Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

While the farm isn't actually the Kent farm it shouldn't be overlooked that it is a farm at all--a farm that Superman is co founder of, and has outfitted in Kryptonian tech. I think it's all deliberate shout out to Superman given how much of his iconography is at the heart of this down to all the lion's share of the tech used there.

The only reason it's not the Kent farm could simply be that he didn't want it to be too on the nose?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Oh yeah, I think its highly likely its all inspired by Clark's childhood, a mix between his rural life and his Kryptonian heritage.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This might be literally nothing but a stray thought, but I feel it's worth just throwing out there: suppose Conner is a patient in remission at Sanctuary? Over in the general DC forums the idea implied for a second, so I thought I'd put some real thought to it. I mean, after Conner got triggered by Luthor Pre-52 he retreated to the Kent farm as a safe space till he got back on his feet, right?

Since that just straight up never happened now, and Tim doesn't even know him Post-Rebirth, suppose Clark found him and put him here? Sanctuary being an "open secret" and those who stay there are only known to the Trinity, it would make sense. I'm not holding my breath mind you, but it would make some sense.

Plus....Clay Mann defining Conner for the Post-Rebirth era? Ummmmm yes!!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This might be literally nothing but a stray thought, but I feel it's worth just throwing out there: suppose Conner is a patient in remission at Sanctuary? Over in the general DC forums the idea implied for a second, so I thought I'd put some real thought to it. I mean, after Conner got triggered by Luthor Pre-52 he retreated to the Kent farm as a safe space till he got back on his feet, right?

Since that just straight up never happened now, and Tim doesn't even know him Post-Rebirth, suppose Clark found him and put him here? Sanctuary being an "open secret" and those who stay there are only known to the Trinity, it would make sense. I'm not holding my breath mind you, but it would make some sense.

Plus....Clay Mann defining Conner for the Post-Rebirth era? Ummmmm yes!!
    This really doesn't seem like the kind of story I would expect DC to re-introduce the Young Justice four in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This really doesn't seem like the kind of story I would expect DC to re-introduce the Young Justice four in.
    I sincerely doubt it'll happen, I doubt even more that it would be anyone besides Conner. I could possibly see King not minding that reveal being included. Again, I wanna stress super hard that I have no real faith in this idea, but it's at least a pretty strong mirror to a fairly famous time in the characters history that's no impossible, the Kent farm years, so it has its thematic roots.

BANNED

Could be his new 52 version,he was also a mess,and could have finally split from Harvest,but had nowhere to go and didn't know what to do anyway.

Sooner the better for Kon,and I mean a kesel/Geoff/Weissman/lobdell mixed version

BANNED

Rumors of one major twist in the story are starting to spread, given the character involved is the occasional rival of Clarks, I felt it relevant to throw in here

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...tial-spoilers/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Rumors of one major twist in the story are starting to spread, given the character involved is the occasional rival of Clarks, I felt it relevant to throw in here

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...tial-spoilers/
    spoilers:
    if this is true...Wow. Soon as Johns leaves his position they're putting Classic Wally through the wringer again. DiDio and Lee seem to have it in for him. Makes one wonder what other greatest hits from the 2003-2015 DC era is coming back. I mean, this series solicits makes it feel like" Identity Crisis vol. 2". A small part of it makes me worry about the future of the Super marriage and Jon. I don't think Bendis himself would do anything to them, but DiDio on the other hand...

end of spoilers
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-18-2018 at 06:29 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    spoilers:
    A small part of it makes me worry about the future of the Super marriage and Jon. I don't think Bendis himself would do anything to them, but DiDio on the other hand...

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well the editor of the Super books said Bendis would be creating drama "within the marriage", which does'nt sound like it could be ending under Bendis, but who knows what kind of relationship Lois and Clark will have heading into Doomsday Clock, all we know is they're still living and working together there. Hopefully it's not a case of "divorced ever after", but what else can Bendis do with them that makes them like other real-life families with unorthodox values? Bendis also said Action 1004 and 1005 are "big" developments for Lois and Clark...possibly beginning the seperation process maybe?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-18-2018 at 07:14 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    Well the editor of the Super books said Bendis would be creating drama "within the marriage", which does'nt sound like it could be ending under Bendis, but who knows what kind of relationship Lois and Clark will have heading into Doomsday Clock, all we know is they're still living and working together there. Hopefully it's not a case of "divorced ever after", but what else can Bendis do with them that makes them like other real-life families with unorthodox values? Bendis also said Action 1004 and 1005 are "big" developments for Lois and Clark...possibly beginning the seperation process maybe?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    anything is possible, but I don't think the Super marriage is in any immediate danger. However in a couple years I could see DiDio resurrecting the policy that heroes shouldn't be married or have kids and find a way to make it happen. I could see a scenario where DiDio finds a way to keep the current Superman and the current continuity but get rid of his marriage to Lois and find some way to side line Jon that doesn't require a reboot or retcon. Is it possible Bendis is doing this? Yeah, but i think Bendis wants to use both. It's AFTER Bendis' run that I worry.
    end of spoilers
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

If this is supposed to be a mystery, and that's the opening shot, that suggests
    spoilers:
    Despite seeing it, there's reason to doubt Wally's guilt. Maybe its a video feed where its questioned if it could have been doctored, for example. Something like that. Either way, it doesn't make sense to have a murder mystery story with three suspects but reveal in the very opening page who is guilty
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If this is supposed to be a mystery, and that's the opening shot, that suggests
    spoilers:
    Despite seeing it, there's reason to doubt Wally's guilt. Maybe its a video feed where its questioned if it could have been doctored, for example. Something like that. Either way, it doesn't make sense to have a murder mystery story with three suspects but reveal in the very opening page who is guilty
    end of spoilers
    I've been saying this since it was announced. spoilers:
    Wally is totally innocent
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Major spoiler for Batman#50 related to Booster

spoilers:
    Skeets is working with Bane
    end of spoilers

I'm now getting uncomfortable with all the allusions to the Infinite Crisis time period.

spoilers:
    Wasn't Skeets a in a somewhat villainous role in 52 due to something involving Mr. Mind?
    end of spoilers

In any case I'm not so sure I want to support anything of King's anymore for the foreseeable future, so I might end up skipping this. If things go down as I think they will, this will be a psychological set up where the "meat and potatoes" leading up to and including the Crisis will be Snyder's territory. So I won't have to sacrifice much if I'm still intrigued with bigger event when it comes. But again I'm becoming wary even on those grounds altogether because I'm just getting unavoidable sensations of a Identity Crisis/Countdown To/Infinite Crisis/52 retread here.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-02-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    spoilers:
    anything is possible, but I don't think the Super marriage is in any immediate danger. However in a couple years I could see DiDio resurrecting the policy that heroes shouldn't be married or have kids and find a way to make it happen. I could see a scenario where DiDio finds a way to keep the current Superman and the current continuity but get rid of his marriage to Lois and find some way to side line Jon that doesn't require a reboot or retcon. Is it possible Bendis is doing this? Yeah, but i think Bendis wants to use both. It's AFTER Bendis' run that I worry.
    end of spoilers
    Even if they got rid of the marriage I don't see them getting rid of Jon. Hell they even brought Damian back despite A. Morrison wanting to kill him off for good, and B. The mandate to keep Batman miserable and unhappy,