Page 5 of 215 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Obviously we all love our heroes to be just that, heroes. However I love this concept. The suicide rate on this world is only rising. Firefighter suicide is now more than Line of Duty Deaths. This is something that needs all the attention it can get. If just one person reads this series and is inspired to reach out and get help because it touches them in some way then by all means let’s do this. Cops, Firefighters, EMS, and Soldiers are suffering from depression and PTSD and often times they are afraid to reach out for help because they don’t want to be seen as “weak” or “broken”. If The Flash and Green Lantern can admit to needing help sonthey can be the best version of themselves then maybe it will push others in this life to do the same. Also name one superhero who couldn’t benefit from this! They risk their lives daily to save the world, the city, or just one person but also their own trauma. They have lost parents to brutal violence, their own planets due to disaster, their father in a plane crash, etc etc. this is a good thing that they are using such iconic characters to tackle not only PTSD and mental health but from the sounds of possibly a good story as well. I’m all for it

Why is Harley there? She’s a mass murderer.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

LoneWolf36
    Hawkman and Hawkgirl to the left but who is the hawk guy on the right?
    . Looks like Golden Eagle is returning.

I think the premise is interesting and something that could probably portray an engaging narrative...I'm just not sure if Tom King is the right writer to convey it.

Not that his work hasn't demonstrated a proclivity for the psychological and the impact the heroes' actions have on them, but his approach to it isn't something I want to see spread out across the entire DCU and it's catalogue of characters. Especially after how he wrote Booster.

And I just find it funny that Harley is front-and-center there in a group of heroes and the Sirens are just way in the back .

Invincible Member

While I like what I've read of King's work so far, I really hope this title doesn't take it's self too seriously. Trying too hard to be "serious" and "grim" is one of the things that hurt Identity Crisis.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Why is Harley there? She’s a mass murderer.
    Because she's popular!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    While I like what I've read of King's work so far, I really hope this title doesn't take it's self too seriously. Trying too hard to be "serious" and "grim" is one of the things that hurt Identity Crisis.
    Well, King writes about a lot of complex and heavy topics, yet I haven't seen any of his work be humorless or taking itself too seriously. I don't think we have anything to worry about there.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I feel like most superhero comics are exactly as you want/describe them. The fact that everyone is comparing the solicit to Identity Crisis from 13-14 years ago, and not something more recent, tells me that these kind of stories don't come around often and are easily skippable if they don't appeal to readers.

Personally, I can't wait. I dug the hell out of Identity Crisis, and I love the occasional tale that delves into super-serious territory (I don't want all my stories like this, but occasional ones are A-Ok to me).
    Agreed. I don't need lighthearted superheroes stories all the time. I wish people would grow a pair, to be honest. Not everything is going to be sunshine. The fact that people on here think that superheroes are suppose to be one thing only gets on my effing nerves.

"Superheroes are suppose to be upbeat and fun"

Superheroes are whatever the hell creators want them to be. There should not be rules or limits. Stop trying to hold creators back with this mentality. As someone who has went through my own tramua way back. This absolutely speaks to me.

Perhaps they should bring Johnny DC back.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Hard pass! No thanks!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Because she's popular!
    So is the Joker. But he’s not a hero.

It works if she's a patient. While not a hero, she's not a straight up supervillain anymore. Maybe like Ivy, Batman vouches for her participation. So I'm holding out hope that in-story, that's the base that leads to her prominence in the tale. Its the only one that really makes sense (well, outside of the non-lore reasoning that she's just popular so she's always going to be in events now).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-13-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I’d consider both Harley and Ivy to be full on villains. For some reason, their actions have to be whitewashed because people can’t stand the idea of female villains.

Ivy most certainly is not, not anymore. In fact, the latest Batman arc featuring her basically teased the entire concept of this event with Batman knowing she's not evil and needs help.

The motivations of putting them into a bit of a tweener status notwithstanding (I'm not at all prepared to say with confidence its just because they're females), canonicity-wise its where they're at.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-13-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well, I hope that doesn’t last. She’s a genocidal maniac.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This could prove to be very interesting. King has proven his writing chops many times over by now. He may not be to everyone's tastes, but he's a talented writer who genuinely cares about the characters he's writing.