Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Wow. I don't don't even have anything clever or funny to say. That's just easily one of the best looking comic pages I've ever seen.

And you're telling me Mitch freakin' Gerads is on the book now too? I physical can't wait.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'd been rooting for Mann even before I was rooting for Jimenez, and this level he's at now is honestly one I didn't even think was possible, in a way.

The dude is a genuine superstar in the making. Feels like we're watching that moment when he kicks it up into high-gear. And the colorist (his brother?) is giving him the assist of a lifetime.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    And you're telling me Mitch freakin' Gerads is on the book now too? I physical can't wait.
    Wait, what? Where does it say that?
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Wait, what? Where does it say that?
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...66034551812096

King: "The Heroes in Crisis art team. @Clay_Mann_ and @MitchGerads."

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...66034551812096

King: "The Heroes in Crisis art team. @Clay_Mann_ and @MitchGerads."
    And now I see Gerads has confirmed on his own feed that this is his post-Mister Miracle project.
    Buh-bye

Not sure what Superman's role will be, but after that image of a Dini-costume-clad Harley choking Batman with the Lasso of Truth, I'm going to bet that Diana finds out she's innocent and aids her as a fugitive.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    And now I see Gerads has confirmed on his own feed that this is his post-Mister Miracle project.
    It's gonna literally be the best looking book out there.

Also this means.....SUPERMAN DRAWN BY MITCH GERADS, SON!!!!!!

From the panel:

- “Sanctuary is the therapy you need," “We base our therapy on Batman’s will, Wonder Woman’s compassion, and Superman’s need to always do right.”

- Gerads is a co-artist. And given it was an actual announcement it sounds like they'll be trading off issue by issue or something like that.

- King says Gerads will provide art for “deep dive” stories into the psychology of individual heroes.

- "Heroes in Crisis is a realization of the themes of Mister Miracle," King says. The writer frames that current series as an examination of one person's impact on the DCU. "[Heroes in Crisis will] open up hundreds of heroes to the examination we’ve given Scott Free.”

- Heroes in Crisis is intended by King to change the way heroes and superhero stories are seen, a la Crisis on Infinite Earths, but through a personal story. “That’s the PR reason it’s called Crisis,” said King.

- King said the real reason for the “Crisis” title comes from a nervous breakdown he had in 2016, which included physical panic attacks.
    The breakdown was accompanied by the death of his grandmother who raised him. “I was broken, I didn’t realize how brittle I was.”

- He’s spent the last two years in therapy, working through his PTSD and mental health. King said its important to him to express that people can get help for these issues without shame or worry, as it helped him to consider the lives superheroes have lived, and that they too have survived trauma.

- Sanctuary is located in rural Nebraska - near where his grandmother was from. It is a small, remote farmhouse surrounded by flatland. In DCU continuity, it was built by Batman using Kryptonian technology, and is staffed by AI based on Wonder Woman’s compassion.

- Beneath the farmhouse are “chambers” similar to the idea of a Star Trek holodeck, capable of simulating necessary therapy scenarios. Sanctuary is anonymous - patients wear white robes and gold masks for anonymity.

- The final part of the Sanctuary process is confession, followed by unmasking.

- Clay Mann designed a pin based on Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman’s logo.

- “Sanctuary is a background, but the book is about a massacre. It gets dark, but our pain is our strength.”

- The story starts with a mass shooting - a massacre at Sanctuary. A dozen heroes are killed, and no one knows who did it. “The second mystery is, can they put this all back together.”

- King said the story is inspired by the current state of the world, and the shared trauma of terrifying events.

- While in Afghanistan working for the C.I.A., King read Infinite Crisis and said he read where DC co-Publisher Dan Didio said "You can’t have a Crisis without a dead Flash. And that’s all I’m gonna say about that."

- King consulted with crisis centers and psychologists, “but in the end I felt it was more productive to tell my story and not worry about telling the stories of others.”

- King wouldn't explain a recent image he tweeted from the series of Harley Quinn lassoing Batman with Wonder Woman’s golden lasso.

