Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Credit to Last Son of Krypton, who posted this in the S/WW thread

They got some details wrong here...Clark's separation from Lois and Jon came about because of Jor-El's return and that Clark allowed Lois and Jon to go with him after being persuaded.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Give him some years, and Tom King will make every DC characters mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Credit to Last Son of Krypton, who posted this in the S/WW thread

They got some details wrong here...Clark's separation from Lois and Jon came about because of Jor-El's return and that Clark allowed Lois and Jon to go with him after being persuaded.
    I think the alien heritage confrontation is referencing Rogol, not Jor-El. Lois & Jon left before Clark had been made aware of Rogol on Earth, and since Rogol destroyed Krypton then the starement "while dealing with seperation...his alien heritage resurfaces...". What it says is correct, but it could have been worded better.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I don't know that I agree with all of the analysis provided (though worth noting they're at least not entirely by King), but I find that Superman assessment surprisingly on-point.
    Buh-bye

Superman's assessment is what I would consider a very intriguing take on King's desire to utilize mental health into a superhero story. Diana's unfortunately I'm not feeling as much, particularly because of the depressive aspect of things. She's not a depressed character. Weaving these things in with a character's natural characterization, I get that, and I think they're getting that with Superman (he is in fact one of the most interesting character to do this with, frankly), but I think they're missing the mark with Diana if they plan on characterizing her as depressed. That's not who she is. Weave those feelings in with her naturally positive disposition, sure. And maybe they still will. But I'm concerned.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Why some years later, he is doing it right now lol

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Really dig the Superman assessment. It doesn't say "ALL adopted kids." It says "many." Which I think is a reasonable way to say that it's certainly not unheard of for people in that situation to develop that way even unbeknownst to them.

Plus, the sly recontexualizing of the Silver age is much appreciated, and the idea that his well documented conscious and unconscious surpassing of his ability has its drawbacks is a cool wrinkle in the way that it funnels back into, again well documented, feelings of alienation.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Silver age? I guess I'm missing it. But it's a very neat write up and good to know DC has roped in some professionals. They seem very keen to get it right. Well, and likely avoid the backlash of goofing on mental health.

Interesting analysis about “attachment disorder”. One thing I’ve noticed about Supes is despite his outgoing exterior, the number of people he’s strong friends with is low. We really only see him on really good terms with Bruce, Dick, and Diana. It’s interesting to view that through the lens of this analysis.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Might as well have a big cry...for justice

Roy Harper's a confirmed casualty
    end of spoilers

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...ajor-spoilers/

Sucks for his fans. I'm glad Kyle appears safe though. He looks to be taking Nightwing's spot in the Titans due to his upcoming storyline.

In fact I wonder if we're going to get a redux of Kyle/Donna now.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-16-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    Might as well have a big cry...for justice

Roy Harper's a confirmed casualty
    end of spoilers

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...ajor-spoilers/
    Is anyone surprised? It was forecasted pretty heavily. I don’t really care that much so it’s a “meh” for me. Glad Kyle survived at least.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I just hope whenever they do bring that character back, he gets a good writer and a solid new direction.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Sucks for his fans. I'm glad Kyle appears safe though. He looks to be taking Nightwing's spot in the Titans due to his upcoming storyline.

In fact I wonder if we're going to get a redux of Kyle/Donna now.
    Kyle might as well rival Tony Stark, Spider-Man and Nightwing in being the biggest ladies' man in comics.

BANNED

It appears the series will be given two extra issues, and Lee Weeks will fill in for Mann on the third, with Mitch Gerads illustrating the seventh issue.

https://www.newsarama.com/41940-hero...re-artist.html