Page 209 of 215 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3211

Well, I’m glad I didn’t spend a penny on this series.

What the hell was that.

What I found weird about the finale was Booster's solution to it all.

I'm ok with needing to close the time loop. A similar explanation was used back in Zero Hour 25 years ago.

The part that I think was not touched upon was the fact that they cloned 5-Day Later Wally to use as the dead body that was placed at the murder scene.

BUT THAT IS ALSO A MURDER!

In order for Booster's plan to work, Wally's clone had to be killed.

Is Tom King saying that because it's a clone, it doesn't matter?

So, if a hero decides to kill Kon-El, it wouldn't matter because Kon is a clone of Superman and Lex?

I don't think the other heroes would agree. So, why did everyone agree to it, and why is Booster Gold not in jail alongside Wally instead of laughing on the couch with Blue Beetle?

I really think that Tom King is an overrated writer who writes awkward emo-junk that some fans mistake for profound existentialism. It might have flown with C-listers like Vision and Mr. Miracle, but when that style is applied to Batman and Wally West and other top characters, the cracks in the foundation really show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Is Tom King saying that because it's a clone, it doesn't matter?
    I thought about this afterward, but I just decided that whatever cloning technology they used did not "create life" and to be honest, this is not uncommon to see clones as not mattering, or at least being lifeless husks often requiring the transfer of consciousness to be made real.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I thought about this afterward, but I just decided that whatever cloning technology they used did not "create life" and to be honest, this is not uncommon to see clones as not mattering, or at least being lifeless husks often requiring the transfer of consciousness to be made real.
    if it is only a lifeless body...It still messed up but can be overlooked

The whole clone business just smacks of either last-second changes or literary malpractice.

- I can kinda-sorta buy the "Barry and Bruce can't detect a corpse that's five days older than it should be" business, but "Barry and Bruce can't detect that a corpse is a clone that has never had a conscious thought?" That's one heavy idiot ball they've latched onto.
    - Is the younger Wally still running around framing Harley and Booster? Why?
    - As others have pointed out, if you can make 25th century corpses that are good enough to fool Bruce and Barry, maybe you could, I dunno, use them to save all the other people you accidentally killed.

I can't wait for this to get retconned away - preferably in an insulting, hand-wavy fashion.

Well, Kon-El was created without any transfer of consciousness from Superman and Lex. Superman was dead at the time, and Lex (who was a clone himself at the time) didn't even know that Kon had any connection to him until Geoff Johns retconned Kon's backstory for his Teen Titans series.

But assuming the clone was "never alive," is a never-alive clone and a was-alive-now-dead body the same thing as far as the scientific abilities of Batman and Barry Allen are concerned?

Also, I didn't read all the issues of this -- just 1, 8, and 9. So, if everyone thought either Booster or Harley did the killing, was it ever addressed how come Wonder Woman didn't use her lasso on them to find out the truth? The lasso would have revealed that BOTH were telling the truth, which would have immediately kickstarted a real investigation into everything.

Mighty Member

Ok, now that I have read the end of this event, I can call it: it's worse than Cry for Justice. I never thought it would be humanly possible. Congratulation DC, you outdid yourself.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post

I can't wait for this to get retconned away - preferably in an insulting, hand-wavy fashion.
    In Doomsday Clock #12, on a board where we can read « don’t worry about Heroes in Crisis ».

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    was it ever addressed how come Wonder Woman didn't use her lasso on them to find out the truth? The lasso would have revealed that BOTH were telling the truth, which would have immediately kickstarted a real investigation into everything.
    She did, on Booster at least since he was in custody (Harley actually used the lasso on Batman in order to escape) and it was determined that he was telling the truth, or at least he believed he was telling the truth, and they were already in a real investigation as Batman and Flash come to conflicting conclusions.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    In Doomsday Clock #12, on a board where we can read « don’t worry about Heroes in Crisis ».
    That be hilarious if something close to this even happens.

As posted in the other HiC thread, how would you feel if this story became one of WB's direct to video DC animated movies?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

This event was so bad that it makes war of the realms look like a masterpiece of writing. I don't remember a worse event since original sin (Aaron again, lol).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As posted in the other HiC thread, how would you feel if this story became one of WB's direct to video DC animated movies?
    Considering that most of their movies are terrible, Heroes In Crisis would be perfect for them to adapt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think if they did, they would move away from the theme of dealing with trauma, maybe just make Sanctuary a secret hospital for physically wounded heroes, and maybe avoid the weird source of the body, but still use the idea of some bad incident that Wally et al try to fix with time travel without causing a Flashpoint.

Extraordinary Member

Reiterating what I said in the other thread, this event was so bad that it makes Identity Crisis look like freakin' Shakespeare. And even though I actually kind of liked Identity Crisis, I can recognize some of the character issues with that story.

I had actual high hopes for this series, hoping that it would at least do something to restore Wally's place in the DCU. But, man was I wrong.