Edit: More stuff from CBR

- “I want to speak about, and to, this New War generation, the millions of people who have fought bravely overseas and have come home to try to return to their normal lives,” King said at a press conference at SDCC. “I want to talk about their hopes, their pains, their triumphs; I want to use DC’s heroes to tell their stories.

- “But this book isn’t actually about Sanctuary,” he added. “It’s about the failures of Sanctuary. In that way, I’m writing about this moment in our history. We felt safe. We had security. Then something went horribly wrong. Is it possible to repair that? To fight that? “HEROES IN CRISIS is about heroes who have to live through violence to save the world, and what that violence does to them. They make a sacrifice every time they go out to fight the bad guys. That sacrifice is at the heart of the series.”

- To be clear: the robes and mask are not a nod to Pyscho Pirate or Anarky. As stated above, they are for anonymity and are even worn by Clark, Bruce, and Di.

- Clay Mann will illustrate the core issues of the miniseries, Gerads will “draw standalone issues strategically placed to give a deeper look into the overall story.”

- On sale Sept. 26

Edit: More stuff from comicsbeat

- Clay Mann designed the Sanctuary masks to be shaped like the shield emblem Superman wore in his very first appearances. A number of other symbols in Sanctuary are based of Superman’s shield.

- Expanding on the title Heroes in Crisis, King explained that he looked to Marv Wolfman, author of the progenitor DC Crisis event Crisis on Infinite Earths, for inspiration. However, King went on to say that he didn’t want to make this Crisis like the ones that came before it: “I’m a little tired of having the world end.”

- King discussed a moment in time where he and his team did something that saved many soldiers’ lives, landing them on the “front page of every newspaper” in the country. He felt good in the moment, but then, as days went by, he figured out a way he might have been able to save more lives. That pain and that trauma was something, King felt, superheroes in the DC Universe would experience as well, leading to the idea of Sanctuary as a place where heroes could come to deal with this pain.

- Heroes in Crisis, King said, is ultimately about building a sense of “community.” The book is not only about solving who committed this violent crime, but also about how a community of people can rebuild after such a tragic event.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-20-2018 at 04:49 PM.

The dude is a genuine superstar in the making. Feels like we're watching that moment when he kicks it up into high-gear. And the colorist (his brother?) is giving him the assist of a lifetime.
    Okay, one: Clay Mann was already a superstar, y’all just didn’t notice him until now. Meanwhile, I’ve been familiar with his work since Gambit and trust me, he’s always been this good. Two: His twin brother, Seth, was his inker. Seth is also a teacher, and thusly, could only ink on the weekends. I believe he’s retired from inking now.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Okay, one: Clay Mann was already a superstar, y’all just didn’t notice him until now. Meanwhile, I’ve been familiar with his work since Gambit and trust me, he’s always been this good. Two: His twin brother, Seth, was his inker. Seth is also a teacher, and thusly, could only ink on the weekends. I believe he’s retired from inking now.
    And before Gambit he did my favorite book, X-Men Leg, with Mike Carey. And Elektra.

For a long time though, they were trying to work him into the regular artist mold. His collaborations with King seem well planned and as time has gone on he's just gotten tremendous with what he's be able to put on the page with time. I'm glad Gerads was announced early instead of throwing both men to the fire for deadlines out of panic.

I’m interested in where this is going. I wish Sanctuary was the old Kent farm though. That would be a good use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Lol okay, fair enough, I didn't imply otherwise (also didn't know about his brother retiring). I'm just saying now a much greater audience will find out about and recognize what you've always known. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Lol I swear I this same conversation today about the rapper Vince Staples, but in that case I had to have my friend pump his breaks cause I've on him since he's OF features and Stolen Youth.

But I respect the passion in both instances.

BANNED

BANNED

Cover to Issue Two and a couple of more confessionals from Blue Jay and Arsenal

https://www.newsarama.com/40956-hero...irst-look.html