Page 203 of 215 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3211
    Astonishing Member

That's a problem with most comic writers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Where’d Ivy go when Wally gets hit by the Bug? Also:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...medium=ios_app
    Bleeding Cool Advanced and Spoiler Free review: Not that Good
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

Soooooo, yeah. This issue was bad. None have been good but this was just stupid and made zero sense. Tom King doesn’t understand how to use the tools that he tries to make integral to this story. The best part of this story is that it’s over. Now DC just needs to retcon it out of existence.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Soooooo, yeah. This issue was bad. None have been good but this was just stupid and made zero sense. Tom King doesn’t understand how to use the tools that he tries to make integral to this story. The best part of this story is that it’s over. Now DC just needs to retcon it out of existence.
    Can you spoile it please ?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    This is true of both DC and Marvel.

The #1 selling book on Diamond isn't always the #1 selling book to readers.
    It's just the book that retailers are putting all their money on.
    Looking at the charts is like looking at all the bets made on a horse race before seeing the results. And then never seeing the results.
    I would say looking in the bins around my city-it's more Dc Rebirth than Marvel now.

I would say the more recent issue of Marvel I have seen in bins was the last arc for X-Men Gold, last arc for Runaways, Miles Morales #2 & Fantastic Four #3. DC way too many books from August 2018 to March 2019.

Especially Superman & Titans franchise.

I guess this series proves, once more, that not everything that works in an indie comics works as well in mainstream. I mean, the whole murder mystery is, in theory, great, but the character assassination of established characters is way TOO much. People with strong personalities and self-images suddenly being shown as self-doubting wimps really damages any credibility and further development of the characters. Appearently the lesson was not learned with Identity Crisis (which, while I don't hate as much as a lot of people do, is ripe with the same problems as this book, starting with the whole idea of a tight super-hero comunity). Well, from the get go, I could tell I was not going to enjoy this very much.
    To be fair in indies you are not dealing with management agenda towards certain characters.

Savage Dragon at Image could get away with this story as that book has shown different universes way too many times. So it would work.

Milestone could as they do have a person who could flashback in time.

Wrong Earth, Lion Forge and others could do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I guess this series proves, once more, that not everything that works in an indie comics works as well in mainstream. I mean, the whole murder mystery is, in theory, great, but the character assassination of established characters is way TOO much. People with strong personalities and self-images suddenly being shown as self-doubting wimps really damages any credibility and further development of the characters. Appearently the lesson was not learned with Identity Crisis (which, while I don't hate as much as a lot of people do, is ripe with the same problems as this book, starting with the whole idea of a tight super-hero comunity). Well, from the get go, I could tell I was not going to enjoy this very much.

Peace
    Great ideas don't equal great stories. Execution trumps everything in storytelling. HiC is such a waste.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Where’d Ivy go when Wally gets hit by the Bug? Also:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...medium=ios_app
    Bleeding Cool Advanced and Spoiler Free review: Not that Good
    Surprised Pikachu face

Has it been mentioned how long Sanctuary has been running in the main story or any of its tie-ins? 5 years comes to mind, but I only remember reading about it from other sources. Was it in the first issue?

Astonishing Member

There is no time table given for how long Sanctuary has been active. The most we know is it's been at least a few months given Lagoon Boy's confessional, but that's only its minimum and it presumably has been functioning longer. It's out of place because it has obviously never been mentioned or alluded to and yet is so critically important to the superhero community.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There is no time table given for how long Sanctuary has been active. The most we know is it's been at least a few months given Lagoon Boy's confessional, but that's only its minimum and it presumably has been functioning longer. It's out of place because it has obviously never been mentioned or alluded to and yet is so critically important to the superhero community.
    Huh, so there is no timetable in the story itself? I did a little digging to see if I could find the 'other sources' I mentioned and found these links:
    https://www.newsarama.com/40382-hero...ry-inside.html
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...e-to-sanctuary
    Newsrama explicitly credits King for a "Heroes In Crisis: A Sanctuary Fact Sheet", so I'm guessing it is or was supposed to be 5 years via WOG. If that's the case I'm surprised it never was mentioned in the story itself.

Sanctuary itself confuses me, especially with #9's preview. I'm trying to sort out my thoughts on it.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Well its nice to see Kole alive and its REALLY nice to see Mademoiselle Marie again. Loved her from Checkmate.

Dove sounds plausible. Hawk is a effing headache.

Poor Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Well its nice to see Kole alive and its REALLY nice to see Mademoiselle Marie again. Loved her from Checkmate.

Dove sounds plausible. Hawk is a effing headache.

Poor Tim.
    I would think Hawk would be there more than Dove would.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I would think Hawk would be there more than Dove would.
    True. He really has a lot of stuff eating at him.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    True. He really has a lot of stuff eating at him.
    Don's death and Dawn being his replacement is already a boat load to deal with.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Wow. I see the writing is as terrible as ever.

"My name is Firestorm. My head is on fire. So that's like a thing."

Yuk, yuk, hee-larios. You've done it again King.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake