Page 163 of 215 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3211

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm getting really sick of the Batman Who Laughs and I hope he stays contained in the Bat books.
    You have seen the previews for this year's DCU event, right..?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    You have seen the previews for this year's DCU event, right..?
    I didn't see previews, I just heard that it was called Year of the Villains....He's the one orchestrating this new event, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    People complaining about the lack of progress this issue have to realize that this was intended to be HiC Special #2 not HiC #7. It’s not supposed to further the plot, only address the emotional states of the characters there.
    Then why change it in the first place?!

https://www.cbr.com/king-explains-he...th-theme-hope/

This guy has got big brass balls I'll give him that.

What a load.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/king-explains-he...th-theme-hope/

This guy has got big brass balls I'll give him that.

What a load.
    There is no hope, unless this whole event is rectoned away with time travel.And judging by the ending of Mr.Miracle,King's idea of a happy ending/hope is rejecting reality and embracing escapism to live in a fake reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Well, this one was a complete waste of time.

For one, King for some reason decides to give part of the spotlight to Gnarrk (the Caveman Titan that I don't think anyone cares about) and makes his dialogue even more annoying than usual. Harley also gets a segment and works fine based on her relationships but is not better than what has been done in her own book (and was way funnier there). Finally, Wally continues to dwell into the loss of his family and I'm getting pretty tired of this, yes, this was part of his characterization post-Rebirth but it wasn't ALL what he was as this story wants to depict.

Worst of all, none of this segments progress the plot at all since they happen before the murders and don't offer anything new related to the investigation (aside from the possibility that Booster might actually be the culprit which I think is a huge misdirection). Was this book REALLY extended because of this? Because the story could have gone perfectly fine without this one.

Art was good. Other than that? Not at all.
    I care about Gnarrk and watching him hold the Protector as they die with Wally holding Roy's bloody lifeless corpse seriously made me physically shudder. I hate this, I hate what this book is doing. I can't even tell what this book wants to be. I'm sick and tired of watching Titans die in horrible ways.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, DC really enjoys killing off Titans, don't they?

At this point it won't be low sales but killing or degrading every major member of the Titans brand that kills the franchise.
    That's what has been killing the franchise for years at this point. Pointless retreads of old stories and killing everything that came before. That's DC's attitude towards these characters.

F*** this. What's the point of this? Constantly killing does what exactly for DC?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Can't believe Garth isn't dead, yet...
    Especially with Kaldur'ahm waiting in the wings.

My money's on him to be the next Titan Death.
    Garth was lucky since he got to die during Blackest Night and killing him again would be too recent. I like him and Lilith together but I really miss Dolphin and his son. 4 out of the Fab Five have all died now and have dead kids. This is awful.

Can't believe Garth isn't dead, yet...
    Especially with Kaldur'ahm waiting in the wings.

My money's on him to be the next Titan Death.
    The next Titan would probably be an older member like Red Star or maybe another deep cut like Bushido. I feel like Garth might be safer for now because of the Aquaman movie. DC might want to hold onto their Atlanteans.
    Last edited by byrd156; 02-27-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Heroes In Crisis has reached the levels of "how not to do a false promise of DC Rebirth after the mistakes of New 52 but doing the same problems again"

That's like putting a band aid on a fucking shotgun blast wound that will still bleeding itself.

Didio and King is doing a middle finger to it's reader and loyal fanbase bullshit decisions like this and it's tragedy right now.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Remember in 52 how Booster faked his death? He brought in a dead body from further along in his timeline and used that to fake his death and preserve his alternate identity as Supernova. I wonder if Wally's body being from the future (albeit 5 days) might be a similar thing - he (and maybe the rest of the Titans) have had his (their) death(s) faked* for some other reason. Obviously, 5 days in the future is not much, so it's not an airtight hypothesis, but one can do anything with sufficiently inconsistent time travel rules (c.f. CW's The Flash).

*passive voice because I have no idea who is doing the faking
    Thanks for reminding me of a better book I should be reading right now. Gonna go read 5 and save my sanity.

Mighty Member

I know that this book want to be deep, thought-provoking, divisive... But for me it's just dull. His opposition of Hobbs and Jean Jacques Rousseau is interesting ( A 9th grade thesis) but not on the sixth issue of a mainstream event. The last five issues are like one big interlude, who go nowhere until, maybe, the end. And for a comic about therapy and ptsd, it's so nihilistic...

It's just pretentious. I really hope that Tom King is not becoming too self-indulging, because I usually love his writing.
    Last edited by lordozone; 02-27-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Hotspot and Tattooed Man are so effing wasted. So much can be done with both them.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Hotspot and Tattooed Man are so effing wasted. So much can be done with both them.
    Not just them, all the dead are wasted. And for what?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I didn't see previews, I just heard that it was called Year of the Villains....He's the one orchestrating this new event, isn't he?
    He's taking the main spotlight...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.