Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

BANNED

well so Tom king is subtly trying to impart shades of the blood spattered button scenario into HIC. seems like the whole story is a bunch of inspirations (identity crisis, star trek etc.). the "wall of death" interviews even seems to be inspired from bendis new avengers.

BANNED

From the Flash annual preview

BANNED

I actually kind of liked King’s Superman speech but sheesh I wish he had done it earlier. Feels like this story is moving at a glacial pace.

BANNED

Clark cameos in this week's Batman as part of the Heroes In Crisis tie-in story "The Price"...also includes Wally West's autopsy...hope and optimism!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...sis-crossover/

Master Hero Vladimir

This is just my opinion and you neither have to like nor agree with it, but I think DC keeps pushing dark and deconstructive storylines because they believe that's what people want. Dark and deconstructive storylines like Identity Crisis and Civil War, for better or worse, ended up shaping the superhero comic book landscape for the foreseeable future. Stories where superheroes act like bad cops, rogue FBI agents or sleazy… I mean, actual politicians and believe good and evil are relative have become more and more common than stories where there are clearly defined heroes and villains. Look, stories with morally questionable heroes and sympathetic villains have their merits, but that method of storytelling is becoming unsustainable in mainstream superhero comics, especially when A-list superheroes like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are concerned. If you deconstruct the A-listers, that will leave people wondering what is so heroic about them. I'm doing my best to enjoy Heroes in Crisis but so far, it's looking like a deconstruction without a reconstruction. It would appear that Tom King has no interest in breaking something apart without putting it back together, even when the whole point of Rebirth was to put back everything together. If Heroes in Crisis is the deconstruction, where is the reconstruction? Where the light at the end of the tunnel? Where is the happy ending?

BANNED

The happy ending is likely the outcome of Doomsday Clock. Remember, when we begin that book, the DC Universe is already going to hell...Heroes In Crisis and everything else has been building to that, it's Empire before Jedi.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The happy ending is likely the outcome of Doomsday Clock. Remember, when we begin that book, the DC Universe is already going to hell...Heroes In Crisis and everything else has been building to that, it's Empire before Jedi.
    Yes, but the constant delays feel like whatever impact Doomsday Clock will have on the DC Universe will be small.
    Last edited by HeroVladimir93; 02-05-2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Grammar check.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Yes, but the constant delays feel like whatever impact Doomsday Clock will have on the DC Universe will be small.
    Sometimes I think the delays are the very reason we got Heroes In Crisis in the first place.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I feel the opposite about Doomsday Clock. After its end there'll be a "darker tone" for the DCU, imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I feel the opposite about Doomsday Clock. After its end there'll be a "darker tone" for the DCU, imo.
    Could very well be, perhaps it began as one thing, but the delays have been to ensure it aligns with the current regime's vision.

The whole point of Doomsday Clock is supposed to refute the dark, cynical tone of Watchmen. So I don't think the ending there will be a downer at all.

Heroes in Crisis seems like Identity Crisis all over again though. While I still think King intend to turn things around with it, since I don't think he wants to say that all this trauma makes heroes damaged beyond repair, or whatnot, it's probably not going to be a "happy" ending. Maybe a slightly optimistic one though.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The "darker tone" I was referring shouldn't necessary being set by the end of Jonhs/Frank's maxi-series. I just feel that the books (like Batman #75 that should come out around the end of DDC) will put some of the heroes in situations that aren't all "hope and optimism".