Page 7 of 215 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I get that Harley is incredibly popular and that DC would want to use her as much as possible. But can they atleast use her in a manner that makes sense and is compelling? and can they give her a good story for once? she is forced in to places that she really has no business in. To this day I dont understand why she's in Suicide Squad or what she did in No Justice. She's an incredibly limited character and I think its time DC realized that. Her publication history is incredibly weak.

That said I'm so done with King's "storytelling" anyway, the man just comes across as a one trick pony. He needs to work on improving his dialogue, action and pacing instead of shilling mental illness over and over using his "CIA" credentials. All this constant PTSD/Depression crap is really grating now especially if he cant be bothered to use characters with actual history of mental illness and instead needs to force his ideas on the likes of Booster whom he wrote terribly and should have been banned from writing. His Diana was also rubbish and I find his Batman equally cringe worthy while also being uninteresting, robotic, personalityless and boring. So Superman and Harley are the only logical draws as far as story leads are concerned.

Being a spiritual successor to Identity Crisis isn't something to get excited about either.
    Last edited by Armor of God; 06-14-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    They don't, but since she's legally insane that means she is incapable of understanding that those murders were wrong. Doesn't mean she should be running around free and clear, but with Amanda Waller holding her leash, she's more than capable of serving some role in Sanctuary given her psychiatric background.
    I was actually thinking about Ivy. Harley they've been trying to justify for a while with Joker's influence and what not... but Ivy's got a trail of bodies behind her.

Or is Ivy on the Squad now too... I haven't kept up on that.

Fantastic Member

Since tom king broke both selina and bruce mentally then he should try to fix them if he can that is. The way he destroyed bruces and boosters psyche if you just read his take on those characters they do need pyschological help. Also in real life some psychologists themselves are known to be mentally ill so harley does fit in with this. Ivy well she is a more plant than human maybe she regenerated a good and bad version her that explains how she is written all over the place in my mind. Also if marriage needs counseling it is the bat/cat one. Funny that king created the problems his idea is going to solve does make you wonder why he wrote the characters the way he did. Maybe he needs patients in sanctuary

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Ivy and Hawkgirl are in this, so I'm in!

I've been interested in seeing how Ivy is coming along, getting the help she needs.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I was actually thinking about Ivy. Harley they've been trying to justify for a while with Joker's influence and what not... but Ivy's got a trail of bodies behind her.

Or is Ivy on the Squad now too... I haven't kept up on that.
    King's "Everybody Loves Ivy" story established that Ivy hasn't killed anyone in the Rebirth continuity.

I wish they'd have gone with "Sanctuary" as the title. Heroes in Crisis is not a good name and the Crisis shtick is way overdone.
    I'm also kind of disappointed this is yet another event centered around the Trinity. It's nice to see Booster Gold in a lead role, but I'm honestly getting sick of everything being about the Superma, Batman and WW (to a lesser extent).

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    So is the Joker. But he’s not a hero.
    To be fair, we don't exactly know what role she will play. She's on the cover to sell copies, but we don't know that the other characters will accept her as a hero per se.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I wish they'd have gone with "Sanctuary" as the title. Heroes in Crisis is not a good name and the Crisis shtick is way overdone.
    I'm also kind of disappointed this is yet another event centered around the Trinity. It's nice to see Booster Gold in a lead role, but I'm honestly getting sick of everything being about the Superma, Batman and WW (to a lesser extent).
    Yes it would be nice if DC had faith in their other characters.

And I'm guessing this is either Golden Eagle or Blue Jay.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Raijin; 06-14-2018 at 03:58 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I’d consider both Harley and Ivy to be full on villains. For some reason, their actions have to be whitewashed because people can’t stand the idea of female villains.
    I don't think it has anything to do with them being female. Look at characters like Magneto and Sabertooth...they've each killed hundreds of people yet somehow keep ending up on superhero teams.

https://twitter.com/TheBigBang_/stat...98851378352129

More info in above tweet:

• It's founded 5 years ago by Trinity
    • Only robots and holograms are working there
    • Only Trinity knows who visits the place. Nobody keeps records of the patients
    • Someone is murdering the patients
    • Harley and Booster are the prime suspects.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheBigBang_/stat...98851378352129

More info in above tweet:

• It's founded 5 years ago by Trinity
    • Only robots and holograms are working there
    • Only Trinity knows who visits the place. Nobody keeps records of the patients
    • Someone is murdering the patients
    • Harley and Booster are the prime suspects.
    I can understand Harley. Not Booster tought. Why would he start killing people?

Ps: i hope this also explain why there are apparently 2 Harley: one in Belle Reve and one outside. Because i find hard to believe Amanda would let her exit enough times to kill multiple times in the same place.
    Last edited by Bromor; 06-14-2018 at 04:58 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    I can understand Harley. Not Booster tought. Why would he start killing people?

Ps: i hope this also explain why there are apparently 2 Harley: one in Belle Reve and one outside. Because i find hard to believe Amanda would let her exit enough times to kill multiple times in the same place.
    I don't think they are the killers - they are suspects, but like any good mystery, first suspects are almost always not the culprits.

Harley got out during Ivy's reign in Everyone Loves Ivy, and then Batman sent her to Sanctuary with Ivy.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't think they are the killers - they are suspects, but like any good mystery, first suspects are almost always not the culprits.

Harley got out during Ivy's reign in Everyone Loves Ivy, and then Batman sent her to Sanctuary with Ivy.
    That throws exactly when Harley left the Suicide Squad in flux though. But then again every writer is just doing their own thing IN DC these days nevermind adhering to continuity by much anyway.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Courtesy of Last Son of Krypton more information on Heroes in Crisis.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfpJ4oIWAAAFMad.jpg
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I’m glad Harley is in this, looking forward to seeing more of her interactions with the DC universe, King writes Harley reasonably well so hopefully it’s enjoyable. This thread is very interesting there’s a lot of people who claim to know a lot about Harley Quinn but clearly haven’t read anything she appears in. Apparently she’s a mass murderer?

Anyway let’s hope King continues to show why he’s one of the top writers in comics today.