Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Why every character except Superman is discussed here?
    These deaths, particularly the last one (since he's a friendly rival at times), will undoubtedly affect him as well as the other members of the trinity.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    These deaths, particularly the last one (since he's a friendly rival at times), will undoubtedly affect him as well as the other members of the trinity.
    Yeah, sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, sure.
    Bragging rights include "I died faster"

It's a sad business when we're hoping that a character dies rather than turning out to be a murderer. Neither is a good option for fan favourite characters like the ones on the chopping block.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    It's a sad business when we're hoping that a character dies rather than turning out to be a murderer. Neither is a good option for fan favourite characters like the ones on the chopping block.
    spoilers:
    If you're talking about Wally, the odds of him actually being a murderer were always slim to nil. Why do a murder mystery and tell us who it is before the first issue even comes out?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    spoilers:
    If you're talking about Wally, the odds of him actually being a murderer were always slim to nil. Why do a murder mystery and tell us who it is before the first issue even comes out?
    end of spoilers
    There was that rumour that this character would join the Suicide Squad though which sounded like a painfully bad direction for the character. Also it was running through the rumour mill so it picked up steam.

There was that rumour that this character would join the Suicide Squad though which sounded like a painfully bad direction for the character. Also it was running through the rumour mill so it picked up steam.
    I actually think the rumored Suicide Squad story is the kind of outside the box direction the character could use for the time being, similar to Dick's criminally short lived time as Agent 37. But yeah, it could still very easily go badly.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I actually think the rumored Suicide Squad story is the kind of outside the box direction the character could use for the time being, similar to Dick's criminally short lived time as Agent 37. But yeah, it could still very easily go badly.
    I could see that working if the context is he's there to stop them from being monsters, most the umbriege from the move was the concept that he'd be going as a murderer. It can work, though I'd prefer him as the Flash of Keystone.

BANNED

Not that this is the thing I'm most sceptical about with HiC but how is Booster Gold going to fend off Superman in a fight? I can understand if Booster can escape Clark due to his future tech but when it comes to a straight up fight, Booster should be seriously outmatched. Even during the Bryne era a fake Booster needed Kryptonite to stand a chance against Superman. Not exactly looking forward to seeing Clark possibly job against Michael for King's bias.

Not that this is the thing I'm most sceptical about with HiC but how is Booster Gold going to fend off Superman in a fight? I can understand if Booster can escape Clark due to his future tech but when it comes to a straight up fight, Booster should be seriously outmatched. Even during the Bryne era a fake Booster needed Kryptonite to stand a chance against Superman. Not exactly looking forward to seeing Clark possibly job against Michael for King's bias.
    Does King have a bias towards Booster? His take on Booster is near universally loathed, whereas Superman has been treated very well by him so far. of the characters, he appears to have a better grasp on Superman, so I would think that's where his bias leans.

I'm more concerned about Clark's appearance in Damage.

Does King have a bias towards Booster? His take on Booster is near universally loathed, whereas Superman has been treated very well by him so far. of the characters, he appears to have a better grasp on Superman, so I would think that's where his bias leans.

I'm more concerned about Clark's appearance in Damage.
    King likes Booster Gold is what I meant to say, he said that when he was writing the Batman story Booster appeared in. I don't doubt his take has been universally loathed but what I meant to say is that it looks like King may have Superman underpeform or not fight properly to give Booster a chance. Obviously speculation on my part thus far but Booster Gold vs Superman is not a fair fight.

Damage is probably not going to be kind to Clark though he is listed in the solicit for the November issue as the biggest threat in the League to Damage so at least that's something.

Honest to goodness spoiler, not speculation:

spoilers:
    Superman is the one to find Wally and Roy's bodies. They died together.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-25-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I just saw the scene on reddit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Honestly, I'd have preferred some more organically developed trauma for Clark...like empty nest syndrome or something spinning out Lois and Jon's absence (assuming this was set before Lois came back), than forcing this kind of event-specific trauma on him
    end of spoilers