. Seeing how it helps people. It could only help get people invested in regards to then seeing what atrocities happen there later.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In general I think it was a mistake to not introduce us to Sanctuary before this event. Yeah they name-dropped it a few times but I don't really see the necessity in keeping the facility itself a secret to the readers until this event. Indeed I think it would only benefit the story, seeing the place beforehand and how it functions. Seeing how it helps people. It could only help get people invested in regards to then seeing what atrocities happen there later.
    If the spoilers I've been reading are true then it won't matter at all anyway.

Pity Dan Didio when and spoiled what could have been an intriguing story and turned it into just another "I personally don't like that character and possess no spirit of tolerance-- kill'em."
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    If the spoilers I've been reading are true then it won't matter at all anyway.

Pity Dan Didio when and spoiled what could have been an intriguing story and turned it into just another "I personally don't like that character and possess no spirit of tolerance-- kill'em."
    It would have helped as the victims would have gotten SOME development and maybe saved some of them if the reaction was good enough.

It would have helped start up the talk about mental health and getting helped. Heck maybe it would have lead to a venture of DC working with mental help programs using comics.

Instead of this mess of get rid of who I don't like to keep Batman and friends young and give Wallace back the Wally name.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It would have helped as the victims would have gotten SOME development and maybe saved some of them if the reaction was good enough.

It would have helped start up the talk about mental health and getting helped. Heck maybe it would have lead to a venture of DC working with mental help programs using comics.

Instead of this mess of get rid of who I don't like to keep Batman and friends young and give Wallace back the Wally name.
    It waste of interesting concept. You want say they will reopen would any hero return their after what happen. You won't feel secure. Place like you want to feel secure. Its been taken away.
    Nothing personal I will never call New 52 Kid Flash (second one technically) Wally. If he was named anything else I give him a shot.

I don't read king's batman but I know it was teased as to where Wally was being sent to in Flash. Outside of the mentions not really been shown before to my knowledge.
    It's really just "this place exists and if you are troubled go there". Which you learn from the marketing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics