Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Could very well be, perhaps it began as one thing, but the delays have been to ensure it aligns with the current regime's vision.
    The whole point of Rebirth, and more specifically Doomsday Clock, was to disprove the darkness and cynicism that dominated the comic book industry after the release of Watchmen. If Heroes in Crisis is supposed to bring about a new era of anti-heroes and moral ambiguity, then Rebirth will be meaningless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The whole point of Doomsday Clock is supposed to refute the dark, cynical tone of Watchmen. So I don't think the ending there will be a downer at all.

Heroes in Crisis seems like Identity Crisis all over again though. While I still think King intend to turn things around with it, since I don't think he wants to say that all this trauma makes heroes damaged beyond repair, or whatnot, it's probably not going to be a "happy" ending. Maybe a slightly optimistic one though.
    I do hope Heroes in Crisis has a happy ending or at least delivers a positive outcome for the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The "darker tone" I was referring shouldn't necessary being set by the end of Jonhs/Frank's maxi-series. I just feel that the books (like Batman #75 that should come out around the end of DDC) will put some of the heroes in situations that aren't all "hope and optimism".
    See, I think things will have to start heading up for Batman somewhere around Batman 75. It's been on a downward spiral since 50 and that's heading into the third and final act for King's story. That's thought to be the Catwoman crossover isn't it? And with the Knightmares arc closing out there won't be much lower to go.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    The whole point of Rebirth, and more specifically Doomsday Clock, was to disprove the darkness and cynicism that dominated the comic book industry after the release of Watchmen. If Heroes in Crisis is supposed to bring about a new era of anti-heroes and moral ambiguity, then Rebirth will be meaningless.

I do hope Heroes in Crisis has a happy ending or at least delivers a positive outcome for the heroes.
    I agree. I think a "hopeful" ending might be more HiC's outcome, rather than "happy." Not sure how to frame it, but like they were knocked down hard but are getting back up and dealing with the trauma more positively. At least I hope so. King's whole thing seems to be dealing with PTSD issue for the characters and Mr. Miracle had a somewhat optimistic if vague ending. Vision too had a pretty dark ending but hints of optimism if I recall it correctly.
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-05-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    See, I think things will have to start heading up for Batman somewhere around Batman 75. It's been on a downward spiral since 50 and that's heading into the third and final act for King's story. That's thought to be the Catwoman crossover isn't it? And with the Knightmares arc closing out there won't be much lower to go.
    I bet that the Batman's death teased in one of the early issue of King's run will happen in #75. We'll see.

BANNED

The most-talked about miniseries of the year reaches its stunning finale’ The mystery behind the murders at Sanctuary is solved, but the mind behind it is one the heroes never expected. With their deepest secrets exposed, the Trinity has to consider how to carry on. Should the tragedy cause them to redouble their efforts to help their hurting comrades, or will they need to close up shop? The answers will be found in the ashed of this final showdown, and the fates of Booster Gold. Harley Quinn and the rest hang in the balance.

Still sticking with my future Wally theory. Cover looks both like a mugshot but can and I think in the end will also be intended to convey two Wallys.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

It appears there's to be a slight retcon to Rebirth in the latest issue (preview courtesy of BC)

Wally now speaks to Barry about his family when they reunite.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Why do i get a bad feeling about this? I Thank the Gods i don't read it. Poor Wally!!!i can't wait for this to be over so tgat the character can be freed

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Reminds me a lot of what guys like Waid and Johns were saying about the line going forward after Infinite Crisis. The commentary in the story was supposed to lead into a change of tone for their books; instead we got Cry for Justice and the Wonder Twins being eaten by a dog. For guys like Didio and Tomasi, gore, guts and darkness is what they always return to.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It appears there's to be a slight retcon to Rebirth in the latest issue (preview courtesy of BC)

Wally now speaks to Barry about his family when they reunite.
    "You remember how happy and heartwarming the Flash hug was? Well watch us make it depressing."

It almost feels like a comment by Wally fans on how much Rebirth ultimately failed Wally after all the promise and hype.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "You remember how happy and heartwarming the Flash hug was? Well watch us make it depressing."

It almost feels like a comment by Wally fans on how much Rebirth ultimately failed Wally after all the promise and hype.
    Also feels like a way to retool that moment so that Wally's Start of Darkness isn't the asspull it's looking to be.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Retconning a story before it's even been finished takes some nerve; even more so when it's a terrible book doing it to a good one. It's like DC is determined to squander every bit of goodwill Rebirth brought them.

I dropped HiC after the first issue. But seeing stuff like this makes me wonder how it even got greenlit in the first place.

Then I remember that Didio hates legacy characters, especially Dick's generation, and Tom King has a hard on for depressing stories.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Sorry, guys, but what on Earth does any of this have to do with Superman in Heroes in Crisis? Or is this just yet another thread to complain about Tom King and DC's treatment of Wally West?

Nobody is asking you to like this story, but do we really need to hijack one more thread with the exact same complaints in a forum that's supposed to be about Superman? I mean, not a single person has even mentioned Superman in the last twenty or so posts on this thread and the last issue just featured one of the most beautifully Superman speeches I've read in years.

Sorry for the rant, but this is getting ridiculous. If you want to complain more about this story, there are so many other threads for you to do so. And, if that's too much to ask, can we at least pretend to try to make the same old complaints about Heroes in Crisis somewhat related to Superman's role in the story?

Again, my apologies. Rant over.

BANNED

I included the preview page of the Flashes because it informs a big part of the story, a story that everyone, Lois included, is investigating, and it gives the readers insights into motivations of a character who's death is pivotal to a lot of events going on...and the retcon also affects how we overall see the Rebirth one-shot in light of this latest edgier phase from DC.

If people want to discuss the overall story in here, they can do so, if they wish to complain, they can do so. You enjoy it? more power to you, but that doesn't give you wiggle room to demand what is or isn't being discussed.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-27-2019 at 03:28 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Sorry, guys, but what on Earth does any of this have to do with Superman in Heroes in Crisis? Or is this just yet another thread to complain about Tom King and DC's treatment of Wally West?

Nobody is asking you to like this story, but do we really need to hijack one more thread with the exact same complaints in a forum that's supposed to be about Superman? I mean, not a single person has even mentioned Superman in the last twenty or so posts on this thread and the last issue just featured one of the most beautifully Superman speeches I've read in years.

Sorry for the rant, but this is getting ridiculous. If you want to complain more about this story, there are so many other threads for you to do so. And, if that's too much to ask, can we at least pretend to try to make the same old complaints about Heroes in Crisis somewhat related to Superman's role in the story?

Again, my apologies. Rant over.
    I am not saying you aren't right. But this thread hasn't been on topic since ages. It is too late to course correct now.
    We are just talking about how this is the antithesis of rebirth which is about hope and optimism. Wally is a symbol of legacy, and optimistic attitude similar to superman. Rebirth is the reason this superman exists. Concept of Rebirth being broken down in a way affects this superman as well.