Page 202 of 215 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3211
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Sales don’t equal a good story though. And good numbers depends on how you look at it. The last big event was Metal and I don’t think it’s pulling down those same numbers. I’d have to actually do the research to verify that though.
    I did half a minute of research - Metal issue 4 (of 6) sold 152K copies and 5 sold 149K in the months in which they were released.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I have a suspicion that the Wally that made the confession was Nemesis in disguise.
    Is that why Mitch Gerads was making a plea to fans that everything they had Wally do they thought was in character for Wally?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I did half a minute of research - Metal issue 4 (of 6) sold 152K copies and 5 sold 149K in the months in which they were released.
    Half a minute more than I was willing to do but it proves my point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yet, it's still selling in good numbers!
    It certainly hasn't been the disaster some are trying to sell it as.
    Quality of a story does not matter if you are dealing with a book that stores have NO ISSUE ordering copies upon copies. Especially when we talk about events with certain writers.

Do you know how many events I have seen pack BINS to the point you could get the ENTIRE run for 50-90% off the cover price.

My store did 25 cent books for Free Comic Book Day-Doomsday Clock was there in BULK. Issue #9 came out in MARCH-it was there.
    I saw this same mess with Civil War 2, Secret Empire & Inhumans vs X-Men as well.

All Dc cares about is book sold to stores.

I can't disagree. I think DC has been pretty lucky in the fact Marvel don't really seem to have their **** together either at the moment.
    Marvel is still dominating DC in terms of sales. Hulk is outselling Batman right now (and rightfully so because Al Ewing is writing a modern masterpiece on that title), but If I’m DC that is unacceptable.
    If it was NOT for Batman-Marvel would be TANNING the hide of DC Comics. Mind you Hickman's X-Men relaunch has yet to happen and that Thor event is starting up.

DC's issue is the negative is burying the good stuff. Marvel is not having that issue and like I said about you can EXPECT all those 1000 one shots and the X-Men event to be in PLENTIFUL supply this summer.

So Dc is going to have a BAD summer because too much stuff is coming out and you got too many upset fans who are looking elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Quality of a story does not matter if you are dealing with a book that stores have NO ISSUE ordering copies upon copies. Especially when we talk about events with certain writers.

Do you know how many events I have seen pack BINS to the point you could get the ENTIRE run for 50-90% off the cover price.

My store did 25 cent books for Free Comic Book Day-Doomsday Clock was there in BULK. Issue #9 came out in MARCH-it was there.
    I saw this same mess with Civil War 2, Secret Empire & Inhumans vs X-Men as well.

All Dc cares about is book sold to stores.
    This is true of both DC and Marvel.

The #1 selling book on Diamond isn't always the #1 selling book to readers.
    It's just the book that retailers are putting all their money on.
    Looking at the charts is like looking at all the bets made on a horse race before seeing the results. And then never seeing the results.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Fantastic Member

I wonder with that preview' is time going to be rewritten? I hope the ending is positive. If not, never mind King is off 'Batman' after #85, it will make me wish he wasn't on 'Heroes in Crisis' from #1 I'm hoping the Sun will come out tomorrow!?
    Last edited by Franny6422; 05-27-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Yikes. I know I shouldn't judge everything based on a preview, but this is not a direction I'm going to enjoy, and I've mostly kind of liked HiC (even if it's been slow moving). I know time travel isn't real, etc., etc., but this is dumb
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Premises for this finale are not encouraging, and watching two of my favorite on the confessional babbling something out of character is annoying.
    I still have some hope for Wally, none for Roy and Hot Spot and I'm a little worried for Guy and Tim.
    Save the final thoughts on this nefarious book for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Premises for this finale are not encouraging, and watching two of my favorite on the confessional babbling something out of character is annoying.
    I still have some hope for Wally, none for Roy and Hot Spot and I'm a little worried for Guy and Tim.
    Save the final thoughts on this nefarious book for tomorrow.
    But, isn't tomorrow Tuesday?

I though issue #9 wasn't coming out until Wednesday the 29th?

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, isn't tomorrow Tuesday?

I though issue #9 wasn't coming out until Wednesday the 29th?
    it's me I thought that today was already Tuesday

I guess this series proves, once more, that not everything that works in an indie comics works as well in mainstream. I mean, the whole murder mystery is, in theory, great, but the character assassination of established characters is way TOO much. People with strong personalities and self-images suddenly being shown as self-doubting wimps really damages any credibility and further development of the characters. Appearently the lesson was not learned with Identity Crisis (which, while I don't hate as much as a lot of people do, is ripe with the same problems as this book, starting with the whole idea of a tight super-hero comunity). Well, from the get go, I could tell I was not going to enjoy this very much.

Peace

Astonishing Member

The murder mystery is maybe the most poorly executed part of it.

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised that they remembered Kole exists.

I took another look at the booth sessions. This one had one-third women (which is a decent figure), but when I look at what they say, two of them are really talking about their relation to a man. So I took a closer look at every single-character booth session in all the issues but #8 (which is really an extended Wally booth session).

In total there were 22 single-person booth sessions.

Wally 4, Harley 2, Booster 2, and 14 heroes with a single one. 14 with men, and 8 with women. Looking at the individuals, we have 9 men and 7 women, so that's decent. But if we dig into what they are talking about, things change.

Harley spends one session talking about herself, and one about the Joker. Poison Ivy's session is interrupted by Harley. Women Woman talks about her relation to other people, and then declines therapy. Donna Troy talks her meta-narrative. Batgirl poses about The Killing Joke. Black Canary just leaves. Solstice spends her time trying to control her powers.

So out of a total of eight sessions, one and a half of them are spent around the character and their issues. Two are about the Joker. And the rest are basically aborted, except for Donna's very weird one.

The men's sessions are much more introspective: they talk about themselves and their issues. The only one who does any focus on relations to others is Wally, when he talks about Barry and his family, though Booster also talks a bit about his friendship with Blue Beetle.

So what to take of this? Mine is that Tom King can't seem to relate to female characters.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])