Page 53 of 215 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That being the case...

Maybe, it's a little early to have the signature.
    You may have a point. For all I know, that Wally that we saw could be a speed clone. (Disclaimer: I don't know how speed clones work, assuming it's a thing in the Flash mythos) For all I know, Wally will be able to undo certain things. I won't know. But I'm willing to read and find out
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Don't you guys just love the smell of the mentally ill being killed in the morning...

Anyway, I'm gonna do what I always do in events, read the first and last issues and skip the middle.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Fantastic Member

i liked it. the art was great. I understand were King is going with the story. it might end up really good. apart from that, I am very very upset about Roy and Wally.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." Truer word have never been spoken by the Dan "The Man" Didio.

I'm totally putting that in my signature lol.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebluefeline View Post
    I actually think Wally will be ok. He didn't get the talk to the camera moment that the rest did so I'm thinking he's still important to the story. Really loved the art and the atmosphere but it feels very disjointed and I feel kinda cheated with the premise of the story. Thought it was actually going to be some psychological evaluations of the heroes and not start off with a mass murder before we even get to see how the sanctuary runs. The Harley/Booster interactions felt like it could've been told all in one go instead of just cutting the scene over and over again. I don't like the 9 panel grid either that King keeps using. I'm also super confused on why Superman/Batman/WonderWoman weren't there in the first place either considering we know that they are patients there.
    Could be saving that for issue #2

Yeah I dont think Wally’s gonna be ok guys.

Spoilers for Flash #55
    spoilers:
    Wally’s Ghost pays Barry a Visit for sending him to Sanctuary
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." Truer word have never been spoken by the Dan "The Man" Didio.

The irony about that is from the guy you can blame for DC characters being expandable for books like this. I guess that something I will agree with Dan on.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Yeah I dont think Wally’s gonna be ok guys.

Spoilers for Flash #55
    spoilers:
    Wally’s Ghost pays Barry a Visit for sending him to Sanctuary
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Why would he be okay? We see the body and gets his eyes closed. Granted there's a million and one ways to bring him back but he's a corpse for now.
    end of spoilers

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    The irony about that is from the guy you can blame for DC characters being expandable for books like this. I guess that something I will agree with Dan on.
    I know, why do you think I love it? The irony is just too good.

spoilers:
    Why would he be okay? We see the body and gets his eyes closed. Granted there's a million and one ways to bring him back but he's a corpse for now.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well if Wally’s Ghost is paying visits to Barry to make him regret sending Wally to Sanctuary, that implies Wally’s not coming back in this event
    end of spoilers

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I'm totally actively putting my new found energy to use processing the returning of all my (thankfully unopened) Flash Deluxe books. It's invigorating! Thanks Dan!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

/BTW, yes, they could bring Wally back yet again, but that's 9 months he's just a ghost at best and I am so thoroughly done with his being dead and reborn and dead and reborn... Meanwhile Barry is just fine in a continuous book.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Always Rakzo

This went as well as it could based on the ill-conceived premise.

... No wait, I'm lying. This went actually much, MUCH worse.

I knew that there were going to be literal character assassinations but at least I was expecting some satisfying send-offs for a few of them. Yes, most of them are just obscure heroes and King tries, and the key word is "tries", to give them focus to depict their personalities but it happens in a single page for each one and showcases some of the worst examples of King's dialogue that I've seen to the point that I just can't take them seriously at all, it almost reads like a parody of profound writing.

And of course, famous characters like Wally West and Roy Harper get immediately killed which makes me suspect about if this will be permanent since it seems like such a dumb decision but still, there's always that terrible fear in the back of my head that DC could decide to stick with it and if so, well, it will automatically make this one of the worst series in years for me. I could even accept an appropriate death but not an off-panel murder just to create shock value or whatever the hell this was.

Not to mention that the plot barely progressed which makes things even more frustrating. Identity Crisis has its haters but at least that story had a pretty emotional punch to its initial death and started a more engaging mystery with much more content (and faaaaar better dialogue). No, this is more like, and I didn't want to believe it at the beginning, but this is more like Cry for Justice level of quality, cringey lines and everything.

Mann's art was good. Aside from that, boy, we're in for a ride people.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post

spoilers:
    Ah i forgot, they killed three Titans in this issue. Congratulations DC
    end of spoilers
    Four. Flash, Arsenal, Hotspot and Lagoon Boy (even if it was for only one issue).

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I'm just glad kyle didn't die
    That's the only good thing to come from this.