Page 211 of 215 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215 LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3211

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is not as complex as you might think. Wally was going to kill his future self (suicide) in order to make everyone think he was dead so he could have five days to let everyone know about Sanctuary. He never does that, ever. For two reasons: Booster comes up with the clone idea, and old Wally convinces him he can get through the trauma.
    Which accessorizes Booster in some way.

Forgive me.
    I'm still trying to make sense of it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    If you go with what interviews have suggested, he wrote a plot without characters and was then told to use certain people in certain roles.

As such, he isnt totally to blame for certain aspects.
    That depends on if he gave them a complete script of the entire series or not.

If all he gave was say the first 1st issue-you would still have time to fit in the proper characterizations for everyone.
    Otherwise all someone did in editorial was dump folks into roles.

No way on EARTH Superman nor the public would allow this place to stay open after all the deaths.
    No way would the SONS of Batman nor his WOMAN be allowed to visit this place after all the deaths. Nor Clark would allow Supergirl or Guardian.

Anyone else notice something? Excluding Batwoman, Batwing, Azrael, Harper Row, Huntress & Duke Thomas-a lot of Bat family members were there.
    Interesting the Outsiders MINUS Duke were there. Isn't DUKE having the mental issues right now in the Bat Office?

Hal, Guy, Kyle & Jessica??? Really? Nice to see a collection of potential folks get reduce to cheap cameos.

Where are the scenes of SOMEONE from the hero community showing SOME respect and regard to the victims??
    Not guys laughing at the tv in an apartment.
    Those folks don't matter??? So the parents of Hotspot & Eddie & Solstice are suppose to just accept their dead kids?

Because if Wally could go back in time couldn't he have gone FURTHER to prevent everything?

To me this smells like King wrote this story and handed it to the editors and they did the rest.

If this is the case King is not to fully blame-MANAGEMENT is.

If this is the new standard of write the story and DUMP whoever you want in it-that EXPLAINS a lot.

I bet you anything this will be completely written out of canon within the next 3 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    I bet you anything this will be completely written out of canon within the next 3 or so years.
    Well, there is a rumor of a Crisis next year...
    A real one.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

They only do that for characters they like.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

If I took all the bets from all the people who said this over the last 13 years I'd be Jeff Beezos boss at this point (or, alternatively, I'd be owed a lot of money).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That depends on if he gave them a complete script of the entire series or not.

If all he gave was say the first 1st issue-you would still have time to fit in the proper characterizations for everyone.
    Otherwise all someone did in editorial was dump folks into roles.

No way on EARTH Superman nor the public would allow this place to stay open after all the deaths.
    No way would the SONS of Batman nor his WOMAN be allowed to visit this place after all the deaths. Nor Clark would allow Supergirl or Guardian.

Anyone else notice something? Excluding Batwoman, Batwing, Azrael, Harper Row, Huntress & Duke Thomas-a lot of Bat family members were there.
    Interesting the Outsiders MINUS Duke were there. Isn't DUKE having the mental issues right now in the Bat Office?

Hal, Guy, Kyle & Jessica??? Really? Nice to see a collection of potential folks get reduce to cheap cameos.

Where are the scenes of SOMEONE from the hero community showing SOME respect and regard to the victims??
    Not guys laughing at the tv in an apartment.
    Those folks don't matter??? So the parents of Hotspot & Eddie & Solstice are suppose to just accept their dead kids?

Because if Wally could go back in time couldn't he have gone FURTHER to prevent everything?

To me this smells like King wrote this story and handed it to the editors and they did the rest.

If this is the case King is not to fully blame-MANAGEMENT is.

If this is the new standard of write the story and DUMP whoever you want in it-that EXPLAINS a lot.
    So what, you're saying the story would be better if it was some other hero that slaughtered a dozen capes? The thing is, this whole story was King's brainchild. They handed him permission for certain characters after he approached them with his idea.

In the end, the story was a failure in my eyes. Substituting other heroes for the slaughter instead of Wally and company would not have changed that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Ok, now that I have read the end of this event, I can call it: it's worse than Cry for Justice. I never thought it would be humanly possible. Congratulation DC, you outdid yourself.
    I'm gonna say it was worse than Amazon Attack as well.

So, I have a couple questions. I think I might've gotten a little confused towards the end:
    spoilers:
    They for some reason reopened Sanctuary after this incident, right? If so, were this issue's 'confessionals' meant to take place after Sanctuary reopened then?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    So, I have a couple questions. I think I might've gotten a little confused towards the end:
    spoilers:
    They for some reason reopened Sanctuary after this incident, right? If so, were this issue's 'confessionals' meant to take place after Sanctuary reopened then?
    end of spoilers
    They did. Who knows though. Also, did they secure them better this time or can another speedster run through the internet, reconstruct them, and release them to the press again? Who knows? Tom King doesn’t think things all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    I'm gonna say it was worse than Amazon Attack as well.
    Honestly this is even worse than Countdown I think. All those stories from Amazons Attack to Countdown to Cry for Justice are peak worst DC stories that are dumb, dark, way too long with nonsensical plot that were bad from the start. Heroes in Crisis had actual potential and that makes it even worse in my eyes, a good story/idea buried is much more disappointing because it had effort, it had really good art but it was also tone deaf, unintentionally mean-spirited, super depressing, and one of the most unenjoyable stories I have had the misfortune to read. There isn't a single person I can get behind or like in this story, everyone is ineffectual and babbles about nonsense.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, still pretty great villainy...
    Is that one airplane engine from the Incredibles a great villain too?

That one hero died on accident does that make it a villain?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Two words.

Absolute. ****.

That is all.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

So just out of curiosity as I just couldn’t follow this dumpster fire, was there ever a reason given for why Harley just randomly changed into her classic outfit and stayed in it for the rest of the event for no discernible reason?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Is that one airplane engine from the Incredibles a great villain too?

That one hero died on accident does that make it a villain?
    Did the airplane engine cover it up and fake its death afterwards? Because if it did, then yeah. Otherwise not so much...