Page 212 of 215 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215 LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3211

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Did the airplane engine cover it up and fake its death afterwards? Because if it did, then yeah. Otherwise not so much...
    We didn't see the rest of it's story so maybe. We'll never know.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    If you go with what interviews have suggested, he wrote a plot without characters and was then told to use certain people in certain roles.

As such, he isnt totally to blame for certain aspects.
    This twitter thread started by Saladin Ahmed might be of interest here:

most fans don't realize a HUGE part of which characters fight each other in monthly comics is determined by scheduling

it's like arranging playdates for supervillains
    A plot is likely not a complete work here, it's not even an outline. The plot is likely pitched to contain the main story beats and themes, but little about characters or backgrounds unless they are absolutely necessary for the plot. It's also something that nearly always gets adjusted to factor in the actual characters and environments used.

So I can't blame DC's editors for Tom King writing a dumpster fire. I can blame DC's editors for not discovering what a dumpster fire it was, not helping King fix it, and for publishing it.
    Last edited by kjn; 05-30-2019 at 08:06 AM. Reason: typo
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    This twitter thread started by Saladin Ahmed might be of interest here:
    Reading that twitter feed was seriously more fun and enjoyable than most of DC's entire output for this entire decade. But that's a low bar to hurdle, so....

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    They did. Who knows though. Also, did they secure them better this time or can another speedster run through the internet, reconstruct them, and release them to the press again? Who knows? Tom King doesn’t think things all the way through.
    Thank you. That seems pretty... dumb. Wasn't one of the points this issue that spoilers:
    Past Wally should talk about his trauma (to Ted, Barbara and the rest because they can relate)?
    end of spoilers Apparently then continuing to use the AI and self medicating is okay. That's the message I got got from that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So just out of curiosity as I just couldn’t follow this dumpster fire, was there ever a reason given for why Harley just randomly changed into her classic outfit and stayed in it for the rest of the event for no discernible reason?
    Not going to reread it (yet) but as I recall she found it at an old hideout when she was hiding from everyone.

Don‘t use Twitter, but I remember in the olden days you could have miniseries like HiC and, while not loved by everybody, it was mostly successful.
    Maybe editors back then worked more professionally.
    I can‘t imagine a Denny O‘Neil or Jim Shooter would‘ve greenlighted HiC.

I just finished reading and came here to also say it's terrible. So terrible I can't comprehend how it was allowed to exist, let alone allowed by multiple people at once. It's crazy when you think about it.

And now, a short play in three acts:

Act I
    Everyone: We seem to be missing some toys. We are sad.

Enter Geoff. He lifts a refrigerator about one inch, and quickly snatches a toy trapped underneath.

Geoff: Hey, everyone. I've managed to rescue this Beloved Toy from under the fridge.
    Everyone: Hooray!
    Geoff: Also, it looks like there's about a dozen other toys trapped under the fridge. Give me some time, and I'll figure out how to rescue them, too.
    Everyone: Double hooray!

Act II

Time passes. Lots of time.

Everyone: We're waiting, Geoff.
    Geoff: Hey, I said it would take time. You don't want your toys to get squished, do you? Besides, you've got the Beloved Toy to play with, right?
    Everyone: Yeah, but it seems to have gone missing...

Act III

Enter Tom accompanied by a sickly dog. He has a can of lighter fluid.

Tom: Hey, everyone! Wanna see some art?
    Everyone: Is that the Beloved Toy?

Tom breaks a dozen (mostly) unused toys, smears the Beloved Toy in dog poop, and lights it on fire.

Everyone: What the hell, man?
    Tom: Aw, no one cared about the Beloved Toy until I smeared it with dog poop and lit it on fire.

Enter Geoff. He is naked, and has painted himself blue. He is visibly excited.

Geoff: Hey everyone! I think I've figured out how to rescue all those trapped toys! I- why does the Beloved Toy smell like dog poop?

Tom exits to Hollywood, pursued by a bear.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    And now, a short play in three acts:

SNIP
    I laughed harder than I should have at that. I was not expecting Johns as Dr Manhattan
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

While I can imagine there's a rabid number of conversations regarding 'Intent Vs. Execution' - this was a great series. Brave and beautiful. All contributors are, IMO, Masters of their Crafts and this was head and shoulders above the typical dross pumped out week after week.

The Sit-Down Interview segments were my favourites. I'm not a particular fan of the Bat-Family, but all the boys parts were a steamroller of emotions. Dyno.
    Last edited by _Feely_; 05-30-2019 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Did the airplane engine cover it up and fake its death afterwards? Because if it did, then yeah. Otherwise not so much...
    You forgot the part where the engine also set it up so that two innocent people would take the fall for it. Damn villainous engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    You forgot the part where the engine also set it up so that two innocent people would take the fall for it. Damn villainous engines.
    Technically that was covered by the "cover it up" part I feel. A frame up is also a kind of cover up.

I'm not convinced the bad reception of HiC didn't have at least some reason for TK being fired from Batman. This whole thing was strange.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    While I can imagine there's a rabid number of conversations regarding 'Intent Vs. Execution' - this was a great series. Brave and beautiful. All contributors are, IMO, Masters of their Crafts and this was head and shoulders above the typical dross pumped out week after week.

The Sit-Down Interview segments were my favourites. I'm not a particular fan of the Bat-Family, but all the boys parts were a steamroller of emotions. Dyno.
    Ummmmmmm no.

Wow this sucked.