Page 101 of 215 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3211
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If true, what a terrible commentary on superheroes. Now, I'm curious to know if Alan Moore is reading this.
    Which part do you disagree with? Do you think well adjusted people (even within the context of the DCU) do the things costumed individuals do? Hiding out in clubhouses and punching problems are not mature acts imo. Someone with the intelligence of Superman or Batman could do a lot more for humanity with their brains than their fists, but they put their underwear on over their tights and wear capes instead. I love all that stuff but it's also ridiculous. In a story where we're looking at them as though they are real humans, I don't know why they would have nuanced and sophisticated ways of treating their issues. They're doing what they always do, which is repeating the same behavior expecting a different outcome. They are denying that death should play a part in their lives and that they will have to process their grief in a healthy way. They are applying superhero logic to superhero problems.

Probably a simulation within a simulation type deal. Wally really was killed whilst inside it, but it wasn't Harley that did it. In fact I could see a situation where the real killer managed to put them ALL in a simulation, and then systematically murdered them in that state and staged the whole crime scene.

IOW, a little Rick and Morty. A little Inception. A little Nightmare on Elm Street.

Wally's still dead, so I don't expect anyone who hates that to say "Oooh, cool theory", but I just don't buy that anything we're seeing memory-wise right now is reliable.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Y'know people say the JSA should be in their own universe distinct from the main DCU, but when you see how often the Titans generation or team are treated or used as cannon fodder, you could easily make an argument for why they should have their own Earth.

It would probably at least do Wally a lot of good to be The Flash on his own Earth instead of... this.

If true, what a terrible commentary on superheroes. Now, I'm curious to know if Alan Moore is reading this.
    In part, this is the theme of Watchmen - how much of an oddity a superhero would be in the real world.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    In part, this is the theme of Watchmen - how much of an oddity a superhero would be in the real world.
    For sure... The idea of "what if superheroes were REALLY REAL" isn't new, but King is taking that idea in a specific direction, in examining how heroes would deal with grief and what their ideas of therapy would be. Even looking at who would be willing to accept any kind of psychological help in the first place, and who would shun it altogether.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

So we not gonna talk about somebody seemingly moving the bodies between where they died and where the trinity found them?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know people say the JSA should be in their own universe distinct from the main DCU, but when you see how often the Titans generation or team are treated or used as cannon fodder, you could easily make an argument for why they should have their own Earth.

It would probably at least do Wally a lot of good to be The Flash on his own Earth instead of... this.
    An Earth where Dick's generation were the JL and the Titans were up and coming heroes would be so cool. Unfortunately, DC is into killing characters off for shock value and pretending to be deep right now.

King's problem is that he loves his trauma motif but has no idea how to have characters overcome their trauma and improve themselves. Going by how Mr. Miracle ended, I think that King believes that the only way to escape trauma is to submit to escapism and ignore reality.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

You nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Love this idea. It shouldn't really have to come to this. Part of the beauty of DC is the legacies interaction and families. But with Didios messed up mentality I think this is necessary. It doesn't look like he is changing anytime soon.

I like the Titans generation better than the JL Gen anyways. (Except for Superman)

Nightwing over Batman. Wally over Barry. Donna over Wonder Woman. Tempest over Aquaman. And even Arsenal over GA. So this would work for me.

Especially as a Wally fan I would have the peace of mind that Didio won't feel so insecure over Wally and leave him alone.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Well, he already said that both protagonists, Harley and Booster, were DC picks. He also said DC sent a list of characters to kill.

So yeah, maybe he is at fault about the "hows", to a degree. But this still has Didio's signature all over it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

This murder mystery has "fishy" written all up into it. Fishy robots, sure. Fishy Speedster causes of death. Fishy locations of the bodies. Harley Quinn shouldn't be able to get much over on Supes, Wondy, Bats, or Flash, on a good day, nevermind all of them in one story. It's the HiC version of Deathstroke beating the whole Justice League in IC, frankly. But that's exactly why it's so suspicious.

I think in spite of most of these deaths being deaths, our most likely candidates for some shenanigans and cop-outs are naturally Flash and Ivy. That much seems obvious.

The one that hits me is weirdly Caveboy because he just got good use in Titan Hunt, and I kinda really liked seeing him - plus him and Roy biting it in the same story seemed a little brutal. (See also Wally, but Wally's about as dead as Bruce Wayne.)

What was the other bit?

Oh right ... freaking last panel and Tom Tresser NEMESIS is there out of the blue. That's not conspicuous at all, from the guy who wrote "GRAYSON".
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I'm thinking Harley getting the best of the Trinity is a real event. Just an ill-advised and poorly written scene trying to showcase not only one of the stars of the series but also a very popular character, and King just reached, badly.

The rest? I could easily see lots and lots of distortion of reality.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This event should not be called Heroes in Crisis. It should be called slaughter of the Titans since 8 former Titans have been killed off here. I think this officially passes Infinite Crisis now as the biggest slaughter of Titans characters in DC history.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This event should not be called Heroes in Crisis. It should be called slaughter of the Titans
    Personally, I'd go with "Dan's Super Fun-House"
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I think Moore would say this is too dark and depressing of a message.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So we not gonna talk about somebody seemingly moving the bodies between where they died and where the trinity found them?
    Could also be miscommunication between the creative team.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